Eklund Rumor: Habs and Flames (Desharnais+ and Dougie Hamilton)

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
True but its pretty ugly looking :)

If you want an honest "pretty ugly 50-year-old look" to this website, I dare you to go in your Control Panel, and change the theme to "Lite." :snide:

That said, Eklund shouldn't be trusted by anyone (there are still too many gullible people who want to believe him, and I know why: he sells pipe dreams), but it was proven in another thread that his "source" for this trade was actually a member who posted this trade offer a few days ago in this forum (talk about trades started when the GM of Flames was at a Habs game). Eklund's obviously a lurker on here, and whatever he sees generate some heat (or he thinks is good), he'll post away in his website & claim it was legitimized by a real source...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
David desharnais is a top 6 centre.

Dogue Hamilton is a struggling young defensemen with a huge contract.

Montreal is taking on all the risk.
What? Desharnais is a 30 year old borderline 2nd line player (at best) in the final year of his contract. Hamilton is a young offensive defenseman under contract for several more years. If a deal like that went down it would only be because the Habs had revealing photos of Treliving, no one with any sense would think that is a good deal for Calgary. Hamilton is worth infinitely more than Desharnais and everyone will tell you that knows anything about the players involved.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Obviously the Flames need to add there :sarcasm:

At least now we know Hamilton is never going to Montreal

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Dougie Hamilton is a RHD Montreal already has Weber and Petry on the right side, Unless Hamilton can play LD as well a Hamilton to Montreal makes absolutely zero sense Hamilton to Detroit makes far more sense. Possibly something around Nyquist++ for Hamilton.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Petry + Gallagher + Byron will get you Hamilton.

This makes sense. Flames gut their defense even more, and add a center... the one thing they don't need.

#E5

Yeah, it's hilarious. We literally need a centre (Monahan, lookin at you) to get a little bit banged up so we can call up Jankowski.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Dougie Hamilton is a RHD Montreal already has Weber and Petry on the right side, Unless Hamilton can play LD as well a Hamilton to Montreal makes absolutely zero sense Hamilton to Detroit makes far more sense. Possibly something around Nyquist++ for Hamilton.

I think if a Hamilton to Habs trade ever happened, Petry would have to be part of the trade. Given his NMC, I doubt there's a trade to be made here. I don't think Petry would waive to go to Calgary.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I think if a Hamilton to Habs trade ever happened, Petry would have to be part of the trade. Given his NMC, I doubt there's a trade to be made here. I don't think Petry would waive to go to Calgary.

Totally agree, I don't see Petry waiving his NMC for Calgary supposedly why he signed with Montreal was because he still wanted to be closer to home near Detroit and Montreal is still closer to Detroit then Calgary is. Still wouldn't surprise me if a Hamilton to Detroit deal was more in the cards then a Hamilton to Montreal deal.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Totally agree, I don't see Petry waiving his NMC for Calgary supposedly why he signed with Montreal was because he still wanted to be closer to home near Detroit and Montreal is still closer to Detroit then Calgary is. Still wouldn't surprise me if a Hamilton to Detroit deal was more in the cards then a Hamilton to Montreal deal.

Dylan Larkin, Mike Green + 1st round pick for Hamilton.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Forgetting that it's Eklund, what does Montreal do with another rhd? Dougie does nothing to address team needs on the left side.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
So now we know that a Hamilton to Montreal deal, Isn't happening just because Eklund says so. He hasn't been right yet and i doubt he is now. Seeing that Montreal with Weber and Petry is set on the right side. So unless Petry is coming home to Detroit in a 3 way i doubt Hamilton winds up in Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad