Guelph Storm 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Daws numbers significantly better than DiPietro when he was traded last year. If he could fetch a similar return you trade him

Reactions: Philstorm

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
200.webp

Go Go Gadget Goals!

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Gogolev single handily exposed some of Owen Sound's youthful inexperience as Owen Sound had 6 first year guys in the lineup tonight against the Storm game was just as tight as the score.

Guelph was in the same boat with a young lineup. 8ish 1st year players not counting those who were call-ups last year and got in their 10 or less games. Loved the tribute to Scott Walker, well done O.S.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Gogolev single handily exposed some of Owen Sound's youthful inexperience as Owen Sound had 6 first year guys in the lineup tonight against the Storm game was just as tight as the score.
Storm line up was equally young and defence was hugely lacking due to injury and world juniors.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
gee willikers radio hosts.. Gogo MIGHT even get drafted in the 3rd round this year eh?..pfhhht!

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
DiPietro was in his final year in the O, that's the difference

If Daws keeps playing like this through the rest of the year, he’ll surely get drafted in June. Depending who takes him and their goaltending situation as far as goaltending depth in their system, he could play minor pro next year. You never know.
With that in mind, if the right offer comes along, you have to consider selling him at this deadline.

Reactions: StormWatcher

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
Two things to say. Congrats Nico, I know you will do us proud and bring back gold for all Storm fans.
Okay just watched the replay of the collision between the london forward and the Ice Dogs goalie. Yes I know the Ice Dog defender was involved, but Skinner made no attempt to not hit the goalie. The way the league has soften on giving penalties for hitting, slashing, interfering and running into goalies, it was injury just waiting to happen. With the instigator rule there is nothing preventing this kind of action taking place. No I'm not calling Skinner a goon, he plays just like everyone else in the league, including players on the Storm. It appears to be open season on goalies. Nobody ever ran Billy Smith, Ron Hextall or even Gump Worsley why because they would have either had to defend themselves by an avenging team mate or goalies would have protected themselves with butt end in their face or worse. No I'm advocating violence, just protection for the goalies. This young 17 year old goalie may have lost his dream. Branch you've made rules anti this, anti that, wake up and get your head in the game. Have your referees start calling goal tender interference, contacting the goalies and make the penalties hurt, a double minor. Maybe then the skaters would think twice before going near the goalies. I have nothing against a player setting up a screen, but most of the time they are in the blue.
Yes I'm an old goalie 68 years young, who was lucky enough to be taught some things by the Gumper, one was how to protect myself, A big knob on the end of the stick was one and another was how to use my blocker to keep forwards from getting to close.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Two things to say. Congrats Nico, I know you will do us proud and bring back gold for all Storm fans.
Okay just watched the replay of the collision between the london forward and the Ice Dogs goalie. Yes I know the Ice Dog defender was involved, but Skinner made no attempt to not hit the goalie. The way the league has soften on giving penalties for hitting, slashing, interfering and running into goalies, it was injury just waiting to happen. With the instigator rule there is nothing preventing this kind of action taking place. No I'm not calling Skinner a goon, he plays just like everyone else in the league, including players on the Storm. It appears to be open season on goalies. Nobody ever ran Billy Smith, Ron Hextall or even Gump Worsley why because they would have either had to defend themselves by an avenging team mate or goalies would have protected themselves with butt end in their face or worse. No I'm advocating violence, just protection for the goalies. This young 17 year old goalie may have lost his dream. Branch you've made rules anti this, anti that, wake up and get your head in the game. Have your referees start calling goal tender interference, contacting the goalies and make the penalties hurt, a double minor. Maybe then the skaters would think twice before going near the goalies. I have nothing against a player setting up a screen, but most of the time they are in the blue.
Yes I'm an old goalie 68 years young, who was lucky enough to be taught some things by the Gumper, one was how to protect myself, A big knob on the end of the stick was one and another was how to use my blocker to keep forwards from getting to close.
it used to be that taking liberties in the goal crease wasa venture into a hard fall by a solid D.. now it looks like an ode to chaos round the goal..

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
enough talk about Gogolev needing to work on complete game..heez #1 on this team .. whats he supposed to do ?..the team has its 2 best D out and best young G in league out.....all things considered a great early run..hava fine Christmas fellas...

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Does anyone recall at this time last season how many points Guelph was behind the conference leaders?

Just thinking only 12 points separates first through 10th, and after what Guelph did last year even 10th place team might be considering all in moves.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Think they go to Bennett for the 3rd straight game this weekend or Wickware for his first career start tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->