Habs about to be mathematically eliminated from playoffs.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
They need to get rid of Bergevin. They should make Kyle Dubas a godfather offer and attempt to do a similar rebuild that Toronto did: stack a ton of high end talent and throw a great coach on top of it.

Sure they might have to be terrible for a couple years while they sell off assets for draft picks, but at they'd have some type of long term plan.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Not many could have predicted this drop from last year but I think their downfall can be described in just a few lines:

-Got robbed in the Drouin/Sergachev trade. Sergachev could have helped that D corps.
-Did not sign Radulov or Markov with almost 10 million in cap space.
-Drouin has not helped. He seems lazy at times with no hockey sense at all.
-Weber not being in the lineup for most of the season. That one hurt big.
-Price playing sub-par. This guy has in the past, stolen game after game.
-MB did virtually nothing positive at the trade deadline.
-Pacioretty possibly being traded distracted this team. It was daily news since November.
-Got into some injury trouble very early. Just no flow in the lineup. No depth to replace injuries.
Feel free to add to this list if I missed something blatant.

Yes, I am a Leaf fan, but all Montreal after that. One of the nicest cities I have ever lived in.

Discuss

Marc Bergevin made his bed, now he can lie in it !

Reactions: NovaLeaf

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
A lot of people predicted that Montreal would be a mediocre-bad team, I am not sure how many people thought that they would be as bad as they are though. Their center depth has been brought up a lot during the offseason and how if Price was injured or under-performed(for Price) that they would be a very bad team. This is only a mild surprise.

hehehehe my friend, i predicted this in 2014 when i looked at their prospects and the state of their team. But instead of listening to reason i was bullied online! hab fans, this is only the beginning of your torment!

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
They need to get rid of Bergevin. They should make Kyle Dubas a godfather offer and attempt to do a similar rebuild that Toronto did: stack a ton of high end talent and throw a great coach on top of it.

Sure they might have to be terrible for a couple years while they sell off assets for draft picks, but at they'd have some type of long term plan.

I don't think the leafs will let teams talk to him. Plus Dubas is not from quebec and he doesn't speak french so that crosses him off the list! Maybe they will bring Patrick roy in lol. That will be so entertaining.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I don't think the leafs will let teams talk to him. Plus Dubas is not from quebec and he doesn't speak french so that crosses him off the list! Maybe they will bring Patrick roy in lol. That will be so entertaining.
Further more I think the Canadiens need a lot more than Dubas. They need leadership from the very top a la Shannahan. Once the whole team is on the same page for a rebuild I think they will be just fine.

Reactions: Lilou

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Edmonton is not incredibly strong at center. They have the best center in the world, without a doubt, but their center depth as a whole is weak.
McDaivd #1 C
RNH #2 C
Draisaitl #1 C
Kharia #4 C
Yes, our center depth sucks. I wish that we could acquire a legit top 6 center to play with McDavid!

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
McDaivd #1 C
RNH #2 C
Draisaitl #1 C
Kharia #4 C
Yes, our center depth sucks. I wish that we could acquire a legit top 6 center to play with McDavid!

Draisaitl's not a #1C. He's an elite 1st line winger but he gets CRUSHED in HDCF and GF when not playing with McDavid, despite still starting over 50% of his shifts in the offensive zone

Plus Draisaitl only plays center half the time. Half the time you guys had Draisaitl on the Wing which meant Nugent-Hopkins played 2C (way below par in the Pacific) and Letestu played 3C LOL

Reactions: Jtown

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
hehehehe my friend, i predicted this in 2014 when i looked at their prospects and the state of their team. But instead of listening to reason i was bullied online! hab fans, this is only the beginning of your torment!

Why do Leafs fans always have to make everything about themselves?

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Draisaitl's not a #1C. He's an elite 1st line winger but he gets CRUSHED in HDCF and GF when not playing with McDavid, despite still starting over 50% of his shifts in the offensive zone

Plus Draisaitl only plays center half the time. Half the time you guys had Draisaitl on the Wing which meant Nugent-Hopkins played 2C (way below par in the Pacific) and Letestu played 3C LOL
shhh don't tell oiler fans this.
Draisaitl has a 55% FOW% (21st in the league) and he is #25 in faceoffs won in the entire league. He ranks #26 in faceoffs taken. This also makes him better than any other center on San Jose. Also, if he's a winger, why is he in the top 30 of each faceoff stat in the league?

And his stats without McDavid are elite with him centering his own line (from a few weeks ago since don't have the time to look up right now)
2.60 pts/60 5v5 (10th among all players with >500 min TOI)
3.17 pts/60 5v5 when on ice with McDavid (340:10 TOI)
2.04 pts/60 5v5 when on ice without 97 (323:57 TOI)

Also, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is on pace for 30 goals and around 60 points with 48.49% FOW%. Dam, I wish the Oilers didn't have a guy playing on the third line on pace for 30 goals....

Do you have anything else for me to disapprove?

If you want to double check my stats, https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/stats?season=2017&category=FACEOFFS&group=1&time=0

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Draisaitl has a 55% FOW% (21st in the league) and he is #25 in faceoffs won in the entire league. He ranks #26 in faceoffs taken. This also makes him better than any other center on San Jose. Also, if he's a winger, why is in the top 30 of each faceoff stat in the league?

And his stats without McDavid are elite with him centering his own line (from a few weeks ago since don't have the time to look up right now)
2.60 pts/60 5v5 (10th among all players with >500 min TOI)
3.17 pts/60 5v5 when on ice with McDavid (340:10 TOI)
2.04 pts/60 5v5 when on ice without 97 (323:57 TOI)

Also, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is on pace for 30 goals and around 60 points with 48.49% FOW%. Dam, I wish the Oilers didn't have a guy playing on the third line on pace for 30 goals....

Do you have anything else for me to disapprove?

If you want to double check my stats, https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/stats...sort=6&time=0&pos=0&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0

LOL, faceoffs have nothing to do with whether or not somebody is a good center. McDavid is not very good at faceoffs, so Draisaitl takes the faceoffs for him when they play together. Pavelski was a winger for years who ranked near the top of the NHL in faceoffs because he was a little better than Thornton at faceoffs. Draisaitl isn't primarily a winger but when he is a winger he still takes a lot of faceoffs because McDavid sucks at them.

Nugent-Hopkins, as a 2C, is superior to exactly whom in the Pacific Division? I know you don't mean Logan Couture. Might you mean Ryan Kesler? No, not him. Oh, Jeff Carter! Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is superior to Jeff Cart...wait, that doesn't sound right. Okay, but there are other teams in the Pacific, not just those in California. There's even another team in Alberta - their 2C is Mikael Backlund. He's better than Nugent-Hopkins, though, so you can't mean him. Maybe Erik Haula? Maybe. Depends if this year is a mirage for Haula. Better than Henrik Sedin? Probably unless Sedin rebounds.

Plus, your tone is awful condescending for somebody who uses faceoff stats from fox f***ing sports as evidence in favor of their argument.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
LOL, faceoffs have nothing to do with whether or not somebody is a good center. McDavid is not very good at faceoffs, so Draisaitl takes the faceoffs for him when they play together. Pavelski was a winger for years who ranked near the top of the NHL in faceoffs because he was a little better than Thornton at faceoffs. Draisaitl isn't primarily a winger but when he is a winger he still takes a lot of faceoffs because McDavid sucks at them.

Nugent-Hopkins, as a 2C, is superior to exactly whom in the Pacific Division? I know you don't mean Logan Couture. Might you mean Ryan Kesler? No, not him. Oh, Jeff Carter! Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is superior to Jeff Cart...wait, that doesn't sound right. Okay, but there are other teams in the Pacific, not just those in California. There's even another team in Alberta - their 2C is Mikael Backlund. He's better than Nugent-Hopkins, though, so you can't mean him. Maybe Erik Haula? Maybe. Depends if this year is a mirage for Haula. Better than Henrik Sedin? Probably unless Sedin rebounds.

Plus, your tone is awful condescending for somebody who uses faceoff stats from fox ****ing sports as evidence in favor of their argument.
Well, you sound like a random hobo from the streets screaming about government conspiracy theories. In all of your posts, you never provided evidence for your opinion.

Even if you don't view Draisaitl as a #1 c, he is still a #2 C. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is definitely better than Mikael Backlund, Henrik Sedin, and maybe Erik Haula. And the funny thing is, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is the Oilers third best center being compared to other teams's 2nd line centers. And the Oilers still have Ryan Strome as a decent option for third line center.

San Jose is horrible down the middle. If you think Edmonton is bad, I wonder how you feel about your team's center depth.

Also, you just admitted that Draisaitl isn't a winger by saying, "Draisaitl isn't primarily a winger"

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Well, you sound like a random hobo from the streets screaming about government conspiracy theories. In all of your posts, you never provided evidence for your opinion.

Even if you don't view Draisaitl as a #1 c, he is still a #2 C. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is definitely better than Mikael Backlund, Henrik Sedin, and maybe Erik Haula. And the funny thing is, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is the Oilers third best center being compared to other teams's 2nd line centers. And the Oilers still have Ryan Strome as a decent option for third line center.

San Jose is horrible down the middle. If you think Edmonton is bad, I wonder how you feel about your team's center depth.

Also, you just admitted that Draisaitl isn't a winger by saying, "Draisaitl isn't primarily a winger"

Where exactly is your evidence of the WOWY P/60 stats? I couldn't find those anywhere.

He's neither primarily a winger nor primarily a center. His time is about split down the middle with McDavid to the degree where you can't really say he is primarily at either position and that's of course assuming that every single second he spends away from McDavid is at center which is obviously not true. And as a center, he's not a #1C at all. He's best suited as a winger.

You call Ryan Strome a "decent option for third line center" and then you say San Jose is horrible down the middle. You do realize that San Jose's 3C, Chris Tierney, has more goals and more points than Strome, and also just so happens to be the short handed TOI leader amongst forwards on the team with the NHL's best PK? I feel good enough about my team's center depth considering we're 14-9-2 in the 25 games we've played after our HOF generational playmaker went down with an injury.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Where exactly is your evidence of the WOWY P/60 stats? I couldn't find those anywhere.

He's neither primarily a winger nor primarily a center. His time is about split down the middle with McDavid to the degree where you can't really say he is primarily at either position and that's of course assuming that every single second he spends away from McDavid is at center which is obviously not true. And as a center, he's not a #1C at all. He's best suited as a winger.

You call Ryan Strome a "decent option for third line center" and then you say San Jose is horrible down the middle. You do realize that San Jose's 3C, Chris Tierney, has more goals and more points than Strome, and also just so happens to be the short handed TOI leader amongst forwards on the team with the NHL's best PK? I feel good enough about my team's center depth considering we're 14-9-2 in the 25 games we've played after our HOF generational playmaker went down with an injury.
If you actually read my post, I said that the top 3 centers on the Oilers are McDavid, Draisaitl, then Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. After this, I added how Ryan Strome is a decent option for 3rd line center if none of these players are playing. If the Oilers had a good coach, then we would be running McDavid, Draisaitl, then Ryan Nugent-Hopkins as the top 3 centers.

I also wonder how Draisaitl scored 4 points so far (2nd period) centering his own line today while playing with Aberg and Caggiula . It must be Chris Tierney centering that 2nd line :sarcasm:

Disturbed1

Dale ****ing Weise
Dec 31, 2010
Canada
I love how fans of rival and wannabe rival teams of Montreal get in here with their little digs, so cute. Habs fans are harder on their team than anyone, take a look at our board if you need proof :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad