Guelph Storm 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobie1

Oct 30, 2014
Can anyone tell me if they know how many years did Mr Kelly sign for back in April. Thank You.

Guelph Never announced the length of the contracts for Mr Kelly or Mr Stewart.... Not sure if anyone has some more inside knowledge though...

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Did they ever end up signing Harvey?

I feel like I heard that they were close to re-upping some time ago, but I'm not sure I ever heard it was finalized.

I've heard rumblings he is/was perhaps holding out for a pro job....source has been good in the past, but again, it could just be a misunderstanding if this has in fact already been finalized.

Such a state of flux throughout the league behind the bench.

noobie1

Oct 30, 2014
Did they ever end up signing Harvey?

I feel like I heard that they were close to re-upping some time ago, but I'm not sure I ever heard it was finalized.

I've heard rumblings he is/was perhaps holding out for a pro job....source has been good in the past, but again, it could just be a misunderstanding if this has in fact already been finalized.

Such a state of flux throughout the league behind the bench.

I recall seeing or hearing somewhere that he was resigned, don't recall where though...

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I did a quick scan of old articles on the Storm site, and also on Saxon's blog and couldn't find anything at all on Harvey.

I'm pretty indifferent as far as whether or not he should return, I'm more just curious.

While I enjoy the summer (especially the weather), I can't wait for the season to start!

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Is Robby Fabbri generally a centre or does he actually play RW. Most YouTube videos I have seen, have them on the right wing. It's confusing because most sites have him as center though....

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Is Robby Fabbri generally a centre or does he actually play RW. Most YouTube videos I have seen, have them on the right wing. It's confusing because most sites have him as center though....

Mostly center at the junior level, played RW at the world juniors. Will probably be a winger in the pros because of his lack of strength.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Mostly center at the junior level, played RW at the world juniors. Will probably be a winger in the pros because of his lack of strength.

What would your price be for Robby Fabbri?? Would a price of:

Cliff Pu
Brandon Crawley
2 second round picks
2 fourth round picks

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
Oh look! A replay of page 7!

So critical that London's Ambassador to Guelph has posted hilariously low offers for the 2nd time in 2 weeks...since so much has happened the last two weeks affecting Fabbri's value, that it obviously renders Slicker's and StormSurge's (the same gentleman you're pestering now) answers to you just two weeks ago moot.

Last edited:

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London

So critical that London's Ambassador to Guelph has posted hilariously low offers for the 2nd time in 2 weeks...since so much has happened the last two weeks affecting Fabbri's value, that it obviously renders Slicker's and StormSurge's (the same gentleman you're pestering now) answers to you just two weeks ago moot.

Don't need your input DrJenniferHanson, similar to like you don't want/need mine, which is okay, it is what it is. What I am trying to define is what kind of picks would be used to acquire Fabbri. I guess most of the time, it's hard to render how many or what picks would be used because only the two GM's know the value they want in return. But by putting out a specific offer on the table, it will be interesting to see if people in the Guelph forum see that as a valuable package in return for Fabbri.

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
All one needs to do is review past trades for similar calibre players. Crawley and 2 4ths are spare parts. Has the 2nd best player in the league been traded for a 17 y/o late 1st round pick with 9 career points in conjunction with 2 2nds in recent history? It's a rhetorical question as anyone who follows the league knows how ridiculous that assessment of market value is.

Regardless, my point is you're soliciting answers to the same question you posted here just two weeks ago and already received two answers for, including the same gentleman you're badgering now. It's common sense and proper netiquette.

Last edited:

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Don't need your input DrJenniferHanson, similar to like you don't want/need mine, which is okay, it is what it is. What I am trying to define is what kind of picks would be used to acquire Fabbri. I guess most of the time, it's hard to render how many or what picks would be used because only the two GM's know the value they want in return. But by putting out a specific offer on the table, it will be interesting to see if people in the Guelph forum see that as a valuable package in return for Fabbri.

I think it's more in reference to the fact you already asked this a few pages ago - actually, you've added Crawley this time.

It also spiraled off the rails last time :shakehead (not your fault, mind you)

I still don't think it's enough, though. Ho-Sang returned a '97 and 3 seconds last year....Fabbri, IMO, is the better player and therefore should garner even more than that.

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007

Not sure why you give the guy a hard time. Would much rather read his posts than there be nothing to read.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I think it's more in reference to the fact you already asked this a few pages ago - actually, you've added Crawley this time.

It also spiraled off the rails last time :shakehead (not your fault, mind you)

I still don't think it's enough, though. Ho-Sang returned a '97 and 3 seconds last year....Fabbri, IMO, is the better player and therefore should garner even more than that.

Thanks for the input! Like the comparable in terms of value. Totally agree with you!

noobie1

Oct 30, 2014
What would your price be for Robby Fabbri?? Would a price of:

Cliff Pu
Brandon Crawley
2 second round picks
2 fourth round picks

I see zero chance of that coming to fruition... Fabbri if he comes available will likely be the biggest trade piece out there this season garnering the most return of any deal.
London may not be a player for him based on assets needed for a deal to happen...
I also do not see a defenceman being a part of it unless a guelph D goes the other way as well as Guelph is set and pretty strong and young there.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Yeah for sure. But I don't know if Basil McRae is willing to part with Bouchard.

If Guelph is going to trade Fabbri to a divisional rival like London it better be for a maximum return.

Just so fans of other teams know defenceman aren't really gonna cut it since Guelph is pretty set there unless it's a can't miss prospect and even in that case somebody is gonna have to take one of Guelph'a current defenceman in return.

Also Guelph is currently swimming in 2nd round picks so that's not of the greatest concern either.

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
If Guelph is going to trade Fabbri to a divisional rival like London it better be for a maximum return.

Just so fans of other teams know defenceman aren't really gonna cut it since Guelph is pretty set there unless it's a can't miss prospect and even in that case somebody is gonna have to take one of Guelph'a current defenceman in return.

Also Guelph is currently swimming in 2nd round picks so that's not of the greatest concern either.

Well, a good question would be whether or not it makes sense for the Storm to sort of hang tough and wait to see how the season progresses or move some key cogs early and push younger guys up and develop them hard this year so that next year they could be a top team again. I personally think the Storm could re-tool quickly enough and be a top team as early as next year but that will depend on how Management wants to proceed this year and I don't know if anyone has a read on that so far?

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
If Fabbri were to be made available, I'm sure Niagara would be very interested. Williamson is never afraid to swing for the fences when he's "going for it".

There's no doubt he'll be adding to the roster, it's just a matter of when.

I'd expect Fabbri would bring a kings ransom.

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
If Fabbri were to be made available, I'm sure Niagara would be very interested. Williamson is never afraid to swing for the fences when he's "going for it".

There's no doubt he'll be adding to the roster, it's just a matter of when.

I'd expect Fabbri would bring a kings ransom.

As much as I like the Knights prospect Thomas, I would think it would be better to deal Fabbri to the East. I would look at a couple young forward prospects such as Jones and either Cal Davis or Cameron Bisson and picks from Niagara or Guelphs own Austin Keating and Corey Andonovski if Ottawa are talking come trade deadline time. With Guelphs young defense coming along nicely, those prospects for Fabbri to go along with Smith, Hotchkiss, Ratcliffe, Stevens, Schnarr and Poot would help set the Storm up very well for the near future.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
As much as I like the Knights prospect Thomas, I would think it would be better to deal Fabbri to the East. I would look at a couple young forward prospects such as Jones and either Cal Davis or Cameron Bisson and picks from Niagara or Guelphs own Austin Keating and Corey Andonovski if Ottawa are talking come trade deadline time. With Guelphs young defense coming along nicely, those prospects for Fabbri to go along with Smith, Hotchkiss, Ratcliffe, Stevens, Schnarr and Poot would help set the Storm up very well for the near future.

I like Thomas as well n expect good things ( glad he's a knight and expect him to push for a spot, even on a deep F group by Nov/Dec) But he wouldn't be avail to be dealt as a first year player not picked in first round.
All players picked after first round can't be traded year one.

Last edited:

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls

Can't trade Cal Davis or Bisson this year as they weren't selected in the first round. Ben Jones can be dealt but not until the deadline.

Chico Maki

Oct 27, 2014
Can't trade Cal Davis or Bisson this year as they weren't selected in the first round. Ben Jones can be dealt but not until the deadline.

Well that would work for me, Jones and picks for Fabbri as long as he doesn't make the Blues. Thomas would be out of the picture as well and Guelph could use Ben Jones more than Bouchard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad