Euro: Group E: Poland vs. Slovakia, 6/14/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Poland are really well coached. Their 442 press off the ball is quite good, as is their 3151 shape on the ball. Similar to Nagelsmann’s Leipzig. They overload well and create via combination play.
I haven't been impressed defensively though, Slovakia could've scored like three in that first 25-30-ish minutes. And we're playing our best CB (Glik) and CDM (Krychowiak) in the same match as well.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I haven't been impressed defensively though, Slovakia could've scored like three in that first 25-30-ish minutes. And we're playing our best CB (Glik) and CDM (Krychowiak) in the same match as well.
There are defensive weaknesses but the chance creation methods implemented and pressing are very good so the pros outweigh the cons. Poland have sustained pressure very well.

Reactions: S E P H

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Come outside Lewandowski and let Skriniar show you how you do it

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Lewandowski might be the best finisher going, but he doesn't contribute much else to the team at all. In these games it's just as much the team not helping him as it is him not helping the team.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Poland have to be the most underachieving country at least in Europe don't they? Large population, good economic development especially compared to say Ukraine, their biggest sport, and it's not like it's become popular recently.

I'm not even talking about tournament success I'm talking about the lack of star players or lack of clubs doing well in Europe. Turkey might not have won anything or gone too far either but at least they consistently produce star players (albiet not a elite world class one like Lewa) and their club teams do well. I'm assuming this all has to do with a f*** up of an FA Poland probably has.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Poland have to be the most underachieving country at least in Europe don't they? Large population, good economic development especially compared to say Ukraine, their biggest sport, and it's not like it's become popular recently.

I'm not even talking about tournament success I'm talking about the lack of star players or lack of clubs doing well in Europe. Turkey might not have won anything or gone too far either but at least they consistently produce star players (albiet not a elite world class one like Lewa) and their club teams do well. I'm assuming this all has to do with a f*** up of an FA Poland probably has.

The best clubs in their league don't have anywhere near as much money as the ones in Ukraine and Turkey. Lewandowski for example wasn't discovered or developed at a young age by any of the bigger Polish teams. In other countries with more money in football they would find talents like him instantly and scoop him up. That's probably the main issue with player development. Some of the things UEFA did really screwed a few of these countries over.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Awful, now we lost our chance to make the knockout stage. This game was one of the most important for us, because now Spain and Sweden will probably beat Slovakia. Polska will have to beat Sweden and will probably have to draw Spain which is a tough task considering we lost to effin' Slovakia.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Awful, now we lost our chance to make the knockout stage. This game was one of the most important for us, because now Spain and Sweden will probably beat Slovakia. Polska will have to beat Sweden and will probably have to draw Spain which is a tough task considering we lost to effin' Slovakia.
Cope and seethe

Reactions: maclean

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Lmfao rip Poland. Now time for a hockey atmosphere against Sweden!!!

Absolutely shambolic we're losing to f***ing Slovakia. I should've expected this...
That's exactly why u lost. Overestimating ur own team, even by the players.

I bet the polish players took it as they were about to play a friendly game against Andorra

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lmfao rip Poland. Now time for a hockey atmosphere against Sweden!!!

That's exactly why u lost. Overestimating ur own team, even by the players.

I bet the polish players took it as they were about to play a friendly game against Andorra
No, they lost to Slovakia of South America, lost to Slovakia of Africa, and now Slovakia of Europe. We're bottlers, this isn't anything new mate...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad