Post-Game Talk: Habs 4 Oilers 3

Gordievsky

Jan 18, 2019
We got 2/4 points, the sky isn't falling people
Depends on your point of view. To me the sky is falling because they are still inept but getting loser points. The worst case scenario here involves them finishing 1-5 points out of a playoff spot, and that's where they're headed.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
We Suck Again.gif

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I've begun to realize we're fighting a losing battle. People will always find the smallest excuse to poop on him. All it takes is for him to get a penalty, take a hit, lose the puck, or botch one play and they come out of the woodwork regardless of how many points he gets. It is what it is. Sigh.

Ya
Put it this way. He f**ked up ONE play in OT. Fine.

By they never would have gotten there (or 1 point) without him.

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilhawks

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Sorry, your post just set me off, not in isolation, but it was due to how many negative comments three were on Drai yet again today. Its insufferable here. Just seems odd of all the excellent plays he makes in a game, and even the Canadiens fans were appreciating it, that he gets so much criticism. On the play in question Drai got caught flat footed and was frankly tired by then. So he really worked to make it a 2 on 1 but didn't have gas. The line had also played a lot, again, this was 2nd game in a row, and he didn't have it on that play.

Drai had a hell of a game. First star worthy.

Dosent mean he lost the game for us but he wasnt just flat footed, working to make it a 2 on 1, it was a downright mistake not headmanning the puck.

He still had a great game worthy of the accolades but that play was aweful!

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
So what? Oilers are playing meaningful games 3 weeks away from the trade deadline. They didn't lose ground over the weekend. They're starting to get more production from players not named McDavid, Draisaitl or Nugent-Hopkins. Klefbom is nearing a return, and Sekera's knee is finally healed. Despite the poor results, there's still a lot to be hopeful for and excited about. Whether the team succeeds or fails in their attempt is up to them. All I can do as a fan is hope for the best and cheer them on.

Very true.

As crappy as yet another season is, this is all I ask for - to be competitive and still in the hunt at this time of year.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Just finished watching the game. Should have been a win.
Koskinen flubbed getting the puck at the side of the net on Montreals 3rd goal...put himself out of position and that was the game right there.
Koskinen has to save that 3rd goal...period.

Last edited:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
IMO Puljujarvi had a good game today yet he never gets a sniff 3 on 3.

What constitutes a good game?

He had one noticeable moment. When he flubbed a weak wrister from the half boards that almost handcuffed Price.

He's the exact same player he has been all year. The exact same player he was last year and the exact same player he was as a rookie.

He's a bust. There is absolutely nothing there with him as an NHLer.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
As bad as the Oilers are...at least they're not NFL bad.
Holy cannoli NFL sucks b@lls.
What a sh!t product.

Based on what, the first shitty Super Bowl in a while? We were due for a shit game eventually, especially this matchup.

I’ll take last year’s Super Bowl over any Oilers game I’ve watched in the last 10 years.

Now if you wanna talk half time shows, I’m fine with flushing any and all of those in the sewer

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
After Nurse, who the hell do people want on the ice in OT other than Russel lol?

Russel has been infinitely better than Larsson all year and is a much better skater.
you dont have to play a d man in ot.. its 3 on 3 pond hockey.. oh ya oilers forwards also suck after nuge drai and mcdaddy.. nm :D

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I'm starting to feel the Oilers should just tank and try and get a good draft pick. I don't think they can make the playoffs, they might as well try and get something decent in the draft. :(

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
What constitutes a good game?

He had one noticeable moment. When he flubbed a weak wrister from the half boards that almost handcuffed Price.

He's the exact same player he has been all year. The exact same player he was last year and the exact same player he was as a rookie.

He's a bust. There is absolutely nothing there with him as an NHLer.

Remember that cross-ice pass to Rattie?

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
I'm starting to feel the Oilers should just tank and try and get a good draft pick. I don't think they can make the playoffs, they might as well try and get something decent in the draft. :(

This is the exact opposite mentality both the team and the fans should have

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I do hate tanking but what else can be done. It's been rumoured that the Oilers are shopping Jesse Puljujarvi and their first round pick. If they can get a decent winger or d-man I am for that deal but if there is nothing decent building through the draft is our only hope. I just feel depressed and deflated with all the losing.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Maybe Chiarelli will join some other team, and wants his three 3rd pairing D-men back from the Oilers in exchange for a #2 Dman :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad