Guelph Storm 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Yes, take a look at were the league us right now with goalies. There’s at the very least 15 other teams he’d be starting for.

Be careful what you wish for

Your math is getting worse....he is better than 90 percent of league and would start on at least 15 teams but ranked statistically bottom 3rd of league. Would not start for WINDSOR, SOO, MISSY, N. BAY, OSH, LONDON, HAM, NIA, PETERBOROUGH OR OWEN SOUND this coming season and would have to battle to get starter's spot on a couple of the other teams.
Poppy had a good season but you must keep your fandom in realistic perspective.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Your math is getting worse....he is better than 90 percent of league and would start on at least 15 teams but ranked statistically bottom 3rd of league. Would not start for WINDSOR, SOO, MISSY, N. BAY, OSH, LONDON, HAM, NIA, PETERBOROUGH OR OWEN SOUND this coming season and would have to battle to get starter's spot on a couple of the other teams.
Poppy had a good season but you must keep your fandom in realistic perspective.

I’m not a Guelph fan, I’m a Windsor fan?

If you truthfully believe that he couldn’t start for a team like Hamilton with Nick Donofrio as the starter and his 15 career games, I’m not sure what to say. Perhaps your need to be ‘intentionally offside’ clouds your judgement? Just a thought.

We won’t agree, no purpose to continue.

Have a good day

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
OHL4Life, I would put Hamilton on the starter list if it was known for sure if Fulcher isn't going to be back. I am not convinced he moves up to next level this coming season. Playing for a top 3 team hides a lot deficiencies. That being said, I don't believe Poppy would just be handed the reins in Hamilton if he wasn't. Anyways I wasn't trying to start anything with you....maybe your math. We'll see what happens in a couple of months.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
giphy.gif

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Also, I thought this was really, really cool. Storm finally listened to me (well, probably not but still).

Definitely going to get me and the fam out!!!

Reactions: storm surge

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Wondering what you guys can tell me about James McEwan? He just committed to UNB today so I am curious what kind of player we should expect to see in the fall. Thanks.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Wondering what you guys can tell me about James McEwan? He just committed to UNB today so I am curious what kind of player we should expect to see in the fall. Thanks.

I liked James but felt he was never the same after his broken jaw in 2016 - found him to be a bit gun shy after that, but that was a nasty injury and who could blame him. I expected more from him in his last campaign points-wise, especially after his Mtl camp stint (I thought he would come back and light it up because he’d had an excellent camp), but he just didn’t get there. Great speed and a wicked shot. His stints on defense were great and I often thought they should have kept him back on D and move Merkley up to forward for a number of games as an experiment (cue Storm Surge comments here....). By all accounts he’s a great kid and has talent and drive -he’s got a good head on his shoulders based on interviews I’ve read or seen. Maybe with the move to UNB you’ll see a breakout from him. Always liked the kid as a player and hope the best for him moving forward.

Reactions: storm surge

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I liked James but felt he was never the same after his broken jaw in 2016 - found him to be a bit gun shy after that, but that was a nasty injury and who could blame him. I expected more from him in his last campaign points-wise, especially after his Mtl camp stint (I thought he would come back and light it up because he’d had an excellent camp), but he just didn’t get there. Great speed and a wicked shot. His stints on defense were great and I often thought they should have kept him back on D and move Merkley up to forward for a number of games as an experiment (cue Storm Surge comments here....). By all accounts he’s a great kid and has talent and drive -he’s got a good head on his shoulders based on interviews I’ve read or seen. Maybe with the move to UNB you’ll see a breakout from him. Always liked the kid as a player and hope the best for him moving forward.

Thanks for the info!

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
Maybe too early, but anyone have an idea what the lineup is shaping up to be this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad