OT: GSP vs Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Guys like you should stick to watching WWE wrestling. With those PPVs, you get to see Steel chairs, tables, ladders, hell even sledgehammers! That's how a fight is supposed to be after all, **** all this "skill" and "technique" that MMA has. All that matters is pleasing the guys who support MMA by buying all those Tapout and Affliction T-shirts.

Those are my favourite kinda fans....All jacked, Tapout shirt on, walkin' around like they're about to break into the business at any time..... lol.... I just watch PPV's at home for free, and don't bother with those folks walking around amped on testosterone at the bar.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Maybe don't pay for the PPV's that he's involved in, or.... just choose not to go to a bar to watch his fights?

I don't know. You can get lots of low-level boxing outside of bars on a saturday night, why would you waste your time paying to watch actual fighters do what they do, when it's clear you really only like the simple, brutish part of it. You can get that for free on the sidewalk.

I appreciate take downs and wrestling, but do something. I really don't see how you take what I'm saying as equating it to street fighting. That is unless your on gsp's D so hard he's tickling your tummy and what I'm saying is actually making you upset. I just think a champ needs to make someone tap or submit, I mean even the FAKE wwf didn't change belts on out of ring counts, dq's or anything but a tap or 3 count (tko) please don't now akin me to a wrestling fan either I'm simply making a comparison. Just accept that gsp's so called "dominance" is not true dominance, but him holding off opposers.
As far as the don't pay for it ;) gladly chief, I didn't we streamed it at my buddy's on a free but quality stream. On par with the CBC stream of the two hockey games we had on side by side tv's

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I appreciate take downs and wrestling, but do something. I really don't see how you take what I'm saying as equating it to street fighting. That is unless your on gsp's D so hard he's tickling your tummy and what I'm saying is actually making you upset. I just think a champ needs to make someone tap or submit, I mean even the FAKE wwf didn't change belts on out of ring counts, dq's or anything but a tap or 3 count (tko) please don't now akin me to a wrestling fan either I'm simply making a comparison. Just accept that gsp's so called "dominance" is not true dominance, but him holding off opposers.
As far as the don't pay for it ;) gladly chief, I didn't we streamed it at my buddy's on a free but quality stream. On par with the CBC stream of the two hockey games we had on side by side tv's

I didn't say anything about WWE. And hey, if you don't appreciate someone getting absolutely worked, which is what happened to Diaz, then fine. And that "a champion should make someone tap or KO" business, works both ways. Until someone doesn't get completely worked by GSP, there's no reason to assume anyone will take his belt. He did plenty. Look at Diaz's face. Diaz was beaten up badly, his conditioning was exposed as weak, and GSP took it to him in a way that Diaz couldn't counter.

Attacking an opponent where they are weakest, and limiting their ability to do what they do best is probably the best way to win fights. Blame Diaz for his being weak, not GSP for exposing it. George fought a picture perfect fight for his opposition.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Definately not the same person, but good theory! Maybe there's more than one person who sees thru the crap and hype. I'm not a nick or Nate Diaz fan, nor am I definately "gangster" I just think when you pay upwards of $50-60 for a ppv or go to bar and spend more one should expect more than two men rolling amongst one another. I have an easy solution.... Make take downs timed somehow, like if you don't do anything then break, stand up and start over. Maybe I'm just a casual fan who doesn't care enough to get technical but it's just my observation after seeing a bunch of Gsp fights compared to others.

Did you watch the fight? GSP was hitting him the entire time. Even if your dumb casual fan rule was put into effect "if youre not doing anything make them stand up" it wouldnt have applied last night anyways

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
To be honest this whole GSP boring thing isn't Georges fault.

The competition has been poor. I don't blame GSP for dominating guys on the ground and jabbing them between the eyes for 25 minutes.

When you're facing second rate scrubs like Koschek, Shields and Diaz thats what is going to happen. They weren't able to threaten him at all, GSP doesn't need to take the risk of opening up and going for the KO because by the time he wears them down he's won 3 straight rounds and its smarter for him to hang on than take risks.

The condit fight was good because CC actually challenged him and knocked him down. I hope Hendricks brings it, but I'm not hopeful for any of the other guys close to the top of the WW divison.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
What amazes me is that GSP is such a chump and yet none of his opponents have been able to stop him from doing whatever he feels like doing. What does it say about a guy like Diaz if GSP decided what happened during every second of that fight? Oh right, it says that Diaz was in over his head and never deserved that fight in the first place. Ditto for most of the guys GSP has had to fight recently.

BayStreetBullies*

What amazes me is that GSP is such a chump and yet none of his opponents have been able to stop him from doing whatever he feels like doing. What does it say about a guy like Diaz if GSP decided what happened during every second of that fight? Oh right, it says that Diaz was in over his head and never deserved that fight in the first place. Ditto for most of the guys GSP has had to fight recently.

Koscheck says you trolling son

850___Source_display_image.jpg

Toronto

Apr 8, 2007
Guys like you should stick to watching WWE wrestling. With those PPVs, you get to see Steel chairs, tables, ladders, hell even sledgehammers! That's how a fight is supposed to be after all, **** all this "skill" and "technique" that MMA has. All that matters is pleasing the guys who support MMA by buying all those Tapout and Affliction T-shirts.

Lol yea good one.

hasnt finished a fight since 2008

gsp is only exciting when hes getting his ass whooped (condit headkick, when diaz rocked him in 3rd, serra etc).

Last edited by a moderator:

Toronto

Apr 8, 2007
Continuously ducks anderson silva as well because hes scared. But has no problems fighting 155ers (penn/sherk/serra).

Lucky for him he never fought in pride. Guy would rack up yellow cards for stalling

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
Continuously ducks anderson silva as well because hes scared. But has no problems fighting 155ers (penn/sherk/serra).

Lucky for him he never fought in pride. Guy would rack up yellow cards for stalling

lol all 3 of those mentioned were at one time or another regular welterweights

Look at GSP's physice, when you figure out how to add 15 pounds onto that without gaining fat and bulk let the medical professionals know

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

Look at GSP's physice, when you figure out how to add 15 pounds onto that without gaining fat and bulk let the medical professionals know

Needs to take off his tapout shirt. It's changing him, like when the Hulk gets pissed...

Toronto

Apr 8, 2007

gsp said he weighs 190 pounds on fight night....so whats the problem. Cut 5 pounds water weight weigh in at 185. Hes already at the required weight.

Anderson also offered him the fight at 177 and he too declined that

Toronto

Apr 8, 2007
"As soon as the weigh-in is done (Friday afternoon) we’ll give him a recovery drink. We’ll even give him Prime (a workout supplement by Gatorade, which sponsors St-Pierre) because he needs the carbohydrates that much more . . . he’ll enter the ring at 192 or 193 pounds.""

straight from his coach firas

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
gsp said he weighs 190 pounds on fight night....so whats the problem. Cut 5 pounds water weight weigh in at 185. Hes already at the required weight.

Anderson also offered him the fight at 177 and he too declined that

Your point is?

He has nothing to prove. Go on now, petty arguments await you somewhere, I'm sure.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
"As soon as the weigh-in is done (Friday afternoon) we’ll give him a recovery drink. We’ll even give him Prime (a workout supplement by Gatorade, which sponsors St-Pierre) because he needs the carbohydrates that much more . . . he’ll enter the ring at 192 or 193 pounds.""

straight from his coach firas

The issue isn't the cutting of the weight it's putting it on.

GSp fights at 190.... That's what his body is designed for.

Sure he can cut to 185... But Anderson is cutting to meet that same weight and then putting on another 20-25 lbs just like gsp does when he fights at welterweight.

So you've got GSP fighting at 195 and Anderson silva is fighting at 210. Not all that fair if you ask me. The reason silva won't go down is for the same reasons. He can cut to 177 and get back to his normal fighting weight, but wouldn't be able to if he doesn't go lower. Also consider that silva has fought at light heavyweight too. It's extremely difficult matchup for gsp

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
Just putting this out there, but the GSP Silva fight will never happen, Silva walks around close to 245 pounds, George around 200 on a good day, far too much of a weight difference. If any super fight is gonna happen it will be Jonny Bones Jones and Silva, Also complete dominance for 5 rounds for George on Saturday, love watching him do his thing.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Honestly some people should just stick to boxing or Muay Thai only. Stay away from MMA, please.

Or maybe athletes in "ultimate fighting championship" should ultimately, fight, for a championship? Condit & Hendricks saved the card. Bear hugging & standing 4-5 feet back "superman" slapping is not fighting, and neither is a champion who keeps his belt by points. We all hated the NJD and the left wing lock, same thing here, I'm not a blood thirsty affliction shirt wearing d-bag either it's just steak should taste like steak, hockey should be fast paced and UFC fighters fight.. Your all just on his D cuz he's semi Canadian (wears a fleur de lis) not a maple leaf ;)

donkeyy0

May 31, 2011
I love boxing, talk about needing cardio. In the latter rounds any mistake could mean a ko, but even going to the cards is an exciting fight. If gsp wasn't absolutely destroying on points he probably would be looking to finish guys.

If you are THAT superior then why would you leave yourself open? If he's got the conditioning to go 25...then it only makes sense

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
To be honest this whole GSP boring thing isn't Georges fault.

The competition has been poor. I don't blame GSP for dominating guys on the ground and jabbing them between the eyes for 25 minutes.

When you're facing second rate scrubs like Koschek, Shields and Diaz thats what is going to happen. They weren't able to threaten him at all, GSP doesn't need to take the risk of opening up and going for the KO because by the time he wears them down he's won 3 straight rounds and its smarter for him to hang on than take risks.

The condit fight was good because CC actually challenged him and knocked him down. I hope Hendricks brings it, but I'm not hopeful for any of the other guys close to the top of the WW divison.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad