Confirmed with Link: Habs acquire David Schlemko for 2019 5th rounder

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I don't get how some people are upset with this. Everyone in the main board likes the trade for the Habs saying how underrated Schlemko is.

Now I know the Habs amateur scouting is weak, but we are aware that their professional scouting is pretty good. This is another of those minor MB moves that can help drastically. It's better than playing guys like Barberio, Nesterov and Hanley.

Agreed. Schlemko is a good choice for 3rd pairing D. But we still have hole on LHD.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't get how some people are upset with this. Everyone in the main board likes the trade for the Habs saying how underrated Schlemko is.

Now I know the Habs amateur scouting is weak, but we are aware that their professional scouting is pretty good. This is another of those minor MB moves that can help drastically. It's better than playing guys like Barberio, Nesterov and Hanley.

I also remember hearing how Redmond was underrated. Even how Nesterov was underrated.

Point is we saved money. And what we need THE MOST are top players, from D to forward. That's where we need to money from. Once THAT is done, sure, you would have filled your lineup of any Schlemko's of this world, nobody would have said a thing. But then when people try to justify this as if the guy who made 6 teams in the last 4 years is a top 4?

So he is underrated because he is a fine d-man when everybody wonders who the heck he is. So he is underrated. And he is MOST DEFINATELY a better asset than Redmond, Nesterov and Hanley. But top 4? No need for Leddy we have Schlemko?

E82

Feb 3, 2015
Is Schlemko really that much better than Beaulieu? The man has played for 7 teams in less than 10 years, produces less also. I'll wait and see how MB plays with the cap before siding.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Is Schlemko really that much better than Beaulieu? The man has played for 7 teams in less than 10 years, produces less also. I'll wait and see how MB plays with the cap before siding.

I don't think the trade was made as a direct replacement for beaulieu, but from a value standpoint, obviously schlemko is lesser.

Okay, you found your depth LD guy, but you still need a top 4 quality LD, and most importantly, you still need a premier centre. I'm saying this under the premise that the habs are "going for it".

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
David Schlemko......a 30yo lunchbox journeymen featured on 6 different teams in the last 3 years, including some AHL time.

WOW BERGE!! great move keep it up, proud of you

smOdlM.gif

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
David Schlemko......a 30yo lunchbox journeymen featured on 6 different teams in the last 3 years, including some AHL time.

smOdlM.gif

thank god you are not a gm or a scout if thats how you evaluate players

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

smOdlM.gif

Shattenkirk could've fit perfectly on that third pairing, too bad Bergevin is too stupid to see this.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

Beaulieu is a much better player than Schlemko. Bergevin special as usual.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Schlemko - Benn ($3M combined)

vs

Beaulieu - Emelin (~$7M combined, assuming $2.9M contract for Beau)

Let's hope MB uses that money to get some top talent. If we can swing a legit partner for Weber, we have a strong blueline:

XXX-Weber
Markov-Petry
Schlemko-Benn
Jerebek*

*Jerebek is a complete question mark, so I'll leave him out for now.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Beaulieu seems to space out and forget he's playing hockey, even with the thrill of the playoffs and can't focus on simple tasks. I'm serious, i sincerly believe he forgot he was playing hockey at times. That makes him a very bad hockey player.

Schlemko is a good hockey player who can understand what's happening around him, there's no secret to his game, he's already reached his ceiling so maybe that's less sexy, still it's way more effective than players spacing out while they have the puck.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Be ready this might be our defense for next year.

Schlemko-Weber
Benn-Petry
Markov-Jerabek/Davidson

Except Markov, absolutely none of those defensemen qualify as "old" in hockey terms. None whatsoever.

And I'd take Markov over a ton of Ds in their prime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad