GDT: Group D • May 4 • Denmark 3, Latvia 2 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Kirill Starkov (born in Russia, Danish citizen) played in the KHL for CSKA in 2008-2009. He didn't do so well (attitude problems), but he likely has the skill to play in the KHL. (He's sweater #14 for the Danes and had a couple nice chances against Latvia).

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
We paid dearly for losing Kulda and not having many key players who care so much about their precious contract. Once again my theory was proven right - no local league, no success. Danes have good local league, thus success and growth. Even though an average Danish yokel doesn't care much for Ice Hockey, their league is still stronger than our poor ass parody of hockey league.

We'll have to play with BLR in relegation round?

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
And what about Ukraine? They have their own league. But in the end bog.

so does Latvija, the guy was pushing for a strong domestic league, ukrain's and latvija's leagues as of now - beer-leagues. And strong domestic league should be the bottom of the iceberg for Latvia, with the top - being the KHL team DR.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
:damnpc: Im PISSED why WHY!!!! I was looking forward to see Latvia in this wc2011. Its just soooo coool with small countries beating the big ones :) That Finland game was just epic and now this... Just sad :facepalm: Anyways im sure u avoid relegation! Go Latvia. Greetings from Norway (btw I like Denmark too :) )

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Losing Darzins for the shootout really hurt Latvia. And Nizivijs usually never misses twice. Sad that they're going to the relegation round, but it is what it is. They have a seriously depleted lineup this year, so asking for anything more might be excessive. Hopefully they don't pull one of their ridiculous losses to weaker teams and dominate the relegation round.

Dima_BLR

May 13, 2006
Good Old Europe
I know, its (khl) the best league in europe....

.... but by how far was the point. Some feel to think its almost as good as NHL what is nowhere near the truth, before its proved. The proofs what we have seen so far show that NHL is much better.

I do respect KHL ofc, we got Aaltonen and Immonen from there for example and they are great. They have ofcourse gone there from SM-Liiga however..
Speaking of KHL, the difference in class between it and SM-Liga is evident and definitely not in favour of the latter. For example, such Finnish guys as Peltonen, Makkonen, Vaananen, H.Pikkarainen, M.Jokela who were playing for KHL Dinamo Minsk in the previous seasons 2009-2011 were just mediocre (to say the least) at the KHL level while at home they were and are top league players, leaders of their clubs and even members of team Finland.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Picks up? There are 6 NHL players, and 1 more within 3 years - Nicklas Jensen. It doesn't have to be picked up, it's doing very well.

+ Lauridsen in the AHL and the large amount of players leaving the Danish League to play in Sweden or Germany. Some have tried making it in the OHL, some in Swedish Jr... Danish players are moving out of Denmark to play higher levels. Not only in NHL-scale. :handclap:

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
so does Latvija, the guy was pushing for a strong domestic league, ukrain's and latvija's leagues as of now - beer-leagues. And strong domestic league should be the bottom of the iceberg for Latvia, with the top - being the KHL team DR.

Totally agree with you. KHL is a different matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad