Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
Is Jack Hanley not top 4 quality?
I see you guys picked up Phil Caron. He is good enough to play third pairing for us in the Soo. Don't think he will ever raise above 3rd pairing however so he lost his spot to a younger defenseman with a higher ceiling (Calisti). Hopefully that plays out well for us.
Hanley can play a simple defensive game moving forward in the playoffs but that injury he has puts him out until mid March. Not sure if he will be able to come back that quick and be solid in playoffs (i hope so). Caron was a fill in and thankful he came, but he cant compete here for D sorry. As much as we need D, we need quality for a playoff run. Our D tonight could not shut down Windsor and 8th place team. If we think playing London, soo, Saginaw in a series with this D, then I have a better chance winning the 6/49.
I know when we played flint Gordeev got burnt by our quicker players easily on a few goals. Skating is not his strong side. I hope his size,grit, playmaking surprise us in Guelph. I have to be honest I haven’t seen enough of him to really know

We know Entwistle is coming and I am 99.9 that the other two are Gordeev and Dellandrea. I hope there are plans for two more D

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Hanley can play a simple defensive game moving forward in the playoffs but that injury he has puts him out until mid March. Not sure if he will be able to come back that quick and be solid in playoffs (i hope so). Caron was a fill in and thankful he came, but he cant compete here for D sorry. As much as we need D, we need quality for a playoff run. Our D tonight could not shut down Windsor and 8th place team. If we think playing London, soo, Saginaw in a series with this D, then I have a better chance winning the 6/49.
I know when we played flint Gordeev got burnt by our quicker players easily on a few goals. Skating is not his strong side. I hope his size,grit, playmaking surprise us in Guelph. I have to be honest I haven’t seen enough of him to really know

We know Entwistle is coming and I am 99.9 that the other two are Gordeev and Dellandrea. I hope there are plans for two more D

Curious if your 99.9 comes from reliable/close sources or the tweets we've all been reading...

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Respectfully StormWatcher I cannot divulge and I am sure you understand. However, I can tell you that it is more than Social Media

Was not expecting you to divulge. Was just ensuring it was more than reading an "Insider" tweet. I appreciate the post.

scotty171

Sep 11, 2007

I’d assume it would have to be Chayka going the other way if Dellandrea is part of a deal?

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
What is your motivation for the comment? Guelph has had top guys go down with injury like none other in the last two weeks. Kicking a dog when it's down? Pouting that you're out of cards? If you've been reading this thread you'd see that many have talked sell but it's an odd year based a lot on "off-ice" and character issues. Nobody knows what the conference will look like come March so don't play all "I come in peace but you don't have a chance."

Exactly. Not sure why a London fan would wander over to another team’s board to inform them that they don’t think they’re in the same league as London.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
With all due respect I dont think that Guelph is in the same boat as London or SSM at the moment (even with Entwistle)...I could be wrong though

I don't know about that. I mean, while the Greyhounds do look good this year, they don't look as fearsome as they were last year. I haven't seen London play yet, so I can only judge on the point totals, which while is a decent gap, I'd still say we aren't quite in different ballparks yet.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
All I am trying to say is that SSM is at a different level in comparison to Guelph..I understand its been a weird year for you guys...All the best...I am sure the playoffs will be fun

Reactions: storm surge

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Exactly. Not sure why a London fan would wander over to another team’s board to inform them that they don’t think they’re in the same league as London.
They're spouting the same crap on Twitter too. I think they realize that when we're done with our trades we'll be a lot stronger than they want. They believe that they are the be all end all of hockey. I think they're scared.

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
Who else do they have left to deal for a player of that quality with another year of eligibility remaining? Would flint really make a deal for just picks. They’d be better off keeping him if that were the case in my opinion.

Hillis

Ratcliffe-Dellandrea-Schnarr
Gogolev-Hawel-Entwhistle
Stevenson-Commisso-Toropchenko
Ralph-Kirwin-Poirer
Collins

Samarukov-Hanley
Gordeev-Lalonde
Chayka-Woolley
Terry

Popovich
Daws

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12 and LDN

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Hillis

Ratcliffe-Dellandrea-Schnarr
Gogolev-Hawel-Entwhistle
Stevenson-Commisso-Toropchenko
Ralph-Kirwin-Poirer
Collins

Samarukov-Hanley
Gordeev-Lalonde
Chayka-Woolley
Terry

Popovich
Daws

If we kept Hillis too...

Dellandrea
Hawel
Hillis
Commisso would be our 4 centres. ( Dom is top 5 in FO% )

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Respectfully StormWatcher I cannot divulge and I am sure you understand. However, I can tell you that it is more than Social Media

My understanding is the deal involving Gogo to Flint is off. Did they manage to get a different player to agree to report?

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
If we kept Hillis too...

Dellandrea
Hawel
Hillis
Commisso would be our 4 centres. ( Dom is top 5 in FO% )

Flint would want a player going back there way along with picks.

You won’t miss Hillis when you have Dellandrea. When the going gets tough in the playoffs, Hillis would be a non factor imo.

Kirwin and Ralph would be good on a fourth line and penalty kill.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
All I am trying to say is that SSM is at a different level in comparison to Guelph..I understand its been a weird year for you guys...All the best...I am sure the playoffs will be fun

“With all due respect I dont think that Guelph is in the same boat as London or SSM at the moment (even with Entwistle).”

Nice try. Your post is in quotes above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad