GDT: Group E • May 9 • Russia 2, Finland 3 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
wow looks like we are not showing up, even the bench is asleep.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
That was definately a call, but why would they let Lärking ref finnish games? He HATES Finland with a passion and has shown it so much earlier in hes refeereing... I haven't seen this game until now so I don't know how he's been this far, but I imagine he has been horrible. Why is Lassila in net? Is Vehanen tired?

Latex*

That was definately a call, but why would they let Lärking ref finnish games? He HATES Finland with a passion and has shown it so much earlier in hes refeereing... I haven't seen this game until now so I don't know how he's been this far, but I imagine he has been horrible. Why is Lassila in net? Is Vehanen tired?

Not really, the stick hit his face after the shooting motion.

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland

Vehanen let 2 goals in in a period of like 12-14 seconds or something like that. They weren't his goals tho, just one of those Jalonen decisions that no one understands i quess...

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Good tendencies in the end of the period. Can Lärking be subbed for one of the russian players? Would be much better and less biased.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Well russia didint close the game even if they had change. Hope we can do a "sisuing" thing and get the play working.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Good tendencies in the end of the period. Can Lärking be subbed for one of the russian players? Would be much better and less biased.

could you please wait with whining until lärking does something bad? it will happen, no doubt, but not yet. ;)

happysquirrel

May 9, 2011
Talk about stupid penalties. Luckily our play shorthanded is finally working, or is it that Russians don't need more goals?

What a start, but I was expecting 0-3 after 1st period. I was looking for 6-0 win for Russia, but I would not be surprised if Finland won this 3-2 judging from how the 1st period ended.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Vehanen let 2 goals in in a period of like 12-14 seconds or something like that. They weren't his goals tho, just one of those Jalonen decisions that no one understands i quess...

We seem to be back to some of Aravirtas old favourites...

1. Playing atrocious defensemen togother on the PK (Jaakola - Kukkonen, AKA heartache pairing)
2. Destroying confidences of goaltenders by going back and forth

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
could you please wait with whining until lärking does something bad? it will happen, no doubt, but not yet. ;)

It's better BEFORE he does something bad as he will.

If you use a rubber and it works, you don't need to drop someone off for an abortion...

pouskin74*

Talk about stupid penalties. Luckily our play shorthanded is finally working, or is it that Russians don't need more goals?

What a start, but I was expecting 0-3 after 1st period. I was looking for 6-0 win for Russia, but I would not be surprised if Finland won this 3-2 judging from how the 1st period ended.

i just wondering, how it ended?:laugh:

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Bad period by Russia, even a worse one by Finland. The second goal can be partially blamed on Vehanen, the shot wasn't bad, perhaps a bit of a surprise, but in all ways manageable. I hope Pihlström won't get a lot of hate now, he could he have known the puck was coming towards him when he was guarding the Russian player? He had his back turned when the pass came.

Just generally bad D, a lot of misspasses and slow to get on the attack. But I think Finland still has a chance, if they can get their game going Russia has no chance with the slowness they're currently playing.

Salmela keeps missing the net despite shooting from 4m away. Good job!

Hope Nokelainen didn't get injured.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
you right about 50%, finnland sucks but Russia not!:laugh:

Lol if this is the russia, what doesnt suck, they have absolutely no change to score medal. Absolutely no change.

Its 100% that russia sucks, and finland even more. Horrible game so far i think for both teams, and even more horrible for finland. They are sleeping.

Artyuhkin really gained some points from me in this peroid, he played clean now. Lets see if he keeps that.

Diagonaali

Jan 8, 2009
Finland
Based on 5 on 5 play we are clearly the better team, but scoring 2 goals in 2 periods will be a real struggle for this team.

I was impressed of cave man's skating, he has a real good stride for such a goon and the hits he layed on our players were all good clean hits. So far anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad