Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbarrou

May 17, 2016
London
Kudos to the Storm and your fans! The best team most certainly won this series and your fan support in our own barn was something else. I'll be rooting for ya the rest of the way!

Reactions: StormWatcher

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
Congrats the trade with OS finally paid off.:clap:
Saginaw will be tough in the next round.

Absolutely, the trade with OS paid off.

Not to go overlooked was the trade with Ham for Entwistle! A OHL Champion, former capt, World Junior player. He had enough smarts to not let the linesman drop the puck after a 2nd icing call by London in the third period. Knights tried to pull a fast one by getting their best face off guy Moskal out to take the draw in place of Cotter. The refs made Cotter take the draw and Suzuki won it to Ratcliffe for the tying goal and momentum. With Entwistle size, reach and strength he banged in the 5th goal, and also overpowered Boqvist (minus 5 in series) for the empty net goal to seal the victory.

Great effort Guelph!

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
Congrats to Burnett for making the necessary adjustments and outcoaching Dale Hunter, and the team for playing some incredible hockey! Everyone showed impressive stamina and character and it was so awesome to witness this reverse sweep. Congratulations everyone.

Schnarr was my playoff MVP so far but after tonight Suzuki has by far taken that title, that skill and seemingly unlimited energy was absolutely a treat to watch.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
What’s your opinion on Hunter not shaking hands with the team? Still think this guy is the end all be all?

OK then lol.

When this happens there is often a reason. Justified or not. Depending on the side of fence you reside ;)

Last edited:

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
What’s your opinion on Hunter not shaking hands with the team? Still think this guy is the end all be all?

Peers shake hands with peers. Not a difficult concept. If both coaching staffs shook, why the necessity for the coaches going into the player's post game handshakes ?

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
Peers shake hands with peers. Not a difficult concept. If both coaching staffs shook, why the necessity for the coaches going into the player's post game handshakes ?
Because it's about humility and shaking hands with who beat you? Peers is a load of crap. Dale couldn't be bothered or perhaps was even too disgusted to touch the players that beat him and his team, that's the truth.
He just backhanded the spirit of the hockey playoff handshake.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
In reguards to my previous conversations with RCS about my not saying anything when Poppy has a bad or so so game I will say this, Poppy was a little shaky for a bit and let in one that he wishes he could have back but he fought back, kept his cool and shut the door with some amazing saves to help the team to a 6-3 win. The other 2 goals went in off a tip in front of the net and a weird bounce right to the knights player. No goalie could have stopped those. A little birdie told me that the Saginaw team is playing hurt. The Storm boys need to capitalize on this.

Reactions: RoyalCitySlicker

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Congratulations, Storm !! If My Attack stars had to end up anywhere, my former hometown , Guelph is a good choice.
Looking forward to watching the next series and rooting for the Storm ( again).
I'll always cherish the years I enjoyed watching four very special players develop before my eyes.

Good luck Nick, Marcus, Zach and Sean , and all your team mates.

Enjoy this, Storm fans !!

Last edited:

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
You’re kidding right? Well I’ll tell you. In the hockey world and I’m in it, this is all they’re talking about. It’s ridiculous

Ok, Who, of any significance is presently talking about this ??? I suspect, not that many, but if you care to share some actual names, I stand to be corrected.

Reactions: aresknights

Attackfan43

Mar 25, 2019
Owen Sound, ON
Not sure why some here are worried about who shook hands with who.

You guys just came back from a 3-0 deficit and won 4 straight against the London Knights.

Who gives a s*** who shook hands with who.

Take the victory and celebrate. Why talk about the shakes. Focus on the positives. That's all that matters.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Not sure why some here are worried about who shook hands with who.

You guys just came back from a 3-0 deficit and won 4 straight against the London Knights.

Who gives a s*** who shook hands with who.

Take the victory and celebrate. Why talk about the shakes. Focus on the positives. That's all that matters.

Exactly ! I'm certain that not a single Storm player or coach gave this a second thought on the bus ride back.

deleteme2468

Apr 13, 2019
I am a disappointed Knights fan tonight. But the better team in game 7 and the better team in the series won tonight. This feels like I’ve taken a time machine back to 2004. :(

I’ve been to Guelph many times to watch games and almost always have had a good experience there. Great place to watch a game with the steeper seating than Bud Gardens’ lower bowl. When I was there for game 6, the Storm fans around me were all class. And I met one of the cohosts of OHL fanboys during game 3. Also a class act and a pleasure to meet.

Reactions: RoyalCitySlicker

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
As a neutral fan of the series who had his team's pieces spread on both sides in Hancock and Suzuki, Durzi, Phillips and Roberts, I can say without a doubt that to see two competitive teams play there guts out.

Best of luck to Nick, Zach, Sean and Markus and the rest of the Storm and their fans in the conference final against the Spirit.

That was a great series against the Knights and best of luck against the Spirit.

Reactions: OSattackfan

hounds72

Jan 10, 2017
Go guelp! Awesome come back against a star studded team! Good luck the rest of the way.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
The vast majority of London fans posting on either this site or their own have shown a great deal of class in congratulating the Storm. They are a refreshing counterpoint to their team’s coaching staff. Much respect!
Thanks. As much as the Knights and their fans are hated throughout the league, we all enjoy good competitive hockey. Do we like to chirp other teams? Of course we do (some teams more than others, cough-cough Ice Dogs, cough-cough, Spitfires) but who doesn't? The Knight's success has made them targets and labelled the organization and their fanbase as arrogant. Truth is, we are proud of the accomplishments of our hockey team and are appreciative of what the Hunters have done for local hockey since buying the franchise. We love good hockey! The Storm were the better team this series through 7 games. London was the better team Games 1-3 and Guelph the better team Games 4-7 with their backs against the wall. Kudos. No excuses, no referee bashing. I don't think one London fan came into this series thinking "This is gonna be a cake-walk". Guelph was the one team I was afraid of and they showed why the last 4 games. Great support from your fans in our barn tonight and nice to see both teams get a nice round of applause at the end. I know the Hunters take a lot of flack and I was kind of disappointed they didn't shake hands with the players....but they did indeed shake hands with the Guelph coaching staff, so I wouldn't read too much into it. Good luck the next round...it's gonna be fun to watch.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Put that one in the history books.

Gutsy comeback in the series and in Game 7.

Crank it another notch and get ready for the Conference Finals - just don’t repeat the same formula - my heart can’t take it.

Reactions: aresknights

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Here’s the real deal. You wanna know why the Knights childish antics took place; because the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. The team behaved so poorly when they were down and now the coach was the icing on the cake. Great mentor!

Most posters who are Knights fans have congratulated the Storm on an impressive come from behind series victory. Acknowledged they were the better team.
Said they earned it.
But instead of letting the fans soak in the huge accomplishment of the players and organization you wanna focus on this? And go on and on about it? Lol.

You posted
"You’re kidding right? Well I’ll tell you. In the hockey world and I’m in it, this is all they’re talking about. It’s ridiculous"

So all of the (I mean your world) hockey world is talking about D Hunters non handshake and not a rarely seen come from behind 3-0 in games and a game 7, 3-1 deficit in the 2nd period, come from behind victory, or the Tampa Bay loss in rd 1 or the Islanders riding high.....
Wow, you got some narrow minded hockey world friends if all they are talking about is Hunter, with so much else going on that is great. (its the small picture ;) tell them to look around and soak in all tbe good stuff :) The big picture stuff.)
Like for instance........Im sure George B, the Storm players n the Guelph org is feeling great right about now. And they should be. Enjoy that as a hockey person :)

And then when called on it to justify your public statement you responded with
"No one a small minded person like you would ever know. I guess you’ve never been an athlete and don’t understand the etiquette. Run along now little man. No time for you"

Well Im involved with competitive hockey and I challenge you to PM me with some info. It'll remain off the main boards if ya do, as it always does with me.

All you are doing is taking away from a great, rare occurrence in sports, on a board I doubt your a fan of the team just to be an azz.

Are you even a Guelph fan or let me guess a disgruntled parent?

I await your PM. ;)

Congrats Storm! Again, your team earned it.

Last edited:

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Most posters who are Knights fans have congratulated the Storm on an impressive come from behind series victory. Acknowledged they were the better team.
Said they earned it.
But instead of letting the fans soak in the huge accomplishment of the players and organization you wanna focus on this? And go on and on about it? Lol.

You posted
"You’re kidding right? Well I’ll tell you. In the hockey world and I’m in it, this is all they’re talking about. It’s ridiculous"

So all of the ( i mean your lol) hockey world is talking about D Hunters non handshake and not a rarely seen come from behind 3-0. In games and game a 7 3-1 deficit in the 2nd period, come from behind victory . or the Tampa Bay loss or the Islanders riding high.....
Wow, you got some narrow minded hockey world friends if all the are talking about is Hunter. ( its the small picture ;) tell them to look around and soak in all tbe good stuff :) The big picture stuff.)
Like........Im sure George B, the Storm players n the Guelph org is feeling great right about now. Enjoy that :)

And then when called on it to justify your public statement you responded with
"No one a small minded person like you would ever know. I guess you’ve never been an athlete and don’t understand the etiquette. Run along now little man. No time for you"

Well Im involved with conpetitive hockey and I challenge you to PM me with some info. It'll remain off the main boards.

All you are doing is taking away from a great, rare occurrence in sports, on a board I doubt your a fan of the team just to be an azz.

Are you even a Guelph fan?

I await you PM. ;)

Congrats Storm! Again your team earned it.

All this time I thought he was a London fan, judging by his post history. Maybe it depends on which way the wind blows? :huh:We’re not claiming him.

Thanks Ares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad