Euro: Group E: Poland vs. Slovakia, 6/14/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Same ole Polska every effin' year. Problems defensively, three starters with injury problems, and looking weak mentally.

I absolutely HATE that we're playing Szczęsny, this bloke is just too lackadaisical for me (like who gets beat on the short side?). Awful goaltending, give me Fabiański like 100 out of 10 times.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Same ole Polska every effin' year. Problems defensively, three starters with injury problems, and looking weak mentally.

I absolutely HATE that we're playing Szczęsny, this bloke is just too lackadaisical for me (like who gets beat on the short side?). Awful goaltending, give me Fabiański like 100 out of 10 times.
FWIW, he didn't get beat on the short side. Looks like, if anything, he got beat by his backside

Reactions: maclean

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hamsik keeps shooting when the Slovaks are attacking in numbers. He should have laid that one off.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Poor game, Poland playing the same way they did in Russia 2018 without any ideas. Slovakia look good on the counter but Hamsik too selfish on a couple of them

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
FWIW, he didn't get beat on the short side. Looks like, if anything, he got beat by his backside
I understand the ball went off the post and then hit him into the net. But nobody shooting on the short side should've been given that much room by a goalkeeper. He isn't the major one at fault as our fullback got beat badly, but that wasn't very confident goalkeeping in the slightest.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I understand the ball went off the post and then hit him into the net. But nobody shooting on the short side should've been given that much room by a goalkeeper. He isn't the major one at fault as our fullback got beat badly, but that wasn't very confident goalkeeping in the slightest.
I was mostly just making the short side vs backside pun. It's okay goalkeeping but not good

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Whom would you play there? When I look at the available options then not playing any of them feels somehow justified. But maybe that's harsh, I have seen hardly any of them play.
Well it’s working so far but I feel like Hamsik is more of a guy you sub in around 65 minutes and let him go play for 25-30 mins with full energy. Personally I would have played Benes as the CAM and keep Duda up there. We don’t have an amazing natural striker and lost arguably our best one in Strelec in pre tournament games

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Poland are really well coached. Their 442 press off the ball is quite good, as is their 3151 shape on the ball. Similar to Nagelsmann’s Leipzig. They overload well and create via combination play.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That's a brutal letdown to start the half but also a really well-worked goal from Poland.

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4