Confirmed with Link: Gudbranson breaks HF, traded to NSH for 2023 7th and Fortunato

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I still think it's kind of weird that Nashville picked up two of our defencemen in two years.

And that after picking up Turris.

I suspect that Poile and Dorion get along, but Dorion is like "Doug Wilsoning" him a bit.

Yeah I kinda of feel like they sneaky lost the Duchene trade worse than we did.

Reactions: Raze The Stray

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Poile has low key been kind of a crappy GM for a bit now.

It seems like none of their big-name acquisitions pan out.

Fosberg, Subban, Turris.

He's like "I want in on that Matt Duchene action too!" and that also didn't work.

Acquiring Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones. I guess Ryan's been good in the playoffs.

Fisher worked out well but he was basically gift-wrapped by the Sens.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

Fosberg, Subban, Turris.

He's like "I want in on that Matt Duchene action too!" and that also didn't work.

Johansen too

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Fosberg, Subban, Turris.

Acquiring Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones. I guess Ryan's been good in the playoffs.

Fisher worked out well but he was basically gift-wrapped by the Sens.

Forsberg was a great deal for Nashville. The other pretty bang on - I get what he was looking do with the Jones trade but he clearly lost the better, more impactful player.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Forsberg was a great deal for Nashville.

I mean, they brought him in as that missing piece to make it deep in the playoffs and went out in 5 games.

It’s one of the reasons why I’m never a big advocate of acquiring big superstar pieces at the deadline.

Gretzky in St. Louis.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Forsberg was a great deal for Nashville. The other pretty bang on - I get what he was looking do with the Jones trade but he clearly lost the better, more impactful player.

I believe he's talking Peter Forsberg, not Filip (who was a damn steal lol)

Reactions: OD99

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Can you imagine having Boro and Gud on your team AT THE SAME TIME. Crosschecks per 50 galore.

DJ:

12k2a5.jpg

Reactions: NyQuil

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I still think it's kind of weird that Nashville picked up two of our defencemen in two years.

And that after picking up Turris.

I suspect that Poile and Dorion get along, but Dorion is like "Doug Wilsoning" him a bit.
Three actually. They have Harpur too.

Reactions: NyQuil

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Not to derail the thread but man how is Poile still GM after 20+ years lol. I know he's like best friends with the owner or whatever but damn you'd think you'd move on after awhile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad