Recalled/Assigned: Gustav Nyquist

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
The thing is, if you have to choose between Tatar and Nyquist (which it seems like they are doing), Nyquist is clearly better and more valuable. So there just isn't any room for a player like Tatar ATM.

RedWingsNow*

The problem is Tatar deserved more than 18 games. He was a spark plug out there and deserved a regular slot in the lineup before the playoffs.

And I don't buy that he would have had a shot in the playoffs. I think once he went down, he was staying down, regardless of production.

The only way he was getting called up was if Nyquist absolutely sucked or we had more injuries (on top of Helm/Bert/Sammy)

And as these guys were all skating, it's not hard to do the math.

I also think there's a strong likelihood that the Wings won't have room for him to start next season.

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
One thing I REALLY like about Nyquist is that he hustles. Anytime he's on the ice he skates HARD, and he creates opportunities for his line mates each shift.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
every game I watch I pretend Nyquist is my avatar on ice because he does exactly same thing I'd do if I were in that exact situation.

Not implying I'm as good/smart as him. Not even remotely in any slightest sense. It's just that he's a player I just understand why makes such decisions on ice. I'm sure alot of you have a player or two you just understand why he does stuffs on ice.

btw no homo.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
He is going to way better than Jiri Hudler. Way way better.

It's sad that Brendan Saad is a Calder nominee and Nyquist isn't and its all because he has to rot in the AHL and not play a full season.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
In the highlights I saw how he finished his check on ducks defensman. Does he do that on constant basis?

He doesnt finish like that all the time. Most of the time hes getting roughed up a bit but still fights through and uses his quickness.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
He doesnt finish like that all the time. Most of the time hes getting roughed up a bit but still fights through and uses his quickness.

I wouldn't say "most of the time" at all. It happens, sure, but most of the time he's quick and slippery enough to avoid it.

I noticed him finishing checks too though. Perhaps he has realized that's the only way he's going to take Abby's spot on the first line. :sarcasm:

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad