Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
I like both teams...Saginaw has gone thru some lean times...might root for them ….they have shaken the curse of Bert...

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Guelph is a team built for the playoffs and are really rolling now. Hopefully some of these games are shown on sportsnet because it should be fun to watch but I hate paying 7.99 to watch a game on tv.

Reactions: Northernstormfan

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
That was pretty ugly tonight
Some people I'm sure will freak about the no goal call and perhaps it could have been a turning point but make no mistake the Storm got out played in every aspect of the game tonight. Nobody had a particularly good game. Defence had some bad turnovers and once again had a helluva time clearing their own zone. Poppy wasn't at his best like he had during the comeback. Just a bad night all around.

The good news is they can hopefully rest up tomorrow and if they can take game 2 they can still take away home ice.

Reactions: storm surge

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
That was pretty ugly tonight
Some people I'm sure will freak about the no goal call and perhaps it could have been a turning point but make no mistake the Storm got out played in every aspect of the game tonight. Nobody had a particularly good game. Defence had some bad turnovers and once again had a helluva time clearing their own zone. Poppy wasn't at his best like he had during the comeback. Just a bad night all around.

The good news is they can hopefully rest up tomorrow and if they can take game 2 they can still take away home ice.
I didn’t watch the game but it’s very common for a team to lose game one after winning a seven game series. No reason to panic. I am wrong or did it not look like a great game for Poppy?

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..I am guessing Storm/Fans hate London like the rest of us.....need to hate Spirit..am sure it will rise...7 games would not be a stretch….

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
I didn’t watch the game but it’s very common for a team to lose game one after winning a seven game series. No reason to panic. I am wrong or did it not look like a great game for Poppy?
No it wasn't one of his better games. But I have faith that he and the rest of the team will bounce back and it will be a better game for all of them.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
after the series with the Knights you guys can be pretty confident in your squad

Reactions: K2

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
I dont think anybody here is trying to gloss over Saginaw at all. I said before the playoffs they scared me more than London.
If Guelph loses again tonight I would be highly concerned especially if its anything like Thursdays game.

However people are just saying that arent hitting the panic button yet after game 1.
Even with the amazing comeback I'm certainly not cocky enough to think they could do it again should this get to 3-0.

A Storm win tonight and they are in good shape.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
not to voory ;.. vee yust feel em up... i meen out .. in first rrround ..... then ka boom ...vee fixem up good..!

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
after 1 period
shots 20-7 for Saginaw
faceoffs 15-4 for Spirit

let's hope for a better second and third or its over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad