Confirmed with Link: Gudbranson breaks HF, traded to NSH for 2023 7th and Fortunato

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
100% would have just kept Gudbranson if that's what the return was. Unless of course, he wanted to be dealt to continue playing this year.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
100% would have just kept Gudbranson if that's what the return was. Unless of course, he wanted to be dealt to continue playing this year.

Reactions: DJB

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
It’s gotta be a $$ thing. Part of being a pro I guess. If not for salary I would have kept him for that return

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So we got trolled pretty hard by this "too good to pass" offers for Gudbranson

Who is responsible?

So I guess that was the best of the multiple offers for Gud that GMPD couldn't pass them up (per Bobby Mac via someone posting earlier today)?

I heard Dorion turned down a 2nd from Montreal because he didn't want to trade with a rival in the same division

Reactions: Cosmix

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Tough luck, isn't his wife a dentist? Must be tough to move especially with the new kid.

But then again that's the business and at the end of the day he's a millionaire with a beautiful family

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I know what assuming gets you, but I'd bet PD asked Gudbranson if he wanted to be traded. Especially with the new baby thing.

I might not be a huge PD the GM fan, but he seems like a decent enough guy.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
It’s gotta be a $$ thing. Part of being a pro I guess. If not for salary I would have kept him for that return

Maybe the player asked for a trade if possible and PD is doing him a solid... GUD probably trying to get a 2-3 year plus deal and he’s been sitting a bit.

Reactions: Butchy Dakkar

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It's got to be tough to be traded in a pandemic and having to clear quarantine with a baby and a wife who just gave birth (OTOH he has nothing else to do now but help his wife with the baby!). Given the return we got, I think we might as well have kept him.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
So who is Brandon Fortunato?
He's 24 and has played 9 games in the AHL (University hockey before that). He has zero points in the AHL. He plays D from what I can gather (not a lot of info available) and weighs 170 lbs.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yeah I think the same happened with Boro last year in regards to being traded with a new baby, except EG probably knows that a good playoff showing could lead to a nice little extension. As others have mentioned he and his family can probably be vaccinated immediately in the US and and no quarantine required.

Also, everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say about Nashville and the organization.

Good luck!

Reactions: aragorn

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
So I guess that was the best of the multiple offers for Gud that GMPD couldn't pass them up (per Bobby Mac via someone posting earlier today)?
It was a bidding war of #7 draft picks and contract dumps.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
So we got trolled pretty hard by this "too good to pass" offers for Gudbranson

Who is responsible?

I heard Dorion turned down a 2nd from Montreal because he didn't want to trade with a rival in the same division
If anything, Dorion would be the one adding a second pick in the deal.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
You think the Senators are the only team with fans that express displeasure?

The Land of Angry Fans is any place with any team, pro or otherwise - go watch a minor hockey/baseball/soccer/football, etc... game some time and let me know if you don't find an angry fan or 2 even there.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
We got two pieces, and I don't think there's a major difference in the likelihood of getting a player with a 7th versus a 5th, for example. Hopefully some of this stuff pans out for us.

2023 though! Damn. That's not soon.

Reactions: Sweatred

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Wait, is Gudbranson the best pro, or Coburn?

It’s like training camp ... both Arti and White were great ... but not really... move on. What do you want him to do ?? Slag them?
There is nothing wrong with a GM complimenting players on their way out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad