GDT: Group D • May 4 • Finland 1, Czech Republic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Code:

LOL. You must have slept over the second half of the season. Since Jan 7th Pavalec posted over .90 Sv% in just 9 games (he played 29 games in total). Call that whatever you want, but not 'really solid'. And Reimer >> Pavelec.

CZE-FIN 4-2 (last one an empty netter).

Yeah... No.

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
It's a shame there aren't any Czech fans in here discussing or voting on the result of the game, but seems that most Finnish fans are voting for the Czechs to win anyway..

We are here, but we were just spectating :D

Czechs should win this game, but I think it will be a close game. In the end, both teams will be satisfied with a draw in regular time. Lets say 2:2, maybe 3:3.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Code:

LOL. You must have slept over the second half of the season. Since Jan 7th Pavalec posted over .90 Sv% in just 9 games (he played 29 games in total). Call that whatever you want, but not 'really solid'. And Reimer >> Pavelec.

CZE-FIN 4-2 (last one an empty netter).
The whole team just got scouted by then and Ondrej had far less help. Didn't have a "really solid" season and still is a young and somewhat inconsistent goalie, but his season as a whole was still great. But whatever, he clearly isn't as good as Reimer so it doesn't really matter.

Oh and Czechs likely win.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
It's a shame there aren't any Czech fans in here discussing or voting on the result of the game, but seems that most Finnish fans are voting for the Czechs to win anyway.

Oh we are too busy out celebrating the WIN already!!! hahaha :handclap: ;) :handclap:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
We are here, but we were just spectating :D

Czechs should win this game, but I think it will be a close game. In the end, both teams will be satisfied with a draw in regular time. Lets say 2:2, maybe 3:3.

Czech team shouldn't be satisfied with a draw though. Finland is not top contender with this roster and they should be able to beat Finland if they want to achieve something at this tournament.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
LOL Zorz... I see you changed your Avatar :handclap: . Just wonderful. :laugh:

Yes, we need to not only win but give them hell. :nod: Let this team know who's superior! :amazed:

:yo:

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
Czech team shouldn't be satisfied with a draw though. Finland is not top contender with this roster and they should be able to beat Finland if they want to achieve something at this tournament.

This. Finland isn't going to contend for anything this year with this team. Czechs however have a really strong team this year and they should win this fairly easily, if they want to be able to challenge Russia/Canada etc.

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic

I agree. They should win, no doubt about that. Other result would be disappointing.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
DEN helped us a bit, so we have at least 3p at the next stage. I'll be happy if we get one/some more today. CZE quite a favorite in my book.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
This. Finland isn't going to contend for anything this year with this team. Czechs however have a really strong team this year and they should win this fairly easily, if they want to be able to challenge Russia/Canada etc.

Still I would be very surprised if Czech team won this game easily (by 3 goals or more). We didn't have any easy wins over top6 country on this level for years.

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
Ridiculous how people here think the Checks will win. This will one-sided murder by Finland. Finland wins 6-0. Ruutu, Komarov and Pihlström will throw body all night

! hour...can't wait... :D

Tissotti

Apr 30, 2011
Helsinki
Czech are clear favorite for this one comparing the teams.
Though at least we secured some more points because of Danes. ;)

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Oops... I just checked out the Czech roster for the first time. We're gonna lose :laugh:

No, but I still think Finns can win. Solid team work, it can take any team quite far.

And for the Czech team I'm gonna say the opposite. Good individuals don't matter if the team doesn't want to play like a team (cf. Russia) :) So I'll hope you guys don't play up to your potential ;)

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Ridiculous how people here think the Checks will win. This will one-sided murder by Finland. Finland wins 6-0. Ruutu, Komarov and Pihlström will throw body all night

! hour...can't wait...
Its normal finnish mentality. They are allready getting their mind set for the loss. They cant help it. They wouldn't believe even in themselves (typical pessimists). They think they wont be dissapoinded if we lose, and they will be suprised and peeing in their pants for happines if we win. Thats what they call being pessimist and what I call cheating yourself because your head just cant take the heat. The sad thing about them is the fact, that you are not going to win anything in your life if you dont believe in yourself and your victory. Parents, please make your kids believe in theirself, thats good for finnish hockey!

Luckily i was born to be brave and I hate loosing! Finland's gonna win:yo:

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
6-1 Finland.

Granlund 0+5
Aaltonen 4+0
Ruutu 5+20 (Big hit on jagr)

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
One goal win for either side. Finland is better than what it looks on paper btw, Jalonen's system seems to be finally working.

svea

Feb 18, 2006
I'm sure this underdog spot sits well with the Finns, as always. No matter how good a team they have, they'll (almost) never win gold partly because of that - Turin 2006 is a good example, where they had both the underdog status and a great team, but finally lost the former before the gold medal game (and the game itself).

Not an Olympic team this time around, but I wouldn't feel too bad as a Czech fan if the Finns managed a win here.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I wish good luck for both teams and fair game. Its time to put blue-white glasses on.

Tonight when they call finnish team on ice, they call some killing iron to the ice.

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
Its normal finnish mentality. They are allready getting their mind set for the loss. They cant help it. They wouldn't believe even in themselves (typical pessimists). They think they wont be dissapoinded if we lose, and they will be suprised and peeing in their pants for happines if we win. Thats what they call being pessimist and what I call cheating yourself because your head just cant take the heat. The sad thing about them is the fact, that you are not going to win anything in your life if you dont believe in yourself and your victory. Parents, please make your kids believe in theirself, thats good for finnish hockey!

Luckily i was born to be brave and I hate loosing! Finland's gonna win:yo:

In this case it's also known as being a realist. I'm not saying Finland doesn't have a chance at winning, but you're just kidding yourself if you honestly believe that it's a 50-50 game with these teams... If it was best against best then it would be 50-50.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Czechs should win easily.

I don't think so or I hope it. A lot depends on the goalie by the Finns, if he plays really well it won't be easy for the Czechs.

But they are the favourites of course. So I think they will win 4-2 or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad