Euro: Group C: Germany vs. Ukraine, 6/12/2016

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Great counter attack by Germany. Now where was that the rest of the game?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
That Poland game should be interesting, some real holes in Germany's game today. I think they're fixable but I don't think they'll be fixed. I'd like to know wtf Ukraine did at half time, that was strange how they went from playing with urgency to looking so winded after the half.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
That Poland game should be interesting, some real holes in Germany's game today. I think they're fixable but I don't think they'll be fixed. I'd like to know wtf Ukraine did at half time, that was strange how they went from playing with urgency to looking so winded after the half.

Halftime came at the right moment for the Germans, allowed them to settle down. As time wore on in the 2nd half Ukraine clearly were increasingly tired.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Germans looked dominant in the 2nd half. All in all a well deserved win. Ukraine probably do feel they deserve better though. A bit unfortunate they had to play against the best CB and GK in the world.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Beautiful pass Ozil and a terrific finish.

Ozil set it up on a platter, but he had time and space on a break. Still he put it on a platter for Schweinsteiger so I wouldn't call that a terrific finish.

Germans looked dominant in the 2nd half. All in all a well deserved win. Ukraine probably do feel they deserve better though. A bit unfortunate they had to play against one of the best CB and GK in the world.

Deserved, but well deserved might be pushing it. The result could have easily been different. Fixed your post as well.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Ozil set it up on a platter, but he had time and space on a break. Still he put it on a platter for Schweinsteiger so I wouldn't call that a terrific finish.

True, but I thougth it kind of bounced right before Schwiensteiger finished, making it tougher. You're right, not "terrific", but a tricky one nonetheless, IMO.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
True, but I thougth it kind of bounced right before Schwiensteiger finished, making it tougher. You're right, not "terrific", but a tricky one nonetheless, IMO.

I think it did, but still routine with a rather empty net and placed right to him. For me I'd have missed it of course, but for these guys I think it was relatively routine.

Sergio Ramos? :sarcasm:

Well this is HFBoards... No, I don't think there is a consensus best CB (just like there isn't a consensus best CM despite what some say about Modric). Boateng is certainly part of the discussion, but with Silva and Pique if you ask me.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
What the ****?
33b90c4e-9300-43ea-9aac-82887d803f09.jpg

:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad