Guelph Storm 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
The Storm head off early for a well-deserved break. Looking forward to welcoming back Chayka, Gordeev, Ralph and Daws. As a fan it will feel like a long way to wait for more hockey. This team has shown that hard work and playing as a unit can pay off. With an average age of 17.64, this team is one of the youngest and sits in first place in the Western Conference. Cheers to that!

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
though Gogolev is my favourite player..just thinkin about it this afternoon..I think to trade him to a prime contender for a kings ransome right now would be best all round..I'll continue cheering for him wherever he goes... looking forward to seeing him a top 10 NHL pick.. a nice Mem cup would be great for him..

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
though Gogolev is my favourite player..just thinkin about it this afternoon..I think to trade him to a prime contender for a kings ransome right now would be best all round..I'll continue cheering for him wherever he goes... looking forward to seeing him a top 10 NHL pick.. a nice Mem cup would be great for him..

define a kings ransom. I think he’d go for what Brett Neumann did last year. They’re very similar comparables. Both really good undrafted 19 year olds who will be back for their OA season. So that’s a 2nd year player, 2 2nds and a 3rd. You doing that?

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
define a kings ransom. I think he’d go for what Brett Neumann did last year. They’re very similar comparables. Both really good undrafted 19 year olds who will be back for their OA season. So that’s a 2nd year player, 2 2nds and a 3rd. You doing that?
nope..a 1st..second...third..or solid D prospect for 3rd.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

seems right

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

Depends who the 2nd year player is. 1st round quality. Gogolev is flirting with top 5 in scoring. Super creative, puck on a string finisher.

Reactions: storm surge

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Depends who the 2nd year player is. 1st round quality. Gogolev is flirting with top 5 in scoring. Super creative, puck on a string finisher.
if Gogo ;..at this rate ona team not expected to make playoffs at all; makes top 5-10 in NHL draft.. which he deserves..at this rate.. 50 points by Christmas..He could be the icing on any team for a big run at Mem cup..(except a certain group in green and yeller down the valley)..

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
if Gogo ;..at this rate ona team not expected to make playoffs at all; makes top 5-10 in NHL draft.. which he deserves..at this rate.. 50 points by Christmas..He could be the icing on any team for a big run at Mem cup..(except a certain group in green and yeller down the valley)..

Yeah he’s very good, as was Brett Neumann last year. Gogolev isn’t getting you a rookie first rounder though. There’s probably only 2-4 guys in the whole league will could return a rookie first rounder this deadline (Akil Thomas, Barrett Hayton, Thomas Harley, maybe Phil Tomasino). His return would be comparable to Neumann. So it sounds like you wouldn’t be trading him then if it was up to you.

Btw, are you saying Gogolev is going to get drafted top 5-10 overall?

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I agree with @Generalsupdates here. Neumann went for Nick Wong last year, who was a 2nd year player, originally drafted late second round into the OHL. He is a late birthday, so this is his draft year, and although he probably doesn't get drafted, he has an outside chance. That's the same kind of player you would get for Gogolev.

When was the last time a player in their D+2 year went in the top 10 overall? Wouldn't an NHL team just sign him as a free agent and thus save their first round top 10 pick if they were that high on him?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

Yeah, not happening.
[QUOTE="Generalsupdates, post:

Btw, are you saying Gogolev is going to get drafted top 5-10 overall?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not happening. Don't mind Surge... he or she is a little excited.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yeah, not happening.
[QUOTE="Generalsupdates, post:

Yeah, not happening. Don't mind Surge... he or she is a little excited.[/QUOTE]

Hahah I was gonna say... I couldn't tell if he was saying Gogolev will be a future NHL or top 10 overall this year. Because there's a 0.00% chance of him even going in the 1st or 2nd round this year. Better odds that he doesn't get drafted at all and someone just signs him to an ELC after his jr career is over

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Yeah he’s very good, as was Brett Neumann last year. Gogolev isn’t getting you a rookie first rounder though. There’s probably only 2-4 guys in the whole league will could return a rookie first rounder this deadline (Akil Thomas, Barrett Hayton, Thomas Harley, maybe Phil Tomasino). His return would be comparable to Neumann. So it sounds like you wouldn’t be trading him then if it was up to you.

yes.. and deservedly so..

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, not happening. Don't mind Surge... he or she is a little excited.

Hahah I was gonna say... I couldn't tell if he was saying Gogolev will be a future NHL or top 10 overall this year. Because there's a 0.00% chance of him even going in the 1st or 2nd round this year. Better odds that he doesn't get drafted at all and someone just signs him to an ELC after his jr career is over[/QUOTE]
well then.. well just hand him over to you with apologies . you need a better hand than that to play.. you must take us for idiots..in general that is..are you a union negotiator?..by injury and being jerked around for some strange reason he has not been drafted..a 3rd round pick or camp invite is a farcical suggestion...hava nice day

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
maybe ;..all things in perspective.,.I'll just have to sit back and as per (a bird in hand)..sit back and just enjoy watching him put 3 in your nets .. ciao..

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
The highest re-entry draft picks that I can find have been Durzi and Leason, both going late 2nd round. Durzi (52 overall) was drafted in his D+1, and Leason (56 overall) was drafted in his D+2. Gogolev is going into his D+2, and I think late 2nd round is about as high as he could hope to go.

Can anyone else find any other overagers in the modern era to have gone higher in the draft?

Reactions: StormWatcher

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
The highest re-entry draft picks that I can find have been Durzi and Leason, both going late 2nd round. Durzi (52 overall) was drafted in his D+1, and Leason (56 overall) was drafted in his D+2. Gogolev is going into his D+2, and I think late 2nd round is about as high as he could hope to go.

Can anyone else find any other overagers in the modern era to have gone higher in the draft?
Tanner Pearson went 1st round 30th overall to LA in 2012

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
well then.. well just hand him over to you with apologies . you need a better hand than that to play.. you must take us for idiots..in general that is..are you a union negotiator?..by injury and being jerked around for some strange reason he has not been drafted..a 3rd round pick or camp invite is a farcical suggestion...hava nice day

what in the world are you saying....?
Gogolev went undrafted 2 drafts in a row. Now that he’s 19 and dominating teenagers, that doesn’t mean he’ll get drafted top 10 with 2002 borns, he won’t. Look at Justin Brazeau as a perfect example. That’s what the guys who develop late do. They either get drafted late in the draft or sign as a free agent. He’s not going in the top 10 or even the top 50 picks lol. Not sure why you’re taking that personally

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Tanner Pearson went 1st round 30th overall to LA in 2012
Forgot about Pearson. He was an interesting case study as he played Junior B in his draft year. So even though he was drafted in his D+2, he only had 2 years in Major Junior prior to being drafted. Gogolev is in his fourth year of Major Junior. I still see late 2nd round as being his ceiling this year. But I guess we will wait and see.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
what in the world are you saying....?
Gogolev went undrafted 2 drafts in a row. Now that he’s 19 and dominating teenagers, that doesn’t mean he’ll get drafted top 10 with 2002 borns, he won’t. Look at Justin Brazeau as a perfect example. That’s what the guys who develop late do. They either get drafted late in the draft or sign as a free agent. He’s not going in the top 10 or even the top 50 picks lol. Not sure why you’re taking that personally
When Gogolev played with Per Aug in Peterborough 2 yrs ago.. they were poetry in motion..... deadly.... when he came here he was fantastic.. loved his team and city and team mates... then the injury..Heez a better player overall than any other forward on Storm... not mean to dis them..... BUT..I'm gonna back this guy Gogolev... lift him up.. like it or not..... heez a natural talent ... I'll take him on my team any day..nothing personal folks..EH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad