Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleteme2468

Apr 13, 2019
All this time I thought he was a London fan, judging by his post history. Maybe it depends on which way the wind blows? :huh:We’re not claiming him.

Thanks Ares.

If I had to guess - with my mostly regular reading of the Knights thread for the past few months, the poster is likely a family member or friend of an ex Knight whose reps/supporters felt was wronged in some way (ways?) during their time in London. Not that this has anything to do with the Guelph Storm. Don’t want to hijack the thread. Guelph has a good team and totally deserve to be in the third round. Enjoy the rest of the run.:)

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Guelph Fans:
Congrats on a massive comeback win against the Knights.
All the best versus Saginaw.
It'll be a great series.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
If I had to guess - with my mostly regular reading of the Knights thread for the past few months, the poster is likely a family member or friend of an ex Knight whose reps/supporters felt was wronged in some way (ways?) during their time in London. Not that this has anything to do with the Guelph Storm. Don’t want to hijack the thread. Guelph has a good team and totally deserve to be in the third round. Enjoy the rest of the run.:)
Looks like another great job by the ignore button. I don't even need to see the post to know you are talking about the account associated with Lucas Rowe. Not hard to understand why he was traded twice this season

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
Well done Guelph, that was an amazing come back. Go all the way. The refes on the most part kept the whistles in their pockets and let the players determine the out come. I just have one comment and it is just IMO, why was Radcliff getting all the hipe ? Yes he scored 2 goals, but Suz was the one doing all the digging, winning face off's, taking shots from London. With radcliffs size ,he should be flatting the other teams players, not just standing around waiting on the pass to his stick. I maybe bias. Anyways great series, now go get that cup

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Oilers fan here.

Congrats on the comeback! That was incredible.

How's Samorukov been for you guys? He's one of my favourite Oilers prospects. What do you think his potential is?

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
In reguards to my previous conversations with RCS about my not saying anything when Poppy has a bad or so so game I will say this, Poppy was a little shaky for a bit and let in one that he wishes he could have back but he fought back, kept his cool and shut the door with some amazing saves to help the team to a 6-3 win. The other 2 goals went in off a tip in front of the net and a weird bounce right to the knights player. No goalie could have stopped those. A little birdie told me that the Saginaw team is playing hurt. The Storm boys need to capitalize on this.

When the Storm were down 3-1 after those three quick second period goals, Popovich made some key stops. Made me think of announcers who say "remember that save" when the lead could have been extended and the outcome decided, but wasn't. That allowed the comeback to happen. Hope that builds everyone's confidence moving forward.

Reactions: zman77

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Congrats to the Storm team and their fans on completing a massive comeback. I thought it was a great series and a few goal posts here and there might have been a different outcome. Good luck moving forward against Saginaw.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Oilers fan here.

Congrats on the comeback! That was incredible.

How's Samorukov been for you guys? He's one of my favourite Oilers prospects. What do you think his potential is?

I am high on Samorukov. He is underrated in my opinion. He is defensively responsible, good hockey IQ, lays big hits but is not dirty, and has a cannon from the point/not afraid to shoot.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Attack fan here. Congrats on the win obviously I have a soft spot for you guy's right now LOL good luck in the Finals hope our boy's can continue to help.

Reactions: hockjock

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I am high on Samorukov. He is underrated in my opinion. He is defensively responsible, good hockey IQ, lays big hits but is not dirty, and has a cannon from the point/not afraid to shoot.
That is great to hear!

Do you see a future NHL player in him?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Is Ralph playing much? Not on the score sheet at all.

Burnett iced his top line every other shift through the last half of the game. The top two lines saw the most ice with Commisso and Ralph thrown in a little, but definitely not a lot. Varies game to game but last night was do or die.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..first two years Battalion and Storm battled in Finals...Storm rebuilds to battle in finals again.......Battalion sank to 7 ..8 ..and out of the playoffs since....you guys are doing some thing right….congrats.

Last edited:

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
Well done Storm!! Congrats on an epic comeback!! All the best in the Conference final!! Go Storm Go!!!

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
In reguards to my previous conversations with RCS about my not saying anything when Poppy has a bad or so so game I will say this, Poppy was a little shaky for a bit and let in one that he wishes he could have back but he fought back, kept his cool and shut the door with some amazing saves to help the team to a 6-3 win. The other 2 goals went in off a tip in front of the net and a weird bounce right to the knights player. No goalie could have stopped those. A little birdie told me that the Saginaw team is playing hurt. The Storm boys need to capitalize on this.

I thought he was good when needed and really held down the fort at the end. Great series for him and the team. Saginaw shmaginaw

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Well earned win and a helluva game last night!

Ratcliffe went beastmode and the rest is history.

Kudos to GMGB for flipping the script and to Poppy for being good when he had to be. It was a real team win.

Reactions: storm surge

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
Is Ralph playing much? Not on the score sheet at all.

He is eleven thousand in the playoffs.

He got more ice than some 3/4 th liners.

He skates well and hustles but his size is holding him back. I noticed him throwing snow going into corners against Bouchard, Regula, Lochead, Coome, unlike larger forwards in Ratcliffe, Entwistle, Toro, Schnarr....

He better eat some vitamins going forward, Saginaw has a large d grouping of Wilde, O’Grady and Webb.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Well maybe my well wishes didn’t hurt (hope those sick kids and their parents in Guelph are ecstatic) but as everyone else is saying, great epic come back.
I knew the Storm was too good to be bowing out they way they were. The last four games they showed exactly why I picked them in six. Also I know Burnett was taking heat early in the series, perhaps understandably but the Storm looked pretty well coached to me over the last several games. The old adage about your best players needing to be your best players is what won Guelph this series and that’s exactly what you need and expect from your leaders.
Happy for Poppy (like your nickname for him) too. He really stepped up. The London announcer must have said how he has given up goals in quick succession around a hundred times even though last night one was a fluke bounce and one deflected.

Well with my Wolves being out, the Storm and their comeback has been great to watch. You guys are my pick for the Conference and very possibly the league. Enjoy.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Looking forward to this Saginaw-Guelph series! Any Guelph fans coming to Saginaw for any games who has questions about travel feel free to shoot me a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad