GDT: Group D • April 30 • Czech Republic 4, Latvia 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
Anyhow, a great game.
Good effort from our side and somewhat bizarre game from the Czechs made it very close. Both goalies could've done better.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Too bad for Latvia, they showed over all a good performance in my opinion and had deserved at least one point.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
What can I say? Damn losers did it again. Screwed it up, because they didn't believe in victory! The Czechs didn't look so strong either. Th 3rd period was chaotic and with bad tactical decisions.

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
There's just always something wrong with the goalies of Czech Republic.. I remember '06, first game and a tie of 1:1 with the Czechs partially due to a goalie failure.. It seems as though that could be their weakest point again.

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
4:1 for us (Czech)... Latvia always play very good against us, so that won't be easy.

Well, 4:2 and as I said, it wasn't easy. Latvia played very good match, their players were very quick in offensive zone and they had a great defense, unfortunetly some dirty fouls...
We played bad in defense :(

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Too bad for Latvia, they showed over all a good performance in my opinion and had deserved at least one point.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
4-2 win after other favourites (Russia, Sweden) having much more trouble in their first game? I take that! We play better next game, I have no doubts about that.

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
4-2 win after other favourites (Russia, Sweden) having much more trouble in their first game? I take that! We play better next game, I have no doubts about that.

Yep, we have 3 points but lost Martinek, so quite expensive points for us...

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Not really. Refs didn't call a few penalties on our side as well.. Moreover, no penalty was given for Kulda's 'present' to Martinek.

It was a clean check and moreover a very weak one. I say it was a freak accident. I feel sorry for Martinek, but that was shoulder on shoulder.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Yep, we have 3 points but lost Martinek, so quite expensive points for us...

Personally I think Martinek out means that both Nakladal and Nemec will be on the roster as well as Plekanec. Vampola and Koukal probably going home (8 D + 13 F).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad