Guelph Storm 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
Reasonably productive weekend for the Storm. Any team has a chance to win when it's goaltending is on like Guelph's tandem was then.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Best place to park for those coming to the game on Friday?

The parking garage attached to the Old Quebec Street Mall is my preferred option, though it's $5-10 to park.

If you do park there, be aware that if you leave when everyone else does, it will take a while to get out....leave early if the game dictates it, or stick around for a beverage after that game to avoid the rush out of the garage.

Free options are available but fill up fast. There are some good side streets you can park on on the other side of the river if you don't mind a bit of a walk.

Enjoy the game.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I'm excited for the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how the standings shake out. Could be an interesting 1st round against rivals Kitchener or London.

Reactions: storm surge

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
If the Storm play to the best of their ability for these last dozen or so games whatever is left then likely we will see them finish 5th or 6th in the west. The top 4 are all so close that there really isnt any you can say now who they would likely play. Its obviously gonna be one of Kitchener, London, Flint or Saginaw.
I know Windsor still has an outside shot at the top 4 but I dont see it.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Marc Bergevin says Montreal is only likely to sign one of their 4 guys that need to be signed by June 1 or they lose their rights (Cam Hillis, Allan McShane, Cole Fonstad and Samuel Houde)

Although every comment from Habs fans seem to all think it's a lock that the one person signed is Hillis, which would mean he's in the AHL next season

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
With the playoffs a probability now, is there any team whom you would like the Storm to play in particular in round one? I would like to see them up against Flint with its former Guelph contingent especially Popovich in goal.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
With the playoffs a probability now, is there any team whom you would like the Storm to play in particular in round one? I would like to see them up against Flint with its former Guelph contingent especially Popovich in goal.

Our record against Flint hasn't been stellar this season, though I agree a Popovich vs. Daws matchup would be fun to see. Kitchener vs. Guelph is a real possibility and those matchups are always fun and infuriating depending on how the two teams stack up. I think with Daws in net it should be an exciting first round regardless. You just never know.

Most of the team returns next year, so it will be exciting to see who continues to progress in their development. Players to watch: Zhilkin, Papais, Bakanov, McFarlane, Bianconi. Does Maillet breakout?

Hillis and Gogolev, if returned, get traded. Daws, possibly at the deadline.

Just for fun:

Stevenson (OA)/Zhilkin/Uba (OA)
Papais/Maillet/Bakanov
Sikic/Walker/McFarlane
Draft/Draft/Bowman

Chayka/Has
Bianconi/Hiebert
Terry/Profaca

Daws (OA)
Bennett

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Our record against Flint hasn't been stellar this season, though I agree a Popovich vs. Daws matchup would be fun to see. Kitchener vs. Guelph is a real possibility and those matchups are always fun and infuriating depending on how the two teams stack up. I think with Daws in net it should be an exciting first round regardless. You just never know.

Most of the team returns next year, so it will be exciting to see who continues to progress in their development. Players to watch: Zhilkin, Papais, Bakanov, McFarlane, Bianconi. Does Maillet breakout?

Hillis and Gogolev, if returned, get traded. Daws, possibly at the deadline.

Just for fun:

Stevenson (OA)/Zhilkin/Uba (OA)
Papais/Maillet/Bakanov
Sikic/Walker/McFarlane
Draft/Draft/Bowman

Chayka/Has
Bianconi/Hiebert
Terry/Profaca

Daws (OA)
Bennett

Team should play Kitchener from a logistics point of view. They have had success against London this year:)

As for the D pairings above, I would disagree. Hiebert has been a steady surprise back there. Profaca will be 3rd man on d corp next year. I wont be surprised if Terry and Bianconi ask for trades. Campbell should be the 7th.

For forwards, Roach should be back until OA deadline to get down to 3 and then Daws will be traded. They signed 03 Forster, so he should be on 4th line.

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
Team should play Kitchener from a logistics point of view. They have had success against London this year:)

As for the D pairings above, I would disagree. Hiebert has been a steady surprise back there. Profaca will be 3rd man on d corp next year. I wont be surprised if Terry and Bianconi ask for trades. Campbell should be the 7th.

For forwards, Roach should be back until OA deadline to get down to 3 and then Daws will be traded. They signed 03 Forster, so he should be on 4th line.
And just like that the season is done

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Hey Guelph fans, I bought tickets for Sunday’s game against London in Guelph. With the season being done or paused, who do I talk to for a refund??

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Hey Guelph fans, I bought tickets for Sunday’s game against London in Guelph. With the season being done or paused, who do I talk to for a refund??

The team message is to hang on to them at this point. In case they are rescheduled.

Reactions: tjziel

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
wishing young men on Storm every safety and happiness ahead..hoping especially to see you Pavel;.. drafted very high which you fully deserve.... Be strong and well fellas and admin and coaching.. and all you fan friends..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad