Waived: Guenin waived

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So4WUCI.gif

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Great news, but what the hell are they doing with the defense? None of us know, and you kind of get the feeling the Avs don't really know either.

We'll see if he even sees the AHL.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If he's sent down once he clears he will be a great veteran to have around the AHL club.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Great news, but what the hell are they doing with the defense? None of us know, and you kind of get the feeling the Avs don't really know either.

I don't agree. There isn't all of this movement for nothing. They obviously have a plan here. First they have to find a way to dump a contract.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't agree. There isn't all of this movement for nothing. They obviously have a plan here. First they have to find a way to dump a contract.

CLB have managed to shed two contracts in waiver claims in the last week and have been scouting us and our AHL team like crazy. There's a 2 for 1 deal going to happen there somehow.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

Perhaps some kind of 2 for 1 deal.

Im not understanding what the purpose of sending 2 guys to the AHL accomplishes.
Its not like someone is trading for Nate Guenin.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I wouldn't get too excited until he's actually assigned to SA. I'd actually be more excited to see Redmond waived because someone might take him.

Something is going on its just what the hell is it.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
We all agree with the move, but what exactly do we have planned here?

Picking up Bondratkachuk, waiving Gormley to find no takers, now waiving Guenin... we don't seem to have a strategy here. Nobody is picking up Guenin, that much is for certain. I don't even want him going down either. He would just take away minutes from the kids.

It seems like we are desperately hoping somebody picks him up, because if Gormley stayed up despite being waived with no takers, Roy isn't going to send Guenin down who he actually trusts more on the ice than Gormley. When this fails, Redmond will be waived next, IMO. EJ coming back so something's brewing.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We all agree with the move, but what exactly do we have planned here?

Picking up Bondratkachuk, waiving Gormley to find no takers, now waiving Guenin... we don't seem to have a strategy here. Nobody is picking up Guenin, that much is for certain. I don't even want him going down either. He would just take away minutes from the kids.

It seems like we are desperately hoping somebody picks him up, because if Gormley stayed up despite being waived with no takers, Roy isn't going to send Guenin down who he actually trusts more on the ice than Gormley. EJ coming back so something's brewing.

If it was just about shedding a contract they would have waived Redmond since he would have a better chance at getting claimed.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
As I said in the trade thread... I think Gormley + for another defensemen is in the works.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
As I said in the trade thread... I think Gormley + for another defensemen is in the works.

Possibly, but Gormley just went through for free.

Unless the dman were adding has significantly more value, it doesn't make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad