Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
You could very well be correct.
I would send Hillis out before Woolley.
Lotsa TALK... light show.. this is a championship year run in cycle..and our bench is shallow on D... and I hear talk of giving up Woolley...Chayda.... not one big name frwd is actually skating in crimson.... .....even a mention of trading GOGO.... this is a ticket sales putch ... nothing more ... even with the names (BIG)..its a tough go to the Cup.. team bonding... coaching???.....a D with 1 proven...1 potentially great...and some kids of moderate ability..call ups.. all this (with fog and smoke and flashing lights begs the question..whats left of future picks and can we really say its a given?... a run to cup..... not really!.... its all in; it seems.....ats ok eh ... !?..hang onta yer hats....!

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
HAR HAR!.. Welcome te the good ship Storm mate .. y'ull find yer bunk down side the mates mess boy.. and we'll be inta battle by Sunday as the pipes sound ....She's a few holes and shorta crew but yer welcome lad .. MR...Entwistle te the frrray!.. Quartermaster ...pipe Im aboard.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
So essentially it was Entwistle for Bertuzzi and 3 3rds. I don't mind that. Now let's get some D and continue rehab, see where we're at.
but;...I think its 2-seconds and 3 thirds..must hava lotta picks hidden in their sock up stairs..hoooeee !..what's next?..

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
but;...I think its 2-seconds and 3 thirds..must hava lotta picks hidden in their sock up stairs..hoooeee !..what's next?..

I think what he meant was:

Bertuzzi
2nd
3rd

For

Entwistle

This is how it all shakes down after the two deal blend together

Reactions: storm surge

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I think what he meant was:

Bertuzzi
2nd
3rd

For

Entwistle

This is how it all shakes down after the two deal blend together

She, but yes... I confusing the Bert and Primeau returns, it's a lot to keep track of.

Twitter word is Gordeev to Guelph is done. I'll reserve judgement until I see him in Crimson for a month.

Reactions: storm surge

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Serge...WT!...light show...picks for tricks...giant D...world class D...apples to oranges for plums...the tide is turning...

Reactions: Chico Maki

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
With 5 days until the deadline here's where we stand:

In:
Hanley
Commisso
Gogolev
Entwistle
Phillips
Gordeev (still can't see the official with return for Flint.)

Out:
Merkley
Bertuzzi
Primeau
Aguanno

Larry implies more is brewing...

Last edited:

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
Still need that top centre.

Saigeon for Poirer and picks works for me.
Otherwise you lose Chayka and picks for Suzuki, Frost or Dellandrea, unless a team would take Hillis and picks.

Ratcliffe-Saigeon-Schnarr
Gogolev-Hawel- Entwistle
Stevenson-Commisso-Toropchenko
Ralph-Kirwin-Collins

Samarukov-Phillips
Gordeev-Hanley
Woolley-Lalonde
Chayka-Terry

Popovich
Daws

No matter, Curious George is making a statement to be Executive of the Year. Not to mention moving out Enigma.

Reactions: StormWatcher

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
probably compensatory Petes pick

There's already an * on one of the 2nds. I will assume that condition is in the event Phillips plays an OA season. But the double ** on the pick in 2019 can't be for that reason because the draft will have already taken place.

It must be for a different condition. According to the draft pick database, before the time of his trade there were no conditions on that pick.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
There's already an * on one of the 2nds. I will assume that condition is in the event Phillips plays an OA season. But the double ** on the pick in 2019 can't be for that reason because the draft will have already taken place.

It must be for a different condition. According to the draft pick database, before the time of his trade there were no conditions on that pick.

Just to distinguish from Petes 2nd & Petes comp 2nd, I think

Reactions: Noofgoof

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

It’s called a compensation pick. I assume it is related to a performance result.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
It’s called a compensation pick. I assume it is related to a performance result.

Understand that it's a compensation pick. Just wondering what the conditions are that's all.

I can't see it being for player or team playoff performance because that pick will be used as the draft happens during the second round.

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
In many ways, it is appropriate that a loved first round draft pick from Owen Sound ends up in Guelph. Owen Sound and Guelph have shared so much hockey history. And as Attackfan72 mentioned, go get London!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad