Confirmed with Link: Gudbranson breaks HF, traded to NSH for 2023 7th and Fortunato

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
It’s like training camp ... both Arti and White were great ... but not really... move on. What do you want him to do ?? Slag them?
There is nothing wrong with a GM complimenting players on their way out.
It's like speaking in hyperboles all the time, nothing you say has any meaning any more. If after every single meal i say it's the best meal i've ever had, is the food even good?

If all PD can say is "they're the best pro I've ever met" for every single player he trades, why bother saying anything? Just say it was a hockey decision at that point. It's like if I met you and said you're the nicest guy I've ever met, and while you're standing there, another person comes up to us and then I tell them they're the nicest person I ever met. You'd probably wonder 'wtf?' and think I'm full of shit.

Now if I said the second guy was the funniest person I'd ever met, you'd probably think I was overly positive but so be it.

Saying one guy is the best pro he'd ever met and then within 1h saying a different guy is actually the best pro ever makes PD look ridiculous, not complimenting.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's like speaking in hyperboles all the time, nothing you say has any meaning any more. If after every single meal i say it's the best meal i've ever had, is the food even good?

If all PD can say is "they're the best pro I've ever met" for every single player he trades, why bother saying anything? Just say it was a hockey decision at that point. It's like if I met you and said you're the nicest guy I've ever met, and while you're standing there, another person comes up to us and then I tell them they're the nicest person I ever met. You'd probably wonder 'wtf?' and think I'm full of shit.

Now if I said the second guy was the funniest person I'd ever met, you'd probably think I was overly positive but so be it.

Saying one guy is the best pro he'd ever met and then within 1h saying a different guy is actually the best pro ever makes PD look ridiculous, not complimenting.

Looking ridiculous is his thing

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Geez ...who cares .. the guy isn’t a great communicator in English. These guys aren’t going to feed you the shame quotes about players you seems to be looking for. I can’t figure out what magical meaning you think your posts have ? You want your GM to give honest player evals on players as they leave ? Sorry ...

If that’s what you want look elsewhere. You’ve prob been at a wedding, birthday, or work party where someone went out of their way to say something nice about you too. It is what it is.

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Geez ...who cares .. the guy isn’t a great communicator in English. These guys aren’t going to feed you the shame quotes about players you seems to be looking for. I can’t figure out what magical meaning you think your posts have ? You want your GM to give honest player evals on players as they leave ? Sorry ...

If that’s what you want look elsewhere. You’ve prob been at a wedding, birthday, or work party where someone went out of their way to say something nice about you too. It is what it is.
The only magical meaning my posts have are to draw ire from you apparently, not sure why you're getting bent out of shape that I'm pointing out a pattern.

"Poor communication" is probably how we sent a 2nd for Stepan. PD meant to say a 5th but he exagerated because English.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Dang, Dorion can't even say something nice about the guy on his way out without people here complaining about it. Really digging for dirt on this one, huh?

b097417f-9a28-4369-af3a-6739f1d36167_text.gif

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Dorion did everything I wanted him to, but this made me the happiest. Now hopefully the Preds re-sign him so we don't have Gudbranson coming back here as a hometown guy

c_mak

Jan 15, 2004
Waterloo
I really wanted this to work out better for Gudbranson. Big net clearing right handed D, veteran presence, stood up for his teammates, local guy, I know he had some mobility issues but still I liked what he brought.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I really wanted this to work out better for Gudbranson. Big net clearing right handed D, veteran presence, stood up for his teammates, local guy, I know he had some mobility issues but still I liked what he brought.
Well, Gudbranson was big, a vet and a local guy. But he was not the answer to the Senator's defensive woes.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Right after his wife giving birth he has to quaratine and join a team that might not even make the playoffs and has little to no chance of winning a cup while leaving his hometown that he was so happy to play for.

Ouch.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Right after his wife giving birth he has to quaratine and join a team that might not even make the playoffs and has little to no chance of winning a cup while leaving his hometown that he was so happy to play for.

Ouch.

No place for sentiment when you're trying to take a team out of the basement.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I know, I know...it's just the shittyness of it.

And traded for nothing too.

Buuuuuuut Nashville is apparently very nice, they will all get vaccinated immediately, and the team is apparently a very good organization to play for. He has a young family that can all come with him and not quarantine, and he’s undoubtably trying to play for a new deal.

It’s a shame in a lot of ways, but a pretty sweet opportunity in many others.

A trade to Buffalo, now THAT would have been a tear jerker.... Now that I think about it, PD should trade JB there lol

Reactions: SpezDispenser

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I still think it's kind of weird that Nashville picked up two of our defencemen in two years.

And that after picking up Turris.

I suspect that Poile and Dorion get along, but Dorion is like "Doug Wilsoning" him a bit.

Reactions: DrEasy and Ice-Tray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad