Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Well, to be honest, Germany had most of the possession, but none of their crosses were getting in. France did a GREAT job defending.

They were happy to "park the bus" and play the counter... like in 2018. It worked.

They conceded like one or two real chances and generated 5 or 6.

To me, they were easily the better team on the pitch. Is there a HUGE difference between the two teams? No. Was France clearly better? IMO, yes. Could Germany win a rematch? Yes! Could they have won/drawn if a few things went their way? Of course.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well, to be honest, Germany had most of the possession, but none of their crosses were getting in. France did a GREAT job defending.

They were happy to "park the bus" and play the counter... like in 2018. It worked.

They conceded like one or two real chances and generated 5 or 6.

To me, they were easily the better team on the pitch. Is there a HUGE difference between the two teams? No. Was France clearly better? IMO, yes. Could Germany win a rematch? Yes! Could they have won/drawn if a few things went their way? Of course.

Agreed on pretty much all of this. Only point I'd disagree with at all...and ultimately it's a minor one because France still created more than we did...but I think you're overstating the disparity in chance creation.

The French defense was exceptional, but they had to be. Just off the top of my head; Gnabry had two chances that he is expected to convert, the Gosens incident could've been a goal if he had gotten a step on Pavard, there was the header in the first half that we should've done more with, Müller almost crafted a golden opportunity in their box (though I don't remember for whom it fell), etc.

France created more than we did and deserved to win...there's a reason they're the best team in the world...but this wasn't the same toothless possession from Jogi that I have b***ed about for the past two tournaments, and any team other than france concedes multiple goals against that same pressure.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wow, UEFA knows no shame.

They have asked the french medical staff to explain themselves as to why Pavard wasn't subbed after Gosens tried to chop his head off.
OTOH, I hope France asked UEFA to explain the ref and the VAR didn't deem it necessary to punish the violent action that resulted in the incident...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And part II, UEFA says it won't open an investigation on the Rudiger bite, as I previously bet they wouldn't.

Germany is apparently free to bite, pinch, tackle feet in the box and hit a guy's head at full speed without consequences.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Handicap ?
Is that how you call the scandalous reffing?

The only talk of reffing from the TV pundits across multiple channels is how solid the reffing was. Honestly, if this is what you consider scandalous reffing, I'm worried for you in the games ahead....

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Wow, UEFA knows no shame.

They have asked the french medical staff to explain themselves as to why Pavard wasn't subbed after Gosens tried to chop his head off.
OTOH, I hope France asked UEFA to explain the ref and the VAR didn't deem it necessary to punish the violent action that resulted in the incident...

It's amazing that the entire world is out to get France yet they still somehow achieve international success. They must be 3-4 times better than any other team to overcome the ubiquitous forces that work actively against them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The only talk of reffing from the TV pundits across multiple channels is how solid the reffing was. Honestly, if this is what you consider scandalous reffing, I'm worried for you in the games ahead....
Haha, I can tell you right now every single french media is up in arms today and yesterday too.
Battiston was first Twitter Trend for 2 hours yesterday.

Sorry but you're completely out of reality, as your posts in this thread have shown.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Totally agreed.
Pavard should have been subed and Gosens red carded.
You can't go around and knock people unconscious without even TOUCHING the ball.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4