Confirmed with Link: Gudbranson breaks HF, traded to NSH for 2023 7th and Fortunato

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Perfect cap to the Sens trade deadline.

Would have liked to see Tierney and J. Brown go as well, but we managed to get rid of most of the dead weight. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Karlsson

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Looks like Dorion got had by paying a 5th for this guy. Could see this coming a mile away the day the deal was made.

Fortunato seems like a pure contract throw-in.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Never change, HF.

Not sure what the point of this trade is. Maybe a 7th is worth more in a pandemic draft.

So you're telling me that the pandemic is going to last until the 2023 draft?!?! Well shit, this deadline day sucks NOW.

giphy.gif

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
So I guess that was the best of the multiple offers for Gud that GMPD couldn't pass them up (per Bobby Mac via someone posting earlier today)?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So I guess that was the best of the multiple offers for Gud that GMPD couldn't pass them up (per Bobby Mac via someone posting earlier today)?

To be fair the market likely plummeted. Benn for a 6th, Gustavsson for a 7th. There wasn't many top 96 picks moved.

Last edited:
Reactions: OD99

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

It's possible that many of the offers were contingent upon the Senators eating salary which they simply will not do. It's not a surprise that Dorion sent him to one of the few teams that could take his full ticket without retention.

Or maybe it was just PR Dorion trying to drum up a market.

Reactions: OD99

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
To be fair the market likely plummeted. Benn for a 6th, Gustavsson for a 7th. There wasn't many top 96 picks moved.

For sure, I just found it curious we apparently had offers we couldn't refuse - seems he could have refused this one pretty easy.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
For sure, I just found it curious we apparently had offers we couldn't refuse - seems he could have refused this one pretty easy.

Likely did have better offer earlier in the day but buyers were probably waiting to see if the market broke down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad