GDT: Group D • May 4 • Denmark 3, Latvia 2 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
are u a Russian speaker? u ever been to allhockey.ru? DR games have the most amount of posts all the time

Yes, about RD. But Latvians don't care about the rest of KHL.

Masalskis the saviour. Nizhivijs should change his SO style.

Last edited by a moderator:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
That was tough. Both goalies were very good. But go DEN!!!
I think both teams just lacked goal scoring skill there...

I wonder why they didint put Christensen to shoot earlier, watching the game he was easily the best and most skilled danish player.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Latvia and Belarus are embarrassing the KHL. Nijivis sucks at shootouts, same with Vasiljevs. Those were the worst shootout attempts I've seen since the Kovalchuk one where he lost the puck! Masalskis was good though.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Danes have like 7-8 KHL level players. 5 of them are in NHL: Boedker, Eller, Nielsen, Regin and Hansen. 1 is in AHL: Larsen. And a couple in Europe: Christensen and Madsen.

Guys like Hardt, Lassen, Staal, Regin, F.Andersen, O.Lauridsen and Jacobsen would have been pretty condtenders to make Team Latvia if they were latvians. Maybe Starkov and D.Nielsen aswell.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
This means Div I. With all famed RD players. We managed better when our hockey was about to crumble a few years ago.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Danes have like 7-8 KHL level players. 5 of them are in NHL: Boedker, Eller, Nielsen, Regin and Hansen. 1 is in AHL: Larsen. And a couple in Europe: Christensen and Madsen.

Guys like Hardt, Lassen, Staal, Regin, F.Andersen, O.Lauridsen and Jacobsen would have been pretty condtenders to make Team Latvia if they were latvians. Maybe Starkov and D.Nielsen aswell.

KHL khl khl khl khl khl.... (I dont mean to offend on you, its so many people here).

I start feeling whole league is a bit overrated. Those "KHL-Level" guys took 7-2 ass whooping from Canada at olympics, and havent shown that great play here neither.

NHL is the thing, KHL is pretty close to other european leagues. KHL biggest stars are aged NHL stars...

Simagin

Nov 18, 2002
KHL khl khl khl khl khl.... (I dont mean to offend on you, its so many people here).

I start feeling whole league is a bit overrated. Those "KHL-Level" guys took 7-2 ass whooping from Canada at olympics, and havent shown that great play here neither.

NHL is the thing, KHL is pretty close to other european leagues. KHL biggest stars are aged NHL stars...

The KHL is for sure better than the SM-Liiga. ;)

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

KHL is overrated, but it's the best league in Europe overall and also by KHL level I meant that this guys can play as foreigners in KHL(they have 5 foreign players limit per team).

Simagin

Nov 18, 2002
KHL is overrated, but it's the best league in Europe overall and also by KHL level I meant that this guys can play as foreigners in KHL(they have 5 foreign players limit per team).

That sums it up

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija

This is not true. KHL is the second best league in the world, and first in Europe. I did watch the games, and the level was great. Loved it.

The problem, however, is the same as with NHL- after the long season, the best players are not that eager to play for the national team EVERY year. As seen, other teams haven't sent their best players as well, so teams such as Latvia, Norway, Germany etc. can play with the top-6 more competitively at times.
Nevertheless, the small countries (hockey-wise) are not isolated from this problem. This was the case with Latvia.

One should not recklessly compare the leagues only by looking at the national team results in one or two championships.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

overrated by whom? I think KHL has the best (strongest) teams in Europe but by far not all of them are...the low level KHL teams are pretty average. And many players on this team Latvija are NOT full-time KHL players and wouldn't be in the KHL - had Latvija not had a club there.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

I am a big fan of Regin, a bright kid!

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
I hope the relegation to Div I will be the reason to wipe out all the old farts from LHF. Especially the old crook Lipmann.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
The KHL is for sure better than the SM-Liiga. ;)

I know, its (khl) the best league in europe....

.... but by how far was the point. Some feel to think its almost as good as NHL what is nowhere near the truth, before its proved. The proofs what we have seen so far show that NHL is much better.

I do respect KHL ofc, we got Aaltonen and Immonen from there for example and they are great. They have ofcourse gone there from SM-Liiga however..

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Masalskis woke up at shootouts, but the Danes shot like professionals. They didn't try to outplay the goalie, but instead found the weak spot and shot the puck. That's why we never score, because we try to outplay and pass, instead of shooting the puck on goal. In shootouts Danish players resembled very much Finns in Lat - Fin shootouts. They shot like NHL stars for crying out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad