GDT: Group D • May 4 • Denmark 3, Latvia 2 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
Idiots 2:1 It's humiliating to be losing to Denmark.
Stop exaggerating for Christ sakes.
Denmark is a good team altogether, even if lacking individual skill. When you're not up to the level, they will punish you, and that's what has happened today.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Lol @ that penalty call, but that D man deserved it because of that horrible shot. 5 on 3 pp and u dont put the puck deep corner but shoot into first (and only) forecheker..

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
even if lacking individual skill.

That's exactly what they are not lacking. We are lacking both individual skill and and overall good teamplay.

And yet another rookie type penalty. Too many players on ice.

And Austria is better than us (if we come to relegation), so it means we'll get relegated to Div I. That's what you get for not having a strong local league. Basing all your hpes on KHL and Riga Dinamo is not the best option for future successes.

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
That's exactly what they are not lacking. We are lacking both individual skill and and overall good teamplay.

And Austria is better than us (if we come to relegation), so it means we'll get relegated to Div I. That's what you get for not having a strong local league. Basing all your hpes on KHL and Riga Dinamo is not the best option for future successes.
First two lines- agree. But overall Latvia has better individual skill without a doubt.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Look how easy they come into our defending zone. Even Czechs sometimes had tough time doing that. Where is our D?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Look how easy they come into our defending zone. Even Czechs sometimes had tough time doing that. Where is our D?

I was thinking the same. And in some situations latvian D has been sleeping and giving big changes in front of the net, not clearing the puck away good. Didint see that in Finland - Latvia game, where they defended amazingly.

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
For some reason though, Masalskis plays below his average. And other goalkeepers do too. Perhaps something to do with the ice?

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
I've never seen a Danish players in our league, but I've heard of our player(s) plaing in their league. Which says a lot about our internal Ice Hockey problems.

LHF has to be purged. Violently if necessary.

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
I was thinking the same. And in some situations latvian D has been sleeping and giving big changes in front of the net, not clearing the puck away good. Didint see that in Finland - Latvia game, where they defended amazingly.
It probably has to do with the focus of the strategy. To be honest, we shouldn't focus on defence that much against Denmark as on creating pressure in the Danish zone.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

strong local league is a must, but it surely doesn't hurt that your best players are playing in the KHL, it only helps.

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
I've never seen a Danish players in our league, but I've heard of our player(s) plaing in their league. Which says a lot about our internal Ice Hockey problems.

LHF has to be purged. Violently if necessary.
(1) Danish players do not play in KHL because they lack skill. We do too, so thank a couple of Russian billionaires that they've allowed RD to be formed. Or else, most of our players would be playing in Belarus.
(2) No foreigners play in Denmark right now, except for a couple in each team. I've heard it's due to financial difficulties, but not sure.
(3) Look at U-18 and U-20 now and ten years ago, and then talk about purging LHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad