Recalled/Assigned: Gustav Nyquist

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
That looks pretty good but TBH I'd be good with anything that includes Nyquist and excludes Sammy :laugh:

If the Gus-Fil-Mule line is good tonight it might be here to stay.
Unless Goose skates to center ice and takes a dump on the Winged Wheel mid-game, it should be an improvement over the 2nd line the first two games.

Actual Thought*

Wait a minute! I thought Gus was never going to get a chance because Holland is an idiot and Babs hates youth? What's going on here? Next thing you know Tatar is going to get a shot! This is crazy...:sarcasm:

bert2z

Dank budz and death metal.
Jan 22, 2013
Michigan
I don't know what's better, Gus getting a shot or not having to watch Sammy play.
I'd like to see top six of..
Nyquist-Dats-mule
Filp-Z-brunner

Z and Brunner did well in Europe and flip really flourished playing on Z's wing last season. Hopefully nyqusit has a great game and earns a full time spot.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Maybe they should try Eaves to give some easier minutes for him. I just want a new 2nd line build around Datsyuk.

Franzen - Zeta - Brunner
Nyquist - Dats - Eaves?

Filppula to 3rd line center until Helm is back.

I suggested Eaves on Dats' wing a couple seasons ago (the last time he was healthy). So I'd be in favor of this:

Miller-Z-Brunner
Cleary-Dats-Eaves
Nyquist-Flip-Franzen
Abdelkader-Emmerton-Tootoo

Once Sammy, Bert, and Helm come back move to something like this:

Brunner-Z-Sammy
Bert-Dats-Eaves
Nyquist-Flip-Franzen
Abby-Helm-Tootoo

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
:handclap:

But man oh man are we ravaged by injuries right now. At least it's no one important other than Ericsson (can't believe I'm actually saying Ericsson is important. :laugh:)

Coco actually wasn't that bad though but the injury was inevitable.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Hopefully, we never see Sammy play another shift wearing the Winged Wheel.

The goose is loose.

I'm all for Sammy playing more. Assuming the NFF line works, he'll be across from Brunner on Z's Wing, or on Dats' wing (across from Bertuzzi or Cleary most likely).

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Good news! The top line looked good last night, hopefully this gets the second line going strong.

Yeah, I think Babcock will ride the DZB line for a while, just to give it time to work. I don't care if they end up splitting D and Z eventually, but think that Nose is probably tied to Z b/c of the chemistry those 2 have.

I'd love to see Gus have a strong few games while in the lineup to make the decision to send him back down tougher. He seems more inclined to pull the trigger than Pavel or Flip were during their first year or two, so I hope he'll be aggressive with shots.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
I'd like to see

Flip-Dats-Gus
Franzen-Z-Brunner

But whatever, so long as Babcock doesn't bury him in the bottom six this is good news.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yeah, I think Babcock will ride the DZB line for a while, just to give it time to work. I don't care if they end up splitting D and Z eventually, but think that Nose is probably tied to Z b/c of the chemistry those 2 have.

I'd love to see Gus have a strong few games while in the lineup to make the decision to send him back down tougher. He seems more inclined to pull the trigger than Pavel or Flip were during their first year or two, so I hope he'll be aggressive with shots.

Definitely. The top line started off very well last night. If we can get the second line to start generating some consistent pressure in the offensive zone we'll definitely be on to something. I'm just going to enjoy having Gus in the lineup and hope for the best.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
This team really needs to get rid of Samuelsson, Cleary, and Bertuzzi to move forward, I feel.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yes!! Nyquist will show that he belongs w the Wings

O, Yes he can! Nyquist to stay, Sammy to third line..Helm comes back, bye Miller...Good to go :)

Based on last year, and the two games this year...

I'd rather dump Cleary and keep Miller. Cleary, so brutal.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
here's hoping he has a good game

I get the feeling he's gonna play one game tonight,not do very well,Samuelsson comes back and we don't see him again for another month or two

Animus

Mar 10, 2011
Bowie, Maryland
I'd like to see

Flip-Dats-Gus
Franzen-Z-Brunner

But whatever, so long as Babcock doesn't bury him in the bottom six this is good news.

I actually like this a lot. Though Flip did have good chemisty with Z last year. Would like to see more time given to Tootoo as well. For the people wanting Franzen on the third line, that won't happen unless he just totally craps the bed. Cleary and Emmerton I can do without so far

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Sammy might be hurt, or they realized if they went down 2 or 3 tonight that Nyquist name would be chanted in the arena. :laugh:

Excited to see him up, he has had some decent looking chemistry with Franzen a couple times he has been put on a line with him in the past.

And for those pointing out the second line needs to bring more, they were on ice for the two opening goals and Franzen was on ice for all three of our goals. They seriously haven't been far off what the first line is bringing, but we actually like to pick on two of the three players on the second line. The whole team can still play a lot better, we need the big guns to play a lot closer to how they did in the last ten minutes of the third when they were scared about the 0-2 start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad