Tom Sterns|Referee
wch.gif
Roger Arm|Linesman
wca.gif
Kiel Murchison |Linesman

Last edited:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I think it's safe to say we're the underdogs in this one. Maybe Czech's defense and goalie are little weaknesses though, dunno. I'm hoping to see some Granlund+Immonen magic!

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
There is only one Ruutu and Väänänen but I advise Czechs keeping their heads up ;)

I don't have faith at all with our defense and PK and Czechs might win this easily if they get few easy ones...

Vehanen has to bring his A game if Finns want some points here.

Let's see how Mikael Granlund plays against top hockey nation. I expect the level beeing same like in the first couple games.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Finland 3-2.

Jágr always disappears against Finland.

Havlat drives the Czech with two quick goals. Granlund scores a beauty in the middle period and then Immonen nets two (assisted by Grana of course) in the final period.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Tight game, anyone could win. Depends on how many penalties we/them take.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Penalties are going to decide this game, if Välivaara takes a couple again Czech will just roll over us. Then again, their weakness (or weakest aspect) is defense and if Finland plays as well for the whole 60 minutes as they did against Denmark and partially Latvia, we should be okay. Czech can't score goals from its own defensive zone.

But since Finland rarely plays a good whole 60 minutes of hockey, unless Vehanen is stunning, this could turn dirty quick. But the chances are there, they just need to be used.

I think Czech has scouted Granlund rather well, so I doubt we'll see such domination as before. Instead, Koivu-Aaltonen will get (have) to produce.

The Right Price

May 9, 2010
Maybe Czech's defense and goalie are little weaknesses though, dunno.

LOL. Excluding Halak, Pavelec is the best goalie in this tournament. He had a really solid year as Atlanta's #1 and had that period in December (around that time) when he looked unbeatable and posted .950+ Sv% night in night out IIRC.

Czech's will take this one. 4-1.

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
This defense and sub-par goalies for Finnish standards, easy one for the Czechs. 4-1 for the Czechs is my guess.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
czechs will take too many penalties and Granlund will dish out perfect outlet passes and Finland wins 4-2

Hopetus

Apr 29, 2011
LOL. Excluding Halak, Pavelec is the best goalie in this tournament. He had a really solid year as Atlanta's #1 and had that period in December (around that time) when he looked unbeatable and posted .950+ Sv% night in night out IIRC.

Czech's will take this one. 4-1.

Code:

LOL. You must have slept over the second half of the season. Since Jan 7th Pavalec posted over .90 Sv% in just 9 games (he played 29 games in total). Call that whatever you want, but not 'really solid'. And Reimer >> Pavelec.

CZE-FIN 4-2 (last one an empty netter).

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
The way Granlund and Immonen have been playing it's quite unbelieveable that their PP unit isn't used as the first unit. I'm waiting to see that happen in this game.

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
It's a shame there aren't any Czech fans in here discussing or voting on the result of the game, but seems that most Finnish fans are voting for the Czechs to win anyway.

Either way, this is going to be an interesting game, and I hope that Kukkonen will be used as little as possible. I wouldn't be too pessimistic about Finland's chances. Although they failed to win Latvia in regulation I think that they can play very well and dominate the game. Some few lucky bounces and this could turn in favor of the Finns.

I have to admit I haven't seen the Czechs play, but I'm basing my optimism towards Finland's chances of winning purely on how I've seen the Finns play. If the Finns stay out of the penalty box (= less Kukkonen on the ice) than I think Finland will win.

Salmela and Lepistö have to improve their games though, and Tuomo Ruutu will improve, of that I'm sure :)

I also hope that Jalonen doesn't juggle the (forward) lines all the time like he did in the game versus Latvia. Let the players find their groove.

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
It's a shame there aren't any Czech fans in here discussing or voting on the result of the game, but seems that most Finnish fans are voting for the Czechs to win anyway.

I'm a Czech fan and I am here :)

It's hard to say, but I hope we'll win tonight. I think that could be very close match. We have quite strong offensive players but I'm worried about our defense. Some of our D-men seems to be very slow or lazy sometimes...

Anyway, very interesting match for me because I am going to spend second half of this year in Finland :)

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Finland 3-2.

Jágr always disappears against Finland.

Havlat drives the Czech with two quick goals. Granlund scores a beauty in the middle period and then Immonen nets two (assisted by Grana of course) in the final period.

Hello my friend :laugh:. I say 3-2 CZECHS :D ;) :nod:

Voracek, Michalek, Jagr scores assisted by Plakanec :naughty:...

This is not going to be an easy game. These teams always play each other tough just like Czechs and Russians, no matter who's on the teams. Good formations from the Finns though so watch out :sarcasm: hahaha :laugh:..

GO CZECHS GO :handclap:

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Hello my friend :laugh:. I say 3-2 CZECHS :D ;) :nod:

Voracek, Michalek, Jagr scores assisted by Plakanec :naughty:...

It's Plekanec for god's sake... "Plakanec" sounds kinda like "crybaby" in Czech.:rant::D

I expect a tight match. Our second line (Havlát-Eliáš-Michálek) has been playing very well so far and we've got some pretty solid depth on the third and fourth line. Jágr's line was struggling in the match against Denmark, I hope they will step up today.
Our defence has not been particularly convincing. Å koula is horrible. Pavelec is obviously very promising but he doesn't have much international/big ice experience.

Hopefully there will be no cheap shots from the Finns this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad