Speculation: Habs 2019-2020 - RFA/UFA Thread

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Lynch coming back.

So now the center position is composed of: Poehling, Vejdemo, Hillis, Vigneault, and Lynch.

That is not counting Evans and Kotkaniemi, who I think will be with the Habs.

Reactions: Gravity and Treb

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Happy this guy is back. It does add a lot of depth at the center position in Laval.

Excluding Kotkaniemi and Evans, who I think will be with Habs to start next season. The centers in Laval would include Poehling, Vejdemo, Hillis, Vigneault, and Lynch. As well as a bunch of other centers who play at wing like Verbeek, Hawel, Dauphin, and Khisamutdinov.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Lynch is a good fall back in case Dauphin makes the NHL or Vejdemo stays in Sweden though I can't see that happening now that so many players in the past few days have been loaned to Euro teams. But we badly need offense so hopefully they figure that out

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Montreal Canadiens - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

shows we have about 13.5M in cap space if,

Evans is on the team and makes around 750K as that replaces Lindgren's money (don't see why the even list him, they aren't keeping 3 goalies on the roster)

Alzner gets bought out, if he's in Laval then we have closer to 14M

If Evans makes the team at around 750K and Alzner gets bought out then we would have 11F, 5D, 2 G

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Montreal Canadiens - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

shows we have about 13.5M in cap space if,

Evans is on the team and makes around 750K as that replaces Lindgren's money (don't see why the even list him, they aren't keeping 3 goalies on the roster)

Alzner gets bought out, if he's in Laval then we have closer to 14M

If Evans makes the team at around 750K and Alzner gets bought out then we would have 11F, 5D, 2 G

Not that it matters much, but Evans will be higher than 750k since his QO is 874,125$.

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
Not that it matters much, but Evans will be higher than 750k since his QO is 874,125$.
Yeah, but that's a two-way QO. Guys in his position would most likely take a lesser offer on a one-way deal if one is offered.

Reactions: montreal

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Nice! I had him at 2 years at $800k. I think Juulsen gets something similar. Mete might get close to $1M.

Love that 2 year term. That was important if he has a good year next year playing 4C. If we signed him for 1 year, it would of added to our cap issues.

I can't see Mete getting similar money to Evans and Juulsen given that he's played significant parts of 3 seasons now in the NHL. I think he'll be closer to 2 million than 1 million. 1.75 to 2.25 is my guess there.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I can't see Mete getting similar money to Evans and Juulsen given that he's played significant parts of 3 seasons now in the NHL. I think he'll be closer to 2 million than 1 million. 1.75 to 2.25 is my guess there.

Nah... Mete won't get more than what Beaulieu got after his ELC. It's going to be around $1M - $1.5M range. Remember, going from a 2 way contract to a 1 way contract is a big deal. Mete don't have much leverage and he is not a full time NHL'er. Maybe he tries to force a 1 year deal. Who cares. He's not part of our future plans.

Trade Mete to the Panthers to replace the depth if they move Matheson. Avs 3rd in 2020 and 3rd in 2022.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'm wondering which RFA players among the following six do folks here think will get a Qualifying Offer (or contract directly)?

Andrew Sturtz
Jake Lucchini
Joseph Blandisi
Antoine Waked
Aaron Luchuk
Michael McNiven
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm wondering which RFA players among the following six do folks here think will get a Qualifying Offer (or contract directly)?

Andrew Sturtz
Jake Lucchini
Joseph Blandisi
Antoine Waked
Aaron Luchuk
Michael McNiven
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Blandisi has the most talent/track record in the league, although Lucchini did do pretty good in an energy role. McNiven I'd like to keep for another year for sure, provided we can find a team for him since the new ECHL affiliate wont be ready in time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad