Euro: Group E: Poland vs. Slovakia, 6/14/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Game is in St. Petersburg. Something I wonder is if Polish fans are going to be allowed to travel. Cause uh........Polish and Russian fans tend not to get along. Supposed to be half fans there. I like this game though. Poland will only go as far as Lewy takes them, and this group doesn't really have a weak team. Slovakia just has to stop him. If they do that they should get a point or more. Really straight forward game here.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
It all depends on Hamsik and Lewandowski. Hamsik have been terrible in Swedish league and Lewandowski is never any good for Poland. If any of them play good, that will give either team the upper hand.

Reactions: S E P H

JetFan

Nov 8, 2011
Winnipeg, NW
On paper Poland look to be the favourites and would love for my country to win however with new coach Sousa and constant changes in starting 11 and formations recently they looked weak. To add two strikers Milik and Piatek are out due to injuries which is a big blow. On the big stage Poland have been shell shocked for many years. Lewandowski might carry the team but it all depends on teams unity and the amount of passes he receives from his team mates. First game is critical. My heart would love a Poland win but my brain says a tie.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
It all depends on Hamsik and Lewandowski. Hamsik have been terrible in Swedish league and Lewandowski is never any good for Poland. If any of them play good, that will give either team the upper hand.
Hamsik probably won’t even start, rather come on around 65 minutes. He doesn’t have the legs to play the whole game.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Kinda feeling Slovakia here. Poland snatching defeat from the jaws of victory + hostile environment + a slovak defense that can be very prickly.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I don't think we will be relying on Hamsik. This is Skriniar's game to erase Lewandowski

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And go back to 2010. That was a time, we saw almost a world champions team here in Slovakia... Ok, maybe not so high, but the expectations were sky high.

I'll have to take your word on it :laugh:

I only started following slovak football when it became clear that my cousin was in fact smart enough to marry the slovakian guy she had been with for years; who is just one of the biggest sweethearts on the planet.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Moder on the bench today. Was amazing for Brighton in the final 2 months or so. Looks to be a promising player for the future.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
upload_2021-6-14_10-9-58.jpeg

Tarkovic is gonna cost us any good result.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Hamsik and Duda are playing up top, Duda will stay further forward but yes without regular striker. Says a lot about our “coach”

Whom would you play there? When I look at the available options then not playing any of them feels somehow justified. But maybe that's harsh, I have seen hardly any of them play.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00