Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Can somebody give me a quick rundown of what happened the last couple of minutes? Just the facts

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
What did Prosvetov do to get a 10 minute misconduct?

- Starts with Justin Murray getting 5 and a game for a check to the head with Saginaw up 2-1

- Ratcliffe scores and Prosvetov goes ballistic. Not sure why, replay didnt look like anything.

- Phillips scores a 2nd goal on the major. 10 minute ish delay reviewing offside.

- Prosvetov makes a save then bats the puck up into the crowd, thats where the penalty comes.

- After Saginaw managed to kill the rest of the penalties. Ratcliffe takes one of the stupidest penalties you'll see.

- Goalie pulled 6 on 4. Wilde gets the GTG.

About covers it I think lol

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Sag wins as McLeod goes through the captain who is trying to play defence on a rush and scores

Bruins10

Mar 31, 2016
C'mon, Isaac! This is getting old. You were chosen to wear the "C" for a reason. Taking stupid and, frankly, selfish penalties calls into question the wisdom of your selection. Fortunately, you have some games left to play where you have an opportunity to make amends.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Yes, it’s true that Ratcliffe stupidly lost composure on that play. BUT, the play by the Storm as the major penalty and game time was winding down was atrocious. You could see the momentum swinging before Ratcliffe even took the penalty.

Hoping to take two at home.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Yes, it’s true that Ratcliffe stupidly lost composure on that play. BUT, the play by the Storm as the major penalty and game time was winding down was atrocious. You could see the momentum swinging before Ratcliffe even took the penalty.

Hoping to take two at home.

This is one of my biggest complaints about this game. After the Storm got the 2nd goal on the major they just played uninspired, lazy hockey.

Had a chance to put the game away and yet Saginaw was the better team while being a man down.

Reactions: storm surge

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Awful play by the captain. Why why why??

Because that's what he does. All the time. We watched it the last couple years. The Rangers have played Guelph a whole lot in the last two seasons. So we have seen it first hand. When things don't go his way, that's when the "stupid" between his ears rears its head.

This player could be so much better.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Because that's what he does. All the time. We watched it the last couple years. The Rangers have played Guelph a whole lot in the last two seasons. So we have seen it first hand. When things don't go his way, that's when the "stupid" between his ears rears its head.

This player could be so much better.

You’re right - and you love it.

Isaac had a long time to think about it on the long ride home tonight. Hopefully he soul-searched and comes out on fire and smart on Monday.

Lots of hockey left, and Prosvetov should be gone for 5 games if the league is consistent with the calls they made over the last season and then some.

Barstool Sports

McNaughton suspended five games – Guelph Storm

Damiani suspended five games for flipping puck into crowd - KitchenerToday.com

Reactions: Ward Cornell

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
So if the league is consistent with this suspension Prosvetov will be finished for the rest of the series, and forced to play their rookie Lennox. Huge advantage to Guelph moving forward.

I watched a game against London on March 9th where he acted like a clown at the end of the game and earned an unsportsmanlike penalty. He had a similar freak out tonight for no reason. Hellava goalie, but must have eaten too much produce grown near Pripyat as a child.

HashingMARK

Nov 25, 2018
So if the league is consistent with this suspension Prosvetov will be finished for the rest of the series, and forced to play their rookie Lennox. Huge advantage to Guelph moving forward.

I watched a game against London on March 9th where he acted like a clown at the end of the game and earned an unsportsmanlike penalty. He had a similar freak out tonight for no reason. Hellava goalie, but must have eaten too much produce grown near Pripyat as a child.
I also saw that game vs. London and could not believe Prosvetov's behaviour. This type of anxiety mixed with ego doesn't go away after one game. It came back to haunt him yesterday. Lennox gets a chance to shine and is already off to a great start with 1-and-0 record and a playoff SV% of 1.000. Lennox does get credit for the win does he not?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I also saw that game vs. London and could not believe Prosvetov's behaviour. This type of anxiety mixed with ego doesn't go away after one game. It came back to haunt him yesterday. Lennox gets a chance to shine and is already off to a great start with 1-and-0 record and a playoff SV% of 1.000. Lennox does get credit for the win does he not?

Yup. He should get the win. Goalie of record when they took the lead/scored in OT.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

That may be up in the air. Since this is an automatic suspension, there may be a possibility you can buy it back. A disciplinary suspension, such as a hit to the head where the league reviews and assesses X amount of games, cannot be bought back.

However, automatic suspensions for some actions, such as second fight same stoppage of play, can be bought back because they are automatics. I don't believe this has come up in the postseason before this shooting the puck over the glass. But every time it has happened in the regular season, automatically it has been five games period. No review, nothing.

But this is the playoffs and is an automatic suspension. So we'll see what happens. But I'm leaning more towards the possibility that it can be bought back more so than not.

BehindSooNet

Mar 15, 2015

Actually, his playoff save percentage is now 0.875. Prosvetov The Unstable was yanked from a game against the Soo on April 12 and Lennox came in and allowed one 1 goal on 6 shots.

Saw Lennox play the last game of the regular season against the Soo when he was peppered with 52 shots. Though he allowed 5 goals, he made many marvelous saves and was named the 1st star of the game.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
This is one of my biggest complaints about this game. After the Storm got the 2nd goal on the major they just played uninspired, lazy hockey.

Had a chance to put the game away and yet Saginaw was the better team while being a man down.
That's what I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad