Euro: Group C: Germany vs. Ukraine, 6/12/2016

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Maybe not, but I didn't like his positioning at times when he came out.

Sure, OK what?

Do you mean in general or just in this game?

I think he's referring to the fact Schweinsteiger being the "wrong" players to be subbed on but ultimately scoring a goal.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
What the ****?
33b90c4e-9300-43ea-9aac-82887d803f09.jpg

:help:

You weren't doing the same after that Schweinsteiger half-volley? I was.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Do you mean in general or just in this game?

I think he's referring to the fact Schweinsteiger being the "wrong" players to be subbed on but ultimately scoring a goal.

This match.

I think so too which is an odd thing to post considering that's about all he did and it wasn't like it was some spectacular goal. That's not to mention Low's questionable decision making overall.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Germans looked dominant in the 2nd half. All in all a well deserved win. Ukraine probably do feel they deserve better though. A bit unfortunate they had to play against the best CB and GK in the world.

Thiago Silva has joined Germany??? :amazed:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
At this point Schweinsteiger can't be relied on for club football anymore. His body isn't going to hold up for a full season of league play and the various cups etc etc anymore. At some point something is gonna snap and he'll be out for months again. But for international play every couple of months and a tournament for 10-ish games you can get him healthy enough to still have a big impact.

You could cart the guy in a wheelchair on the field and i'd still expect him to play better than most.

The guy is still just 31 but boy injuries took a toll on him . Will be a sad day when he retires from international play.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Weigl, Kimmich & Kroos are all better at this point.

If you are thinking of FBs who should be at this tourney, might I direct your attention to Weiser, Schmelzer & Gerhardt?

Lahm at LB, Kimmich at RB imo. It's not that easy to supplant an aging player who is defined so much by his intelligence rather than his physical ability. As Bayern's season went on, he got better, too, unlike the 2014-15 season. As much as I love Schmelle, I'd take Lahm over him every time. Same with Weiser on the right side.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
They were great in the first half. Neuer won Germany the game.

They had a good spurt for about 15 minutes in the first half. Not great by any means. Most of the match they had no control at all. Germany was still the far superior team and had more shots and better chances. I'd say Kroos won them the match, not Neuer.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Weigl, Kimmich & Kroos are all better at this point.

If you are thinking of FBs who should be at this tourney, might I direct your attention to Weiser, Schmelzer & Gerhardt?

Yeah, especially Schmelzer. Thinking of Lahm because he always delivered for the national team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lahm at LB, Kimmich at RB imo. It's not that easy to supplant an aging player who is defined so much by his intelligence rather than his physical ability. As Bayern's season went on, he got better, too, unlike the 2014-15 season. As much as I love Schmelle, I'd take Lahm over him every time. Same with Weiser on the right side.

I was really underwhelmed by him all year, but even if I agreed with him finishing the season better than he started it; I still wouldn't take him over Weiser. That kid was tremendous for Hertha and would give us a lot more width and support than any other option who's old enough to drive.

They had a good spurt for about 15 minutes in the first half. Not great by any means. Most of the match they had no control at all. Germany was still the far superior team and had more shots and better chances. I'd say Kroos won them the match, not Neuer.

Should be interesting to see if their counters can find the back of the net and defense can hold off the poles.

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
From what I read today, Hummels might play against Poland. This means one of the defenders have to go. My guess is Hoewedes since the other three weren't bad at all.
I hope neither Götze or Draxler will play the next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad