Recalled/Assigned: Gustav Nyquist

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Ansar Khan
@AnsarKhanMLive

Nyquist recalled from GR, playing with Fil and Franzen tonight. Samuelsson (groin) out

sweet

now just before puck drops against dallas, offer sheet benn and bam we're all set up front for years

the backend though will remain ugly

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
If things are working between Gus-Fil-Mule, they should just split D and Z. And our top 6 will finally be set.

Iowa Wingsfan

Jan 9, 2012
Great news, hopefully he earns a full time spot in the top 6. If he looks great there is no way Holland sends him back down. :sarcasm:

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
It's on now.

So what does this mean for the lineup if he's with Flip & Franzen?

Dats-Z-Brunner
Nyquist-Flip-Franzen
Cleary-Abdelkader-Eaves
Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
It's on now.

Dats-Z-Brunner
Nyquist-Flip-Franzen
Cleary-Abdelkader-Samuelsson
Tootoo/Miller-Emmerton-Miller/Eaves

Unless they split DZB and Emmerton sits.

Miller-Z-Brunner
Cleary-Dats-Samuelsson
Nyquist-Flip-Franzen
Tootoo-Abdelkader-Eaves

Sammys out with a groin injury that's why Gus was recalled

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
Sweden
It's on now.

Dats-Z-Brunner
Nyquist-Flip-Franzen
Cleary-Abdelkader-Samuelsson
Tootoo/Miller-Emmerton-Miller/Eaves

Unless they split DZB and Emmerton sits.

Miller-Z-Brunner
Cleary-Dats-Samuelsson
Nyquist-Flip-Franzen
Tootoo-Abdelkader-Eaves

Why Z as Center? ... I don't get it, Dats is the best right?

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Would rather see

Flip-Dats-Nyquist
Mule-Z-Brunner

Every one proposes that top line for Pav but I think he'd he'd like it very much, he'd be flanked by 2 pass first players while our 3 top shooters are on the 2nd line.
Sure Fil and Gus are starting to shoot more now but they are far from trigger happy like Brunner, Mule, and Hank

If Z and D get split up maybe they should try Pav and Brunner with Filp, and Mule-Z-Gus on the 2nd line. I know Brunner and Z had good chemistry in Europe but who's to say he won't build even better chemistry with Pav. His right handedness and shoot first mentality seems a match made in heaven with Pav's elite play making. And IMO Mule was never at his best next to Pav, He and Z work better, and putting Nyquist on that line would allow him to be mentored by our Captain.
Either way it should be interesting to watch tonight, Mule-Fil-Gus seems like a legit 2nd line.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Every one proposes that top line for Pav but I think he'd he'd like it very much, he'd be flanked by 2 pass first players while our 3 top shooters are on the 2nd line.
Sure Fil and Gus are starting to shoot more now but they are far from trigger happy like Brunner, Mule, and Hank

If Z and D get split up maybe they should try Pav and Brunner with Filp, and Mule-Z-Gus on the 2nd line. I know Brunner and Z had good chemistry in Europe but who's to say he won't build even better chemistry with Pav. His right handedness and shoot first mentality seems a match made in heaven with Pav's elite play making. And IMO Mule was never at his best next to Pav, He and Z work better, and putting Nyquist on that line would allow him to be mentored by our Captain.
Either way it should be interesting to watch tonight, Mule-Fil-Gus seems like a legit 2nd line.
Gus has good chemistry with Datsyuk. (Who wouldn't?)

but I think it should be Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen and then Fil-Zetterberg-Brunner.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I agree. But some RH shot is going to find it's way through to the 1st line, I'm afraid. That would be Sammy.

Maybe they should try Eaves to give some easier minutes for him. I just want a new 2nd line build around Datsyuk.

Franzen - Zeta - Brunner
Nyquist - Dats - Eaves?

Filppula to 3rd line center until Helm is back.

Stuck in Socal

Dec 31, 2009
Yes!! Nyquist will show that he belongs w the Wings

O, Yes he can! Nyquist to stay, Sammy to third line..Helm comes back, bye Miller...Good to go :)

Miller is a much more effective depth player when compared to Sammy. If you haven't noticed we are going to need to grind our way to wins now. We don't have the luxury of a great defense anymore bailing out floaters like Sammy.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Gus has good chemistry with Datsyuk. (Who wouldn't?)

but I think it should be Nyquist-Datsyuk-Franzen and then Fil-Zetterberg-Brunner.

That looks pretty good but TBH I'd be good with anything that includes Nyquist and excludes Sammy :laugh:

If the Gus-Fil-Mule line is good tonight it might be here to stay, it looks like Babs is reluctant to split up the DBZ line so if Nyquist produces he might not have to. Which is good I think because they need to give Pav every reason to re-sign here next summer, playing with the 2nd best forward on the team and a young right handed shooter could be pretty appealing since all indications are that Brunner might be the real deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad