GDT: Group E • May 9 • Russia 2, Finland 3 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

happysquirrel

May 9, 2011
I ment big and clean hits.

Lajunen already faced tougher opponents than artyukhin[/url]

They can make big and clean hits, but I don't think it's worth the risk of a penalty because we play so bad when shorthanded.

Even if we would play better shorthanded it would still be against our interests, because our team always needs time to get their play rolling. If the game has lots of breaks they can't get their play rolling.

The less breaks the better, as our team gets the advantage from the ability of playing with superior energy and stamina. Russian defence is weak and slow and we will run in circles around them if there are no breaks... and hopefully also score goals. :cry:

ZZM

Nov 16, 2009
Stockholm
I dont understand all the critic against Bykov?( 2gold,1silver last 3 years.) Also gold in Euro tour, and salavat won gold, so he can´t be that bad. Dont forget what Bykov has done for team Russia.

Of course everybody has their own opinion to what player they want to se in the team and so on.

A coach can only show the way, its up to the players to make it.

The team has really played under their capacity, but the games against slovaks and czechs looked better,but far from 100%.

I dont think russians will level up their game from yesterday, so i think its going to be a pretty close game.

Dr Despair

Mar 22, 2009
Esa Tikkanen in Iltalehti's interview about what Finland should do about Artyukhin: just ignore him and let him take the penalties.

Here is the picture of that article.

etutikit0905SP_jm.gif

Go Finland.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
usualy I'd cheer for Russia, but it won't happen anymore ... so let's go Finland!!!! :handclap:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Lets get ready for the battle! I bet its going to be tough, and i hope its going to be clean.

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
I think it's safe to say that's it for this game. And why on earth would they change Lassila in ? :DDDD 6-1 for Russia as I predicted...
Now i just wish that dropping once again in the quarterfinals means that Jalonen is out. That's exactly why i was hoping we'd lose to Slovakia so that Jalonen would be out.

Latex*

HahahHaha 2-0

I really hope this means that Jalonen leaves after this WC

Lassila in the net??

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Must say it was good start by artyukin, and they were clean ones.

Game is not over how ever yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad