Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
tears-of-joy.gif

Pretty much sums it up

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Hey, hey, we may even be able to clear the puck out of our defensive zone, somewhere OTHER than the opposition stick 10 feet out from the front of our net.

Varly will miss you Nate !

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
He hasn't been sent down. I think even Roy said he wont be?

We'll see what happens when EJ comes off of IR...since it was retroactive to January 4th, he could come off as soon as tomorrow if they Avs want to re-assign Guenin and he's ready to go.

That being said, Roy did say something about Guenin "staying with the club", but they also didn't do anything with Gormley for 4 games after he was waived. So I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
EJ and Stuart are both on IR, one of the two will be back within the next 30 days. When they're back, Guenin will likely be sent to the AHL.

He's a bad player, I'm glad he's replaced with Bigras/Zadorov, but I don't hate him like other people do. Glad the change was made though.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I think roy wants to dump a defenceman. He was shocked that they didn't claim gormley so he feels like someone for sure will claim guinin. When no one claims him he will realize how delusional he was thinking that guinin was a legit nhl defencemen. Just my theory.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I think roy wants to dump a defenceman. He was shocked that they didn't claim gormley so he feels like someone for sure will claim guinin. When no one claims him he will realize how delusional he was thinking that guinin was a legit nhl defencemen. Just my theory.

If he thinks anyone will claim Guenin he should be locked up for insanity. With all due respect, I am pretty sure that is not what he is thinking.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

I don't think he was shocked, it was part of the plan the whole time. They were probably fine if Gormley was claimed but I don't think they were banking on it. Its still part of the whole what are they doing with the 50 contracts situation. I don't think their sole solution to that is waive guys and pray because nobody can ever count on that and they haven't even put out the more "attractive" options. Maybe it has to do with assigning guys when they feel like it/need to. I don't think it is necessarily Guenin is the one that goes when EJ is back either.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
If he thinks anyone will claim Guenin he should be locked up for insanity. With all due respect, I am pretty sure that is not what he is thinking.

He started guinin in the opening lineup to start the season.Played him almost every game for 2 and a half years. If he believed that guinin wasn't an nhl defencemen he would've replace him at some point in the 2 and a half years.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
He started guinin in the opening lineup to start the season.Played him almost every game for 2 and a half years. If he believed that guinin wasn't an nhl defencemen he would've replace him at some point in the 2 and a half years.

I just think he has been a cheap placeholder recently.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
I like to imagine this all happened like that scene in Office Space, with Joe calling Guenin to his office.

Joe Sakic: "What you do on the Avalanche, is you watch the opposing team enter the our defensive zone and you point to them for your teammates to cover them and cluelessly screen our goalie."
Nate Guenin: "Yes, yes that's right."
JS: "Well Nate I just have to ask, why couldn't your teammates just take a man in the d-zone themselves?"
NG: "Well, I'll uhh, I'll tell you why! Because my teammates are not good at finding who they should be covering."
JS: "So, you physically defend against the opposing team yourself?"
NG: "Well, no... my defensive partner does that, or the forwards on the ice at the time."
JS: "So, then you must physically block some shots on goal?"
NG: "Well, no... I MEAN... sometimes!"
JS: "What would you say... you do here?"
NG: "Well look, I already told you! I deal with the opposing team so the goalie doesn't have to! I HAVE DEFENSIVE SKILLS! I AM GOOD AT PLAYING DEFENSE! Can't you understand that?! What the hell is wrong with you people?!"

Funny stuff :laugh:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I like to imagine this all happened like that scene in Office Space, with Joe calling Guenin to his office.

Joe Sakic: "What you do on the Avalanche, is you watch the opposing team enter the our defensive zone and you point to them for your teammates to cover them and cluelessly screen our goalie."
Nate Guenin: "Yes, yes that's right."
JS: "Well Nate I just have to ask, why couldn't your teammates just take a man in the d-zone themselves?"
NG: "Well, I'll uhh, I'll tell you why! Because my teammates are not good at finding who they should be covering."
JS: "So, you physically defend against the opposing team yourself?"
NG: "Well, no... my defensive partner does that, or the forwards on the ice at the time."
JS: "So, then you must physically block some shots on goal?"
NG: "Well, no... I MEAN... sometimes!"
JS: "What would you say... you do here?"
NG: "Well look, I already told you! I deal with the opposing team so the goalie doesn't have to! I HAVE DEFENSIVE SKILLS! I AM GOOD AT PLAYING DEFENSE! Can't you understand that?! What the hell is wrong with you people?!"

You win internet today bruh. Hilarious :laugh:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Too bad teams aren't tanking hard like last year. If this was a season ago Buffalo would claim him to improve their McDavid chances :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad