World Cup: Group C: Peru vs. Denmark, 6/16/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Any praise for the use of VAR there should be tempered by the fact the referee should have made the call in the first place. It's not physically possible for a player leaning/moving to the left to make his legs fall out to his right like that, it couldn't have been a dive. A pretty obvious decision missed.

Reactions: robertmac43

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
People say that everytime a stutter step penalty fails as though penalties are otherwise converted 100%. We never hear anyone mention it when it sends the keeper flying long before the ball gets struck :dunno:

Reactions: robertmac43

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Still weird seeing video review in the WC

Yeah I didn't realize they started reviewing all marginal box plays and goals scored until seeing some of the replay of Spain-Portugal. Soccer isn't that long a match so I don't think replay will be overly intrusive the way it's getting in some other sports.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What the hell are these announcers that Fox decided to employee? Don't get me wrong, their voices are sexy, but it's so strange listening to Latinos announce in English.

I am going for Peru, especially after how obnoxious I saw the stupid Danish fans cheer for a bloke who missed a penalty. The goalkeeeper didn't even save it, stop celebrating like you won an effin game. Gezzz.

Just saw the VAR, why the **** are they not employing another ref to see the review so the ref doesn't have to run over and waste even more time?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nice to see the Danes pushing a little more in this half. Still hoping for a flurry that leaves this match ending 3-2 for somebody

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad