F Jonathan Lekkerimaki - Orebro, SHL (2022, 15th, VAN)

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
It's only 4 games but it seems to be a fairly disappointing stint so far in the AHL for Lekky as he has yet to record a point.

If I was the Canucks, I think I would keep him in the SHL next season and really let him dominate that league.

LMAO what?

I've been to every Abby game that Lekky has played thus far, he has looked fantastic and to me looks head and shoulders above his teammate and competition so far. Snake bitten sure, but he looks dangerous every shift and is playing a mature 2 way game. He had probably 7 shots on goal in a game a couple of nights ago and was a hound defensively.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
All reports so far have been very good from Abbotsford, surprised some think otherwise but it is still early.

I'm going to see Abby on Sunday, very excited to see him & D-Petey for myself.

As for next season he definitely needs to be in the AHL. Needs to adjust to NA ice & he seems like he can be a top player for Abby pretty quickly.

And the development in Abby has been fantastic, its the best thing for sure.

Wouldn’t shock me to see him make the Canucks out of camp next year or just spend a short time in the AHL.
In very limited minutes in the AHL he’s looked good. Should give him a good taste of the North American game.

I would be shocked tbh. I know we saw it with Hoglander a few years back but that was before the development team/process was improved around here.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Lekk get games at some point next season but I highly doubt its right out of camp. I suppose we'll see though.

Reactions: Kearns

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Lekkerimaki's AHL stint is done. As planned, he is now heading back to Sweden. He has been invited to the National Team training camp as he tries to make the Sweden roster for the World Championship in May. Playing for the national team at Worlds at only 19 yrs old would be a very good experience.

Really enjoyed watching him in Abbotsford. Lethal talent offensively. Hopefully he can get a full summer of training in and head back to Vancouver in July/August to start preparing for his first full AHL season.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sweden has not announced it’s roster. Lekkerimäkis chances of making it are very slim.
He was great in the 4 games against Finland. If he does good in Betano Hockey Games he might grab a spot.

So the article is just completely wrong? I'm confused.

Is it that TSN is getting this roster for the Betano Hockey Games confused with the WC roster?
yes

Betano Hockey Games is a pre-wc tournament with Sweden, Swiss, Czechs and Finland. And he is on the roster for this tournament. We recently played 4 games against Finland called "Nordic Cup". Lekkerimäki was good in all 4 games. So was Unger Sörum.

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He was great in the 4 games against Finland. If he does good in Betano Hockey Games he might grab a spot.

yes

Betano Hockey Games is a pre-wc tournament with Sweden, Swiss, Czechs and Finland. And he is on the roster for this tournament. We recently played 4 games against Finland called "Nordic Cup". Lekkerimäki was good in all 4 games. So was Unger Sörum.
Thanks for the update!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad