World Cup: Group C: Denmark vs. Australia, 6/21/2018

Result?

• Total voters

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Besides, our fullbacks scare me, they are getting exposed by Peruvian league and Aussie league players.

Not good enough.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
For sure, but imo, Bo Johansson was a better coach than Hareide. Guy seems emptional and clueless. And used the players totally wrong, and now twice in a row, after Denmark scores, he changes to long balls, and giving possession to an inferior team.

Which is infuriating as there is no need to do so. The best way to keep a lead is pressuring the opponents so you psychologically get them into a defensive mindset. Not actually giving them confidence, that they can move their team forward without repercussion. Denmark is not old-school-Italy when it comes to defending a whole match.
In my opinion after scoring to 1-0 you should always drive aggressively for a 2-0 since the opponent is often rattled a couple of minutes afterwards.
Basically both coach and team severely lack the killer instinct.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Which is infuriating as there is no need to do so. The best way to keep a lead is pressuring the opponents so you psychologically get them into a defensive mindset. Not actually giving them confidence, that they can move their team forward without repercussion. Denmark is not old-school-Italy when it comes to defending a whole match.
In my opinion after scoring to 1-0 you should always drive aggressively for a 2-0 since the opponent is often rattled a couple of minutes afterwards.
Basically both coach and team severely lack the killer instinct.
These two games are enough to get a hardcore fan in a bad mood.

Frustrating as hell.

No urgency, no real backlash in the media, no insight from the team, just excuses...

Just as DBU, just wait for Denmark to crash against France, and not go to the 16ths.

And then after, DBU will say, approved and keep Hareide for the next 12 years..

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Maybe Alexander Zorniger from Brøndby?
A coach that now understand the psychological weirdness of Danish players, but Germans value efficiency and that is sorely needed instead of current grease-boot football.
would be a good choice imo

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
How many games without a loss now for Denmark? Isn’t it 17 or something?

I don’t particularly like Hareide. But hard to argue against some of the things he has accomplished across Scandinavia.

Isn’t it partly because of his success in the first place people are now expecting more from Denmark?

Fair enough being disappointed after the two first matches, but not sure if I agree that there is a coaching problem.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
How many games without a loss now for Denmark? Isn’t it 17 or something?

I don’t particularly like Hareide. But hard to argue against some of the things he has accomplished across Scandinavia.

Isn’t it partly because of his success in the first place people are now expecting more from Denmark?

Fair enough being disappointed after the two first matches, but not sure if I agree that there is a coaching problem.

Hard question to really answer.
Is it the coach that want them to play this slow tempo football, or is it all the players fault being nervous.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hard question to really answer.
Is it the coach that want them to play this slow tempo football, or is it all the players fault being nervous.

Hareide isn’t really known for being especially cautious. Not really sure what is happening with Denmark at the moment. To me it looks like the players are overthinking it.

Hareide is ultimately responsible for Denmark not performing better against a team they should be better than (this Australian team is quite weak), but no manager/coach is able to get their team to perform at their very best every single time. Hareide is hardly the best coach in the World, but even with a couple of disappointing performances I don’t see how one can argue he isn’t, in general, working for Denmark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad