World Cup: Group C: Denmark vs. Australia, 6/21/2018

Result?

• Total voters

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Not really but to each his own. We can agree to disagree.

To be fair, it should not have been a penalty against Poulson. It’s impossible to not put your arms in the air to aid in jumping and trying to defend.

I think most post match pundits around the globe would agree the call was harsh.

But it’s done and the team has to move on and prepare for the next match.
Apologize if you did not.

Ofc, you are correct about moving on - as a fan, it is hard to find delight in the way Denmark have played.

But imo, had the penalty not been called, Denmark would have played better. It totally deflated them.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gotcha.

Yeah there's Italiano and also Birkan Kirdar. Both are 16 and super highly regarded. There's also Seb Pasquali who is 18 and plays for Ajax under 19s.

I'd love to see you guys develop into a fun NT. I watched a world cup preview from SBS and the guy (something Foster) made a great point about the opportunity you guys have to experiment more than european or SA teams since you qualify through Asia. So it would be cool to see a talented new generation come through for you, who develop a positive style of play with the NT that they can really polish in that easier qualifying cycle.

Reactions: darko

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Australia must be happy 2 goals in tournament 2 penalty goals. 2 VAR goals. Varustralia loves VAR. Denmark have played poorly in the first 2 matches... happy with the 4 point. Stryger, Sisto, Jorgensen where a big disappointment. Well on a positive note Poulsen cant make a penalty against France:D

Reactions: QuietContrarian

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Apologize if you did not.

Ofc, you are correct about moving on - as a fan, it is hard to find delight in the way Denmark have played.

No worries. Nothing wrong with a healthy discussion.

Good luck to the Danes the rest of the way.

As a former keeper myself, I always enjoyed watching the senior Schmeichel play. An exceptional keeper in his day.

His boy is pretty solid as well.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'd love to see you guys develop into a fun NT. I watched a world cup preview from SBS and the guy (something Foster) made a great point about the opportunity you guys have to experiment more than european or SA teams since you qualify through Asia. So it would be cool to see a talented new generation come through for you, who develop a positive style of play with the NT that they can really polish in that easier qualifying cycle.

Craig Foster.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Australia must be happy 2 goals in tournament 2 penalty goals. 2 VAR goals. Varustralia loves VAR. Denmark have played poorly in the first 2 matches... happy with the 4 point. Stryger, Sisto, Jorgensen where a big disappointment. Well on a positive note Poulsen cant make a penalty against France:D
If Denmark continue in like fashion against France, they will get murdered.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

VAR also cost us a goal against Germany.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Yeah I mean if Poulsen said it, it has to be true.
Nope, but I fail to see why both he and Hareide would lie, it changes nothing.

Besides, penaltu should never have been called in the first place. Takes Poulsen out against France aswell, and changes the flow of the game.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Craig Foster.

I really like him & the woman he's in russia with. That was one of the most insightful things I heard in any WC preview show & she's made a few points I was happy to hear someone vocalizing...though the point about asian qualifying is the only one I remember.

PS those two better be f***ing, their chemistry is too good & they're too pretty. It would be a waste if they're not :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
If Denmark continue in like fashion against France, they will get murdered.

Well the interesting part is that against France they are clearly not favourites....

Danish teams are so weird. WC 1998 people remember as one of the big Danish team in history, when we in the playoffs beat Nigeria 4-1 and lost to 2-3 to Brazil after playing great football; BUT they had played bad in the preliminary round.
1-0 against Saudi Arabia, 1-1 against South Africa and lost 1-2 to France.......

If history repeats itself they will lose to France (1-2?), but scrape through to the playoffs. Then when the pressure is off anything can happen.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I have, and I cannot make the call, hence why I don't believe you can either, hence me trusting the word of Poulsen who was there.

Though you guys boast more current or former Gladbach players than anyone but the german & swiss NTs at this tourney...the bolded feels like a mistake. #TotallyNotSaltyOssiWhoWantsLeipzigToBeSuccessful

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Im not sure I want to see this team embarrassed by Argentina or Croatia..
A team can always grow in a tournament.. Just get to the knock out rounds.. You never Know.. WC 98 Denmark Play poorly in the group stage.. then Meet Nigeria in knock out who Where big favorite and they won 4-1. You never Know.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
A team can always grow in a tournament.. Just get to the knock out rounds.. You never Know.. WC 98 Denmark Play poorly in the group stage.. then Meet Nigeria in knock out who Where big favorite and they won 4-1. You never Know.
Well the interesting part is that against France they are clearly not favourites....

Danish teams are so weird. WC 1998 people remember as one of the big Danish team in history, when we in the playoffs beat Nigeria 4-1 and lost to 2-3 to Brazil after playing great football; BUT they had played bad in the preliminary round.
1-0 against Saudi Arabia, 1-1 against South Africa and lost 1-2 to France.......

If history repeats itself they will lose to France (1-2?), but scrape through to the playoffs. Then when the pressure is off anything can happen.
For sure, but imo, Bo Johansson was a better coach than Hareide. Guy seems emptional and clueless. And used the players totally wrong, and now twice in a row, after Denmark scores, he changes to long balls, and giving possession to an inferior team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad