Blue Jays Discussion: Guys are getting hurt, but Grichuk is mashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
One of my best friends was homeless for a year or so after struggling with drugs (he's better now). I can't understand how anyone could seriously be upset about that shirt. They weren't insulting the homeless as far as I can tell, I don't get people sometimes.

Some people seek out things to be offended by or something.

Not that I love that shirt or anything, the whole thing is just silly. If you care about the homeless, go volunteer at a shelter or raise the issue with your politicians, don't complain about an innocuous t shirt.

Its 2020, people look to get offended

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
One of my best friends was homeless for a year or so after struggling with drugs (he's better now). I can't understand how anyone could seriously be upset about that shirt. They weren't insulting the homeless as far as I can tell, I don't get people sometimes.

Some people seek out things to be offended by or something.

Not that I love that shirt or anything, the whole thing is just silly. If you care about the homeless, go volunteer at a shelter or raise the issue with your politicians, don't complain about an innocuous t shirt.

I agree, but we live in a different world now.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Tellez is walking more than last year and his k rate is only 13.6%.

Bats are really coming around. Gurriel seems to be hitting better and Vladdy is improving. The catchers have been disappointing throwing runners out. I thought Jansen would hit better.

With a better manager this team's record would be better.

Starting pitching is the only issue. The bullpen has been fantastic. Even Yamaguchi has looked better.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Tellez is walking more than last year and his k rate is only 13.6%.

Bats are really coming around. Gurriel seems to be hitting better and Vladdy is improving. The catchers have been disappointing throwing runners out. I thought Jansen would hit better.

With a better manager this team's record would be better.

Starting pitching is the only issue. The bullpen has been fantastic. Even Yamaguchi has looked better.

You cant even blame Jansen for the way he's hitting. He's getting BABIP'd for the second year in a row.

More than doubled his walk rate, striking out the same, almost halved his GB% and 14% more line drives (which should have helped his BABIP). He's hitting the ball softer, but it shouldnt be this bad- dude has just been unlucky.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Just checked the boxscore - did we really pull 6 runs out in the bottom of the last inning to take both games?! Wtf?!

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I watched the first game but couldn’t watch the second. Saw the first inning score at the restaurant I was at. Saw it was 7 2 when I left. Did not expect this lol

Reactions: dubplatepressure

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
You cant even blame Jansen for the way he's hitting. He's getting BABIP'd for the second year in a row.

More than doubled his walk rate, striking out the same, almost halved his GB% and 14% more line drives (which should have helped his BABIP). He's hitting the ball softer, but it shouldnt be this bad- dude has just been unlucky.

And now for your regular reminder that Danny Jansen is gonna be a star.

Also, this is a pretty good team.

Reactions: Morgs

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Pretty obvious to me bud.
I’m with you. I don’t see him becoming a star. Hell I don’t even see him being above average. I’ve said it before but some guys have skills but no brains. He’s probably the dullest tool in the woodshed there’s no doubting that. Add to that his diet and work ethic and inability to adapt and people are going to wonder how he was ever rated as a top prospect. But I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I’m with you. I don’t see him becoming a star. Hell I don’t even see him being above average. I’ve said it before but some guys have skills but no brains. He’s probably the dullest tool in the woodshed there’s no doubting that. Add to that his diet and work ethic and inability to adapt and people are going to wonder how he was ever rated as a top prospect. But I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong.

Now that's a take. Wow.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I'm surprised we are winning games. The bullpen was terrible early and the reason I heard was it's Vlad's fault. How can we have a 5 game streak with him on the team?

Reactions: phillipmike

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm surprised we are winning games. The bullpen was terrible early and the reason I heard was it's Vlad's fault. How can we have a 5 game streak with him on the team?

Montoyo has been the main reason for this winning streak with his elite managerial skills.

Reactions: kb and Morgs

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Biggio with an eye popping .370 OBP. This guy is just fun to watch. While lots of other guys get the attention this guy just quietly Performs. This offence has been great lately. We could have 9 guys that could have an OBP % over .320 and 8 out of 9 have potential to hit over 20 home runs (in a full year) We could be one of the better OPS hitting teams in baseball when everybody figures it out.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Right in the Reese McGuires.

I am a middle school teacher and one of the courses I teach is PE. In the softball unit I almost always pitch and use a typically softball instead of the 'softer' softball. An older teacher warned me but I didn't listen. It's also to protect students who don't typically play baseball. Anyways a student really connected with the ball, I jumped for some reason and it hit me square in the nuts. I wasn't wearing a jockstrap either. One of the more painful experiences I've had. Needless to say I use the softer softball now.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I am a middle school teacher and one of the courses I teach is PE. In the softball unit I almost always pitch and use a typically softball instead of the 'softer' softball. An older teacher warned me but I didn't listen. It's also to protect students who don't typically play baseball. Anyways a student really connected with the ball, I jumped for some reason and it hit me square in the nuts. I wasn't wearing a jockstrap either. One of the more painful experiences I've had. Needless to say I use the softer softball now.

You probably also have a softer softball now. ;)

Reactions: canucksfan

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Buck had a flipper and all of the sudden we have a 5 game win streak.

Todays twin killing was quite something as we were on the ropes in game 1 and got a crucial DP when it looked like Anderson was going to be lifted. Biggio's hit was so big.

The 2nd was more stunning and we can be thankful the Phillies have a really poor pen and that pen was not helped by the defense. Now for the poison Rays...Man we seem to have a hard time with this team. Cash always seems to have the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad