OT: GSP vs Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Koscheck says you trolling son

850___Source_display_image.jpg

This is what happens when you don't read past the opening statement.

Anyway, I don't see what the issue is here fellahs. GSP has beaten everyone he has ever faced (including Serra, as one poster seems to have conveniently forgotten). If he was that bad, you would think someone would be able to stuff his takedowns and either force him to stand or beat HIM on the ground. Fact is, from a technical aspect, Georges St Pierre is one of if not the greatest fighters to ever set foot in the octagon. No one has been able to prove otherwise.

Yeah, there are a lot of meat-heads who want to see mashed up faces, but then there are the die-hards that LOVE the technical aspect and get giddy when a guy can control a fight that much. GSP does whatever he feels like doing, it's been that way for a long time and plugs like Diaz get embarrassed when they go up against someone who actually knows what he's doing

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
This is what happens when you don't read past the opening statement.

Anyway, I don't see what the issue is here fellahs. GSP has beaten everyone he has ever faced (including Serra, as one poster seems to have conveniently forgotten). If he was that bad, you would think someone would be able to stuff his takedowns and either force him to stand or beat HIM on the ground. Fact is, from a technical aspect, Georges St Pierre is one of if not the greatest fighters to ever set foot in the octagon. No one has been able to prove otherwise.

Yeah, there are a lot of meat-heads who want to see mashed up faces, but then there are the die-hards that LOVE the technical aspect and get giddy when a guy can control a fight that much. GSP does whatever he feels like doing, it's been that way for a long time and plugs like Diaz get embarrassed when they go up against someone who actually knows what he's doing

I remember Serra defending against body blows and a ref jumping in and waving it off & as far as meat heads wanting blood? No, just not into watching grown men bear hug. I thought it's supposed to be a fight. So fight, "taking it to the cards" is what has cost wrestling it's spot in the Olympics and has been part of the Denise of boxing and unless gsp actually defends a title by knocking a guy out or making him tap, all he's doing is Olympic wrestling for $60 ppv's

donkeyy0

May 31, 2011
Id rather watch a couple no name flyweight box than the majority of the free televised ufc shows.

I get amped for these big ppv fights, however I find most of the free shows and even a big chunk of the ppvs are just let downs.

There's not enough talent to do what Dana wants to do.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I remember Serra defending against body blows and a ref jumping in and waving it off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge--5B3OMq0

Very weak defending.

As far as the rest of your post, I don't know how many of GSP's title defenses you've watched. He tore Penn apart and put him in the hospital, he embarrassed Hardy, he beat Shields with one eye, he shattered Koscheck's face, he made Diaz look like an amateur. He beat Fitch at his own game while also knocking him on his ass with a nasty right and some huge head kicks and then raining bombs while he was on the ground. For my money, his worst showings were the Alves fight and the Condit fight, I won't argue there. But despite GSP's lack of finishes since winning the title back, he's been impressive. I feel like you need to go back and watch those fights, because we're seeing a very different fighter.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Id rather watch a couple no name flyweight box than the majority of the free televised ufc shows.

I get amped for these big ppv fights, however I find most of the free shows and even a big chunk of the ppvs are just let downs.

There's not enough talent to do what Dana wants to do.

I agree.

I enjoy watching UFC, however if im too cheap to pay for 12 leaf games on leafs tv a year (which is my favorite sport, and team) theres hell no way im ordering the UFC event on PPV.

NazemKadri43

Sep 1, 2010
toronto
gsp said he weighs 190 pounds on fight night....so whats the problem. Cut 5 pounds water weight weigh in at 185. Hes already at the required weight.

Anderson also offered him the fight at 177 and he too declined that

Do you have a link to back up the claim anderson offered to go to 177 and GSP declined?

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Or maybe athletes in "ultimate fighting championship" should ultimately, fight, for a championship? Condit & Hendricks saved the card. Bear hugging & standing 4-5 feet back "superman" slapping is not fighting, and neither is a champion who keeps his belt by points. We all hated the NJD and the left wing lock, same thing here, I'm not a blood thirsty affliction shirt wearing d-bag either it's just steak should taste like steak, hockey should be fast paced and UFC fighters fight.. Your all just on his D cuz he's semi Canadian (wears a fleur de lis) not a maple leaf ;)

Nope, has nothing to do with being Canadian, though that's a bonus no doubt.

First fight I ever watched was GSP vs BJ Penn, the first one in 2006, and I became a fan of his after that day. That was before he had the massive following he does now.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
If you like GSP, you will like.

If not, watch and learn.

Prefight, everyone chirps.....he goes out and dominates all facets.

The Diaz fight was on the feet for more mins than on the ground. He had his chance in his strength, and couldn't amass any offense....... "you can bring all the boxers, none are as good as me" OK Nick, back to to the farm Organizations to win a few in a row.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
. I thought it's supposed to be a fight. So fight, "taking it to the cards" is what has cost wrestling it's spot in the Olympics and has been part of the Denise of boxing and unless gsp actually defends a title by knocking a guy out or making him tap, all he's doing is Olympic wrestling for $60 ppv's

Theres youre problem, youre actually that ignorant. "Its supposed to be a fight, so fight". Its supposed to be Mixed martial arts not bare knuckle boxing. That fight was on its feet for something like 13 minutes they said at the end of it, thats almost a full 3 rounds on their feet. Diaz is supposed to be a slugger but why the hell didnt he do any scrapping while they were standing up? Because he was completely outclassed by GSP in every way in that fight.

Its easy when youre sitting at home with a beer and a pound of wings to say they should be hammering eachother in the face.. I have a feeling you wouldnt be so quick to stand in an octagon with Diaz and fight him to his strengths

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Lol yea good one.

hasnt finished a fight since 2008

gsp is only exciting when hes getting his ass whooped (condit headkick, when diaz rocked him in 3rd, serra etc).
So what if he hasn't finished a fight in 08? Its not about the outcome of the fight, its about how you fight. He out performs his opponents , out boxes them and out works them on the ground. He broke Koscheck's ,BJ Penn's and Jon Fitch's faces. He nearly snapped Dan Hardy's arm off etc. Sometimes, finishing doesn't come easy to you that doesn't mean you're a bad fighter. Watch K1 if you wanna see knock outs

Continuously ducks anderson silva as well because hes scared. But has no problems fighting 155ers (penn/sherk/serra).

Lucky for him he never fought in pride. Guy would rack up yellow cards for stalling
Sorry but you don't understand anything. Anyone who wants GSP vs Silva don't know what they're talking about. We're talking about a guy who willingly goes UP a division vs a guy who is a lifer at WW. GSP would be a small middle weight and Silva would be a gigantic task for him. This"super fight" thing was ridiculous from the get go.Its not ducking, its smart. Silva is bigger and GSP would be a mismatch at anything above WW. lol @ stalling, did you even watch pride? He'd finish guys with knees to the head easily.

Penn is a 55er? LOL 8 fights at WW,2 at MW,1 at LHW(against Machida no less)hardly a guy who's a "real 55er". Matt Serra was a WW before coming to the UFC, and only had 5 fights at LW the rest are all WW fights(which are 13). As for Sean Sherk, he moved down to LW AFTER he fought GSP when he faced Kenny Florian,he fought Hughes for the WW title in 03.

Do some research before making yourself look foolish

ShLou Foot

6-8-5-13
Jul 3, 2011
crusoed
Or maybe athletes in "ultimate fighting championship" should ultimately, fight, for a championship? Condit & Hendricks saved the card. Bear hugging & standing 4-5 feet back "superman" slapping is not fighting, and neither is a champion who keeps his belt by points. We all hated the NJD and the left wing lock, same thing here, I'm not a blood thirsty affliction shirt wearing d-bag either it's just steak should taste like steak, hockey should be fast paced and UFC fighters fight.. Your all just on his D cuz he's semi Canadian (wears a fleur de lis) not a maple leaf ;)

Ha Ha Ha. I get it, shht on the French so hows this. If it wasn't for us your ancestors would still be trying to figure out how "to live on this wild and uninhabitable land" also if it wasn't for us you'd still be kissing your girlfriend like you do your Grandma. Superman punches helped break Koschek's face, ask his plastic surgeon.

I remember Serra defending against body blows and a ref jumping in and waving it off & as far as meat heads wanting blood? No, just not into watching grown men bear hug. I thought it's supposed to be a fight. So fight, "taking it to the cards" is what has cost wrestling it's spot in the Olympics and has been part of the Denise of boxing and unless gsp actually defends a title by knocking a guy out or making him tap, all he's doing is Olympic wrestling for $60 ppv's

No, what cost Wrestling it's spot in the Olympics is the introduction of all these B.S. sports being brought into the competition (wait 10 yrs, if Parcours is still around then they'll probably have it in the Olympics at that time). Wrestling, was the main attraction for the Games at one time, only for them to decide that it doesn't belong now. Who is this Denise you speak of? She seems to be a fighter, but can she hit??

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
PRIDE NEVER DIES!!!

Use to be a huge GSP fan, but after Serra k.oed him he was never the same fighter. Playing it safe for millions.

Greg Jackson and point fighters have made me lost interest in the state of MMA.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
GSP is the Mayweather of MMA - boring as hell to watch the same !@#$ over and over, but they just keep on winning.

I am almost looking forward to a matchup with Johnny Hendricks so at least the potential for him to get caught by that huge left of Johnny's could put GSP out cold.

Condit has a much better chin than Georges.

Toronto

Apr 8, 2007
So what if he hasn't finished a fight in 08? Its not about the outcome of the fight, its about how you fight. He out performs his opponents , out boxes them and out works them on the ground. He broke Koscheck's ,BJ Penn's and Jon Fitch's faces. He nearly snapped Dan Hardy's arm off etc. Sometimes, finishing doesn't come easy to you that doesn't mean you're a bad fighter. Watch K1 if you wanna see knock outs

Sorry but you don't understand anything. Anyone who wants GSP vs Silva don't know what they're talking about. We're talking about a guy who willingly goes UP a division vs a guy who is a lifer at WW. GSP would be a small middle weight and Silva would be a gigantic task for him. This"super fight" thing was ridiculous from the get go.Its not ducking, its smart. Silva is bigger and GSP would be a mismatch at anything above WW. lol @ stalling, did you even watch pride? He'd finish guys with knees to the head easily.

Penn is a 55er? LOL 8 fights at WW,2 at MW,1 at LHW(against Machida no less)hardly a guy who's a "real 55er". Matt Serra was a WW before coming to the UFC, and only had 5 fights at LW the rest are all WW fights(which are 13). As for Sean Sherk, he moved down to LW AFTER he fought GSP when he faced Kenny Florian,he fought Hughes for the WW title in 03.

Do some research before making yourself look foolish

I shouldnt even bother if you cant grasp that penn/sherk/serra are natural 155ers

Machida for example is very small and is a natural 185er who chooses to fight at 205 because he most likely hates cutting weight. Plus he has success there. Machida has admitted in interviews he cuts no weight at all and his usual weigh ins are sometimes as low as 201-202. Frankie edgar cuts no weight as well to fight at lightweight yet was the champ. This guy can be fighting at 135.

And so what if anderson is slightly bigger. This is a fight thats not an excuse. gsp was way bigger then penn sherk and serra but they took the fights. Serra and sherk are 5 foot 6 Lol. Name me a ww thats 5 6 currently in the ufc? You would probaly even struggle to find one whos 5'8 and mildly successful.

Stop with the excuses gsp fans just admit your boy would get whooped and he himself knows it.

Ben henderson offered to take a fight with gsp. That is what you call iron balls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toronto

Apr 8, 2007
"If I'm going to call someone out, I don't want to call someone out who's smaller than me," Henderson said. "I want to call out someone who's bigger than me. So let's do the next weight class up."

benson henderson.

jose aldo wants bendo as well. These are real fighters who accept all challenges. Its like sonnen said... come one come all he will take any fighter who calls him out.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
"If I'm going to call someone out, I don't want to call someone out who's smaller than me," Henderson said. "I want to call out someone who's bigger than me. So let's do the next weight class up."

benson henderson.

jose aldo wants bendo as well. These are real fighters who accept all challenges. Its like sonnen said... come one come all he will take any fighter who calls him out.

SO any proof that GSP has denied that fight from happening or are you still just spouting off random bs?

Toronto

Apr 8, 2007
SO any proof that GSP has denied that fight from happening or are you still just spouting off random bs?

Its common knowledge the only thing from keeping this fight happening is gsp. anderson offered a 177 pound catchweight which gsp never accepted.

anyways gsp needs to cut down on the HGH

imagelcv.jpg

its starting to get a little obvious...

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Its common knowledge the only thing from keeping this fight happening is gsp. anderson offered a 177 pound catchweight which gsp never accepted.

anyways gsp needs to cut down on the HGH

imagelcv.jpg

its starting to get a little obvious...

Its common knowledge but you cant find link from anyone credible whatsoever to suggest it? Gotcha, sounds right in line with everything else you've been going on about in here. And yeah GSP is juicing hard, thats the only reason hes been able to defend his title so well. Its nothing to do with being a high level athlete that works out all the time that he looks like that... :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad