Guelph Storm 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontsfan2005

Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
liked the old iniforms from St.Pierre.... Calahan days..black or white uniforms...with silver red blk wht trim..

While I've never been a huge fan of the now old Storm logo, it did look very nice on their 1999-2007 era uniforms. When they made the switch to the crimson uniforms in 2007, the logo looked very out of place.

As for the new logo, it does seem like a downgrade, however, I find it looks better on the crimson uniforms better than the old one ever did. The blue Storm unis from the mid 90s were very good, wish they'd break out those throwbacks more often.

Reactions: storm surge

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
There was a lake I used to fish as a kid in Muskoka where you didn't even need the worm. They'd see the hook shimmer and try to eat it.

Good times.
sunfish ... eggzactly.. a useless catch..likely hand bleed.... but ya;. . We went French river.... remember Sagamo.. Seguin..ferries on Muskoka lakes..

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
sunfish ... eggzactly.. a useless catch..likely hand bleed.... but ya;. . We went French river.... remember Sagamo.. Seguin..ferries on Muskoka lakes..

Would love to do a multi-day trip along the French. Beautiful part of the province. Sadly, will have to wait a few years until I can make the kids carry their own weight....plus a little of mine, too lol

Also, there are no "useless catches" when you're a kid. Just getting a fish is a good day, be it a sunfish, rock bass, whatever. To keep kids interested, they have to actually feel like they are catching something....a void the sunfish happily fills.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Would love to do a multi-day trip along the French. Beautiful part of the province. Sadly, will have to wait a few years until I can make the kids carry their own weight....plus a little of mine, too lol

Also, there are no "useless catches" when you're a kid. Just getting a fish is a good day, be it a sunfish, rock bass, whatever. To keep kids interested, they have to actually feel like they are catching something....a void the sunfish happily fills.
remember lots of rock bass.. and seeing the French river docks at hwy 69... covered in HUGE fish when guided Americans came in.......we had lotsa ..bug bites.. sun burn .....

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
It was a promotion with a pay raise. Caputi made it clear a couple of years ago that he wanted to rise through the various levels of coaching and make a career of it. Leaving an organization to attain that next level promotion is part of it. Good luck to Luca.
don't need to be a weatherman;...to know which way the winds blowin here.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Which way doth the wind blow?
methinks good Vicarius.. the wind doth blow easily over the wastes of winter past.. ohhh tedium ;.. the stink remaineth.. but then the morrow doth oft bring good surprise.. Come..let us see......if my nose doeth bear true witness to trepidation .. to concern...or but a good blowings need.

thenumbersguy

Feb 14, 2010
My hope I guess is that an actual NHL training camp will knock some sense into him.

I remember Ben Harpur was a completely different player after he came back from the Sens camp the season after being drafted. Granted, his issues were never attitude related, but still some hope I guess.
I remember when harpur went to camp also and it wasn't good. I think his game went downhill after that and he never recovered so we shipped him out. He was dependable before the draft and then after started making mental mistakes that would cost us.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
I remember when harpur went to camp also and it wasn't good. I think his game went downhill after that and he never recovered so we shipped him out. He was dependable before the draft and then after started making mental mistakes that would cost us.

Not sure which camp you are referring to. Ben was drafted in 2013, attended his first camp that fall and came back to be a key element in the 2013-2014 OHL championship. In January 2015, he and Chad Bauman went to Barrie in exchange for C.J Garcia, Givani Smith, the Colts 2ndround picks in 2017 & 2018, 5th round pick in 2019 and a 10th round pick in 2020. I’d say his value increased leading up to that trade, as I’m pretty sure the Colts weren’t targeting Bauman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad