Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
Larry Mellott says that they say Gogolev will be back before the end of this season. Good news.
Yes but recovery time from surgery is 8-10 weeks. Then playing is another story. I think the kid is great but I dont think he will come back that late and be able to be an impact in playoffs. My opinion is you wont see his great play till next season. If he is back during playoffs he will be limited.

Reactions: storm surge

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
On the bright side, the sooner he's back the sooner he'll hopefully be 100%. This news bodes well for him being good-to-go for Sept.

If his rehab carried/carries over into the summer, it's much less likely he'd be 100% for the beginning of the year.

To get some games under his belt before the end of the season would be nice.

Reactions: hocknow

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
On the bright side, the sooner he's back the sooner he'll hopefully be 100%. This news bodes well for him being good-to-go for Sept.

If his rehab carried/carries over into the summer, it's much less likely he'd be 100% for the beginning of the year.

To get some games under his belt before the end of the season would be nice.
cautious optimism....agreed.

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
re gogo move.. that WOULD be just the kind of rats butt thing this team would do..everything about Gogolev was a fit..and I believe heez a team guy who was happy here..this is the kind of player you build on ... and learn character from.. See!?..the vultures even want at him now..if he can still play... I want him here.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
re gogo move.. that WOULD be just the kind of rats butt thing this team would do..everything about Gogolev was a fit..and I believe heez a team guy who was happy here..this is the kind of player you build on ... and learn character from.. See!?..the vultures even want at him now..if he can still play... I want him here.
Saw the game and injury last night. Hard to watch and really unfortunate.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
[QUOTE="storm surge, post: 154535273, member: 295593"handes fell off bout 3-4 year ago..[/QUOTE]
IMO..should rebuild .. sell .. collect a host of high picks .. it isn't my desire to see a hail mary big player buy .. for futures with absolutely lousy coaching .. no system..discernible ..that has no guarantee of success.. or pieces fitting..after trading away huge numbers of our picks for future rebuild..Hanley needs replacing...for now... just a band-aid for this year though.

Reactions: RoyalCitySlicker

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Tony Saxon tweeted (paraphrased):

Hearing rumblings of talks for a big D-man and a hesitant power forward (whatever that means).

But now I can't find the tweet - perhaps he deleted it? FOUND IT

I'm afraid.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002

Hearing rumblings of talks for a big D-man and a hesitant power forward (whatever that means).

I'm afraid.

He later tweeted about Flint signing Tyler Deline and having 9 defencemen as of 1:06 p.m.

Could that be a hint as to who the big defenceman is? Fedor Gordeev is pretty big.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus

I'm afraid.

What exactly is a "hesitant" power forward? And why would we be targeting one rather than a determined power forward?

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
What exactly is a "hesitant" power forward? And why would we be targeting one rather than a determined power forward?
coulda be Italiano..(for Guelph Fan base eh../....lika Bertuzzi eh?....mebe hisa name isa aaaaa .... M'escuse eh?.... C'MON EH?...watsa thisa ... hesitante?....EH?... ok;... I get it;... heeza hesitante to comma to Guelp... atsa mora like ...

Reactions: Chico Maki

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
coulda be Italiano..(for Guelph Fan base eh../....lika Bertuzzi eh?....mebe hisa name isa aaaaa .... M'escuse eh?.... C'MON EH?...watsa thisa ... hesitante?....EH?... ok;... I get it;... heeza hesitante to comma to Guelp... atsa mora like ...

Ah - that was my next guess - the hesitant to come to Guelph part. I can't believe I'm actually starting to be able to decipher your posts.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Ah - that was my next guess - the hesitant to come to Guelph part. I can't believe I'm actually starting to be able to decipher your posts.
Pops postulates Vilardi.... mebe heeza reluctanta one ... butta hey;; we gotta the Italiano right.... Maybe!.... What the double hockey sticks;.. have these dough heads got cookin now.??..

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Pops postulates Vilardi.... mebe heeza reluctanta one ... butta hey;; we gotta the Italiano right.... Maybe!.... What the double hockey sticks;.. have these dough heads got cookin now.??..

Going with the Saxon tweet - big defenceman = Gordeev and Dellandrea is the hesitant forward holding up the deal. But I gotta think they'd want prospects coming Flint's way, and I don't think we have any to offer.

Personally, I 'd like to see a couple of part 2's from the deals for Aguanno, Primeau and Bertuzzi come forward involving players that can help immediately and into the playoffs.

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
Hesitant as in not wanting to come to "literally where?" Guelph. Good news about dealing with Flint is that they have no real leverage from what I can see, they'll hopefully be getting draft picks for quality players.
If chayka is moved then I pop a blood vessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad