Post-Game Talk: Habs 4 Oilers 3

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The midseason moves of shipping out better players for worse players has definitely worked out exactly as Chia had planned. I'm willing to bet he saw the writing on the wall and was like "**** it, if I'm going down, they are too."

Never have I seen such intentional sabotage to try and get oneself fired. He clearly didn't want to be here anymore but he didn't want to resign and lose his money.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
(nerd talk)

I meant that in the Matrix universe, the Earth has no sky left because the humans scorched it an effort to kill off the machines.
(/nerd talk)

Ok who else loves girls am I right??

Like how Chia scorched the team in an effort to get himself fired?

Reactions: Senor Catface

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Never have I seen such intentional sabotage to try and get oneself fired. He clearly didn't want to be here anymore but he didn't want to resign and lose his money.
And the gaggle above him couldn't even figure it out, or maybe they did on the very last trade.

Reactions: Cloned

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Classic Koskinen game. He has to be one of the least mobile goalies of the modern era. It’s hard to win a game when you’ve got a goalie who can’t even challenge a shooter. We played well today, and REALLY didn’t deserve the loss

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Like some fans were blessed to watch the Oilers in the Gretzky days, I'm honored to watch the Oilers in the Russell days. My grandkids wont believe me when I tell stories of Russell's ineptitude. His lieing down, snowman routine (which has costed us back to back games) is something to behold. Its the worst defensive play in recent mind.

Reactions: Luckylarry

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
If you would have told me the day before yesterday that we were coming in to play back-to-back afternoon road games after a 10 day break and get away with two points I would have been a bit sceptic (although I predicted two wins in the GDT, trying to keep my optimism up).

Not a bad weekend all things considered imo. Very disappointing because of how it went down of course, but still. I don't see the stink on this team as everyone else does right now.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Tough to point fingers on this team. They don't have the skill, depth or want, to make a difference on a regular basis. Someone is always gonna wear the goat horns because they aren't good enough to be in the position they're forced in to. Someone told Hitchcock not to scramble lines over the break, and the result of that is Lucic on late with McDavid instead of Draisatl.

The sooner they realize they're a lottery team and not a playoff team, the better. We need to sell at the deadline.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Like some fans were blessed to watch the Oilers in the Gretzky days, I'm honored to watch the Oilers in the Russell days. My grandkids wont believe me when I tell stories of Russell's ineptitude. His lieing down, snowman routine (which has costed us back to back games) is something to behold. Its the worst defensive play in recent mind.

I’m sure you’ll also have plenty of tales of uselessness when you tell your grandkids the tale of our goaltender of the now and future.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Nuge

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
IMO Puljujarvi had a good game today yet he never gets a sniff 3 on 3.

I feel like he would do well with the open space. He looked good today for sure.

He had a great game, but also made a dumb play in OT. Nobody saying he lost us the game, but he definitely could have sent McDavid in alone, but didn't for some reason.

Obviously he's going to get the criticism because criticizing the group that got scored on is like picking on a blind toddler.

It wasn't a dumb play, it was a missed opportunity. But really, 2 goals plus almost had that 3rd one from behind the net. He created a ton of other opportunities today. 100% doesn't deserve any criticism.

Dohilers

Dec 18, 2011
BC
There is also like...8 teams fighting for the same spot within the same amount of points.
So what? Oilers are playing meaningful games 3 weeks away from the trade deadline. They didn't lose ground over the weekend. They're starting to get more production from players not named McDavid, Draisaitl or Nugent-Hopkins. Klefbom is nearing a return, and Sekera's knee is finally healed. Despite the poor results, there's still a lot to be hopeful for and excited about. Whether the team succeeds or fails in their attempt is up to them. All I can do as a fan is hope for the best and cheer them on.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
So what? Oilers are playing meaningful games 3 weeks away from the trade deadline. They didn't lose ground over the weekend. They're starting to get more production from players not named McDavid, Draisaitl or Nugent-Hopkins. Klefbom is nearing a return, and Sekera's knee is finally healed. Despite the poor results, there's still a lot to be hopeful for and excited about. Whether the team succeeds or fails in their attempt is up to them. All I can do as a fan is hope for the best and cheer them on.

They didn't gain any ground either as they were in a prime position to be one point back of Vancouver and two points out of occupying WC2 instead of 4 points back of being in WC2 (Van has the tie break on R/O wins). That's the frustrating thing, for me anyways.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Do you really think that yet another search will yield better results? I didn't say anything about MacT or Howson. What do those 2 guys do all day?
I

Don’t want to burst your blue and orange bubble, but they did lose some ground this weekend. Burned an extra game.

As to the assertion that other guys are scoring, who got our goals today? Same old.

And if we are to believe some of the rumors out there, Sekera may not be coming along as quickly as everyone has hoped and may never be close to bring what he was.

But yes, it is nice to not have the season end for all intents and purposes by Remembrance Day for once.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
We are down a couple of forwards since TM

Strome was an even player and Drake could skate and was contributing.

Crazy how our already abysmal offence actually got worse as the season progressed :laugh: I genuinely didnt think it was possible

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
IMO Puljujarvi had a good game today yet he never gets a sniff 3 on 3.

He’s just not generating offense though. He’s looking decent and generally playing a decent 200 ft game, but he’s about as low in scoring as you can get. Brodziak is the only regular he’s ahead of. At some point he’s gotta start converting if he wants those minutes.

Didn't he go end to end, then have a 200 foot back check?

Ya he was clearly gassed

Crazy how our already abysmal offence actually got worse as the season progressed :laugh: I genuinely didnt think it was possible

Ya I was hoping that Strome/Spooner might help because he has better numbers on paper, but my god did every trade this year hurt us offensively

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
When you’re below the playoff cut you need to gain ground. Not “losing ground” isn’t getting you anywhere.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad