Eklund Rumor: Habs and Flames (Desharnais+ and Dougie Hamilton)

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I can see the Flames having an interest in Emelin because I think they have a soft D. They could use a cruncher like him and he's a solid PK er too. Crisp is an emotional attachment. Crisp family has very close ties to the Calgary Flames organization, so I can see him as a throw in "C" prospect type.

But, DD? :laugh:

Something centering around Emelin is not that far fetched.

In any case, it does seem Hamilton is on the trade block.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
:laugh::laugh::laugh: omg classic proposal

no no, "top prospect" :laugh:

Obviously you haven't watched enough of Crisp. He is a PPG in the ECHL this year and put up 5 points in 40 games in the AHL last year. He can also play goal. Prospects with this kind of versatility don't come around very often.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I can see the Flames having an interest in Emelin because I think they have a soft D. They could use a cruncher like him and he's a solid PK er too. Crisp is an emotional attachment. Crisp family has very close ties to the Calgary Flames organization, so I can see him as a throw in "C" prospect type.

But, DD? :laugh:

Something centering around Emelin is not that far fetched.

In any case, it does seem Hamilton is on the trade block.

Centering a trade of a what 30 year old defenseman with 2 years left in his contract for a 23 year old defenseman on a reasonable long term deal isn't going to happen unless Montreal adds something really enticing that doesn't have the initials DD.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Obviously you haven't watched enough of Crisp. He is a PPG in the ECHL this year and put up 5 points in 40 games in the AHL last year. He can also play goal. Prospects with this kind of versatility don't come around very often.

Being a point per game in what is basically the milhouse division isn't exactly blowing anyones socks off. He's 22 and in the ECHL and is a center who didn't do much at anytime in the AHL, if the Flames were a team in the upper mongolia professional hockey team we'd be all over trading you a can of beans and a cow for him. But he's not ever going to be an NHL player.

Crisp isn't that intriguing of a prospect.

He has very little value right now.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
So we would have Shea Weber, Jeff Petry and Doogie Hamilton as RHD defensmen? On paper that's a massive combo but it makes little sense considering we're really mediocre on the left side of our D squad.

Emelin is the one playing with Weber for God's sake...

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada

Woah. Hold on. 5? FIVE whole points? In 40 games? Stop the presses folks.

Come on. Is this all it takes to be a top prospect nowadays? In 10 years, it'll be "well he finished a game once."

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Being a point per game in what is basically the milhouse division isn't exactly blowing anyones socks off. He's 22 and in the ECHL and is a center who didn't do much at anytime in the AHL, if the Flames were a team in the upper mongolia professional hockey team we'd be all over trading you a can of beans and a cow for him. But he's not ever going to be an NHL player.

BIT4TTM.gif

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Eklund receipt:

Take most polarizing player from Team X (preferably Canadian). Rumor him to be in a deal fro polarizing player from Team Y (bonus if its Canadian team)

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City

Woah. Hold on. 5? FIVE whole points? In 40 games? Stop the presses folks.

Come on. Is this all it takes to be a top prospect nowadays? In 10 years, it'll be "well he finished a game once."

LOL wow you guys, lighten up a little :laugh:. That was quite obviously a joke. Every serious hab fan knows that Crisp is a joke of a prospect.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Eklund receipt:

Take most polarizing player from Team X (preferably Canadian). Rumor him to be in a deal fro polarizing player from Team Y (bonus if its Canadian team)
Basically, all he did here was see the Kypreos comment and the tweet about Treliving scouting the Habs-Wings game and combine into one horrible rumor. The stupid thing is Montreal has no need for Hamilton they already have two top 4 Rhd and I doubt they look to move any substantial players when their team is on fire. Where as the red wings do have a need for him (I think). Anyways the takeaway from this thread is that Eklund is a dumbass who is wrong 99% of the time.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
And in now way could he be the main piece in a deal for DH. I watch a **** ton of hockey so try again. Your the one making the bad offer.

NO you are; the offer on the table stands, Crisp + DD = DH is more than fair and if we still had Eller and Halak I'd throw them in there too

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Wow he played well in the lowest minors but could not get close to looking good in the AHL. A whole 5 points in over half a season, you should call him up after such a good run. He is a long shot to ever be a NHL regular.

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
And in now way could he be the main piece in a deal for DH. I watch a **** ton of hockey so try again. Your the one making the bad offer.

Agreed. Emelin would not be the center piece for a Hamilton trade. However, if you watch a ****ton of hockey and think he is "junk", stop telling people you watch so much hockey without being able to understand it. Emelin is not "junk". He is a capable to good top 4 defenceman who is very physical and plays a solid positional game. He is not someone other players want to go into the corner with, and forces other teams' players to slow down and watch for him in case they get destroyed by him. He will never produce tons of points, but that is not his role.

Now, a package where there is a significant piece added to Emelin for Hamilton could be discussed, but due to the age difference and potential of Hamilton, it would need to be a very significant addition (1st round pick and good prospect).

Of course, we do not NEED another RD, we need a LD, so the point is moot and this is Eklund trying to drum up business...as usual...sigh...

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
Wow he played well in the lowest minors but could not get close to looking good in the AHL. A whole 5 points in over half a season, you should call him up after such a good run. He is a long shot to ever be a NHL regular.

You really do not realize what Foxygen is doing, do you? He is NOT serious about DD and Crisp for Hamilton and is not serious about Crisp being a top prospect. Wow, man, wake up!

As far as Petry, Gallagher, and Byron for Hamilton, the Flames management would do that deal so fast Hamilton would be in Montreal before he woke up from a 5 minute nap...lol Hamilton is not going to get you Gallagher alone, never mind adding Petry and Byron. Lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad